Rate the Unit, Day 32: Myrrh

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Ewan: 1.74

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Knoll: 3.67

Rennac: 4.09

Dozla: 4.28

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Duessel: 7.96

Saleh: 8.04

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Cormag: 8.22

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF FAILURES:

Darros

3-13Archer

A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF CAMTECH WHO KNEW WHAT HE WAS GETTING INTO:

Camtech

A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF PEOPLE WHO GAMED MY RULE AND DESERVE RESPECT:

OrangeCrush

HONORABLE MENTION:

Anouleth

Edited by Integrity

7/10

Comes late, slow start, decimates everything in her way once she gets going with her 50 use Dragonstone (not thirty like stupid Fa). If she came earlier and with an unlimited use weapon (coughMineglitch), she'd be half as broken as Seth.

Worth at least a six and and I like her, so bias.

Myrrh is this awesome girl who turns into a dragon and kills stuff.

Except she has low movement and pretty darn bad availability, so she actually doesn't get to turn into a dragon and kill stuff much. 3/10

Edited for grammar fail.

Edited by Rewjeo

Flies too. Don't forget flies (not like she can really cart anyone of value).

not necessary, but more like a luxurypiece.

I rate her (pi/10)

EDIT, Since apparently rounding off pi to 3.14 was too much to ask from Integ, I'll just change my vote to a rounded 3.14/10)

Edited by Elieson

I rate her (pi/10)

Impossible, as I don't round votes off to any particular significant figures. So unless you can recite to me every single digit of pi ...

After babbying which isn't much work unlike with the trainees, Myrrh becomes one of your best units, at least in the final chapters. I think even base Myrrh does more damage than most to the Demon King, so there's that too.

Show me on the doll where Ephraim touched you. He's a sick, sick man. She's only 1200 years old!

Myrrh is alright. She's tough and doesn't require a whole lot of effort to use, and she has enough Dragonstone charges to be used non-sparingly. Of course she's complete deadweight once it breaks, but if you ration it I suppose it should last the game. And if you break it against the final boss, oh well, guess you used it to maximal efficiency then. She spends an awful lot of time sulking and not being in the party though.

Her supports kinda blow but she doesn't exactly need them, nor they her.

I'll give a 6/10, adjusted to 7/10 with bias for the various glitches that pass on extra dragonstones and monster weapons to her for funsies. I don't consider that a legit in-game thing to do for her, but it's hilarious and awesome in Creature Campaign.

Also why is her hair purple if her scales are gold? Wouldn't a gold-colored dragon be a blonde or something in a human form? I'm just curious.

Also why is her hair purple if her scales are gold? Wouldn't a gold-colored dragon be a blonde or something in a human form? I'm just curious.

I don't know, why is your hair X if your skin is Y?

I'm modestly sure the only time the two (hair/scales) vaguely matched up was with Ninian.

Impossible, as I don't round votes off to any particular significant figures. So unless you can recite to me every single digit of pi ...

That better?

Also, when did I earn Boyd-Badge?

Edited by Elieson

I don't know, why is your hair X if your skin is Y?

I'm modestly sure the only time the two (hair/scales) vaguely matched up was with Ninian.

Are you calling me dragon-racist?

Pros:

- Bonus damage against monsters

- Can fly

- Amazing growths

- Double attacking only costs one use of her stone

Cons:

- Being attacked from range costs one use of her stone

- Her dragonstone only has 50 uses and can't be repaired or replaced (without glitches)

- Poor bases, even with the boosts from her dragonstone

- Poor availability

- Mediocre movement

- No 2-range

Overall a very lopsided unit. I really don't like her because she only has a finite amount of attacks, and some of them have to be used just to train her. Her flying + monster effectiveness makes her useful in chapter 20, but other than that she never sticks out.

2/10, -1 bias because I really don't like using her.

I did a girls-only PT of FE8 once and forgot she existed until I was selecting Syrene for C18 haha

Myrrh doesn't really bring anything /new/ per se to the team, but she isn't useless, by any means either. While she is likely not to be in play in an efficient playthrough, taking casuals into account, I found that C18 was a pretty awesome place to train her since she's effective against EVERYTHING and there's several paths anyway. So if one chooses to use her, she's not totally useless as she does do a crapton of damage even at base, and since her base level is so low, killing a mook often nets her a full level so she's pretty easy to level. A trained Myrrh does a crapton of damage to DK and takes very little compared to your human units in return, so that's pretty nice to have.

But like, 6 move and all and joins in C16 and she's at best a 6 move flying combat unit so 4/10

Edit: changed my mind, doesn't deserve a 5

Edited by Luminescent Blade

She can easily become massively overpowered, but she's really not worth it in my mind, because of all the work you have to do when she first joins to make sure she doesn't die every five seconds.

Also, no 2 range? Really?

At least she can travel over all terrain. But she can't contribute to the broken rescuedrop combos that the four flyers can do.

And I just don't like her.

3/10

You might be right. I don't use Myrrh much, so I might've been thinking of FE11, or maybe Fa.

I know that is true in FESD.

Now that that's out of the way, 4/10. She's powerful, but hampered by awful bases (speed and HP in particular).

Myrrh is incredibly adorable~

Buuuuuut... That doesn't mean she'll contribute much since she's stuck trying to keep up with all of them mounted units. Poor thing...

8/10 because she wrecks stuff and it doesn't take much to level her up quickly anyway.

Too bad its limited to 30 uses.

It's 50 uses.

rtf site

Anyway pretty good at killing shit despite her bases sucking massively. 50 uses of the dragonstone isn't much, but 31 mt at base with a 90% strength growth is pretty badass. With it, she has 17 def/ 27 res at base, which is fancy, though her HP sucks until she grows. Once she gets going (hello 580 total growths), though, she's awesome. 4/10

myrrh's only bad things are late joining time and 50 uses for her weapon. she has AMAZING growth's and by the time she's level 10 she's a freaking truck 8.5/10 the plus 0.5 are for bias points because she is the god damn queen of badassery.

She levels like an unpromoted unit, and that Dragonstone takes forever to run out. She's free in drafts for a reason. Unfortunately, she's got no 2-range, and good luck having her rescue anything.

6/10