Fire Emblem Awakening Drama CD Volume 1

Releases on 24th April 2013. Costs 3000 Yen.

Information page

Features Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Emmeryn, Frederick, Lon'qu, Gaius, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Anna and others.

[spoiler=Description]

It's been a year since the game was released in Japan. We're proud to announce the Fire Emblem: Awakening Drama CD!

Days after Prince Chrom's wedding, a battle of love over Robin breaks out! What final words did Queen Emmeryn leave behind? Just when peace has seemingly returned to Ylisse, the shadows of the Risen spring anew...

The game's story, which recounts the fate and bonds that intertwine Chrom, Robin and their companions, will at last be told in Drama CD form!

(Contains spoilers!)

Contents:

1. The Prince's Wedding

2. Dark Clouds

3. Friends' Return

4. Girl Talk

5. Frederick's Omen, Anna's Conception

6. Top Secret Mission

7. The Performer's Sweetheart!?

8. The Exalt's Letter

9. Battle of Ylisse

10. What I want to tell my true self

Sorry for the Engrish; will improve later.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw crap, now Robin might get a canon pairing too that'll inevitably lead to lots of rage.

I doubt that.

They'll just pull whatever they do on OVA's and crap where the main character has more than one option:

1) Alternate versions for all the girls.

2) All of them.

3) None of them and just keep it as obscure as it was before the media.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--

Money... GONE.

Since it sounds like you will be getting it anyway, is there any chance you may be willing to transcribe/translate it for us poor fools who are bad with other languages Rey?

So does this mean Robin is canonically male

ed: and yeah this kind of sounds like it'll be a trainwreck

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Aw crap, now Robin might get a canon pairing too that'll inevitably lead to lots of rage.

Will definitely be raging if they do this unless it's Robin X Lucina.

In all seriousness, don't do this, Nintendo. They didn't do it in Persona 4 the Animation; don't do it here.

Edited by HijackThis

It does seem like a female one will be covered later. I'd say Volume 2 is probably going to be that.

Don't think they'll end up pairing Robin with anyone. Unlike FE4, they tried to make sure there's no "default" pairing (except Chrom, though it seems to me that some in this forum don't agree with even that), and avoids such especially for Robin.

All these side stuff actually makes me a little bit... let's say curious. If there are DLC and art book and figures and OST and official manga and now this (plus working with Atlus on that crossover), when are we ever going to see a proper FE14?

...Now to convince Nintendo of America to do an English version...

Good luck with that.

[/weebelitist]

xD

But no, seriously. Realistically, I don't think North America localizations of games don't do things like this all that often, if at all.

Japan has the benefit of the whole "voice actor goods, come go gaga for it and give us your money" factor.

Sorry to say, but despite how English voice actors ARE getting fame here, we aren't as gaga for them as Japan is for theirs.

Edited by shadowofchaos

...Why must this happen. Dude, it's Male!Robin, yes! So, I do believe Volume 2 is Female!Robin.

...Now to convince Nintendo of America to do an English version...

dunno I wouldn't pay $31 for this even if it came out here; maybe $5-10

I think that it's quite cool. :3 Not that I will be able to understand more than 5% of what they're saying though... but I hope that there will be a female version of Robin too! (Since I'll probably prefer that one over the male version)

Hope that someone with good japanese skills will be able to sub these!*cough*Rey*cough* ;)

Since it sounds like you will be getting it anyway, is there any chance you may be willing to transcribe/translate it for us poor fools who are bad with other languages Rey?

Hope that someone with good japanese skills will be able to sub these!*cough*Rey*cough* ;)

Subtle, guys. Totally subtle.

So is this "drama" like a Fire Emblem meets Friends?

I'm suddenly lost at the title

Think of it as a little side stories featuring fully voiced dialogue with the characters of your favorite show/tv series/game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_drama_in_Japan

Like these for Tales of Vesperia:

Edited by shadowofchaos

All these side stuff actually makes me a little bit... let's say curious. If there are DLC and art book and figures and OST and official manga and now this (plus working with Atlus on that crossover), when are we ever going to see a proper FE14?

We're still missing a proper manga and an anime : P

But anyway, I'm assuming IS isn't spending a lot of time on these excursions (for instance, Red Entertainment is mainly working on this drama CD), so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hopefully it gets a subbed when it comes out XD

make an anime already

We're still missing a proper manga and an anime : P

Seconded / Thirded?

With what Nintendo did with Kid Icarus, I'm actually surprised an anime hasn't already been produced with this batch of Fanservice that is Awakening. I suppose it would be too difficult what with the Avatar needing to be transparent and the multiple pairings of Chrom, but a gaiden like this Drama CD might be a good start - or some sort of prequel.

As long as Chrom's dignity is maintained! /pretending Lucina exists by stork