Best "Final" Classes

What I mean by final is, what are the best classes when you don't factor in abilities?

I'm looking at:

Weapon options

Max stats

Weaknesses

Movement

This is mostly for DLC/Spotpass shenanigans

I know Sorcerer is king, but what about for classes that attack defense? Staff-using classes?

My assumptions are Hero for best physical class (great balance of strength, speed and skill, access to axes, normal move and no weaknesses) Valkyrie for best staff class (tomes plus high move and good magic caps so you can abuse rescue staves)

What do you guys think? What are the best final classes?

Physical:

Paladin(Solid Pair Up Bonus, Mounts)

Hero(Solid stats and Pair Up Bonus)

Assassin(DAT PAIR UP BONUS and Speed + Skill)

Bride(Pair Up Bons and stats)

Mix:

Dark Flier(Pair Up Bonus and Stats)

Dread Fighter(almost exclusive rights to Tome Using class for a lot of males)

Magic:

Sage(Staff, weird ass Pair Up Bonus)

Valkyrie(pretty fast, Staff, solid Pair Up Bonus)

Hero is the best physical class(I might be a slight biased but they're pretty good), and Sage is the best magical class(sure Sorcs have dem OP tomes, but I won't bother with them. Plus they have horribad outfits, especially the males).

As for hybrids, Dread Fighter(if you have DLC) or Grandmaster(if you don't have DLC). War Monk/Cleric is actually pretty darn good too(the only class that could utilize Bolt Axe neatly).

Ok those are sweet. Now what if we ignore pair-up bonuses? Also I'm surprised you mentioned paladins, I thought their stats were mediocre and their mounted weakness hurt them

Also, slightly unrelated, what's the best final class for Sumia!Lucina and Chrom!Cynthia?

As someone on GFAQS puts it, the chance of finding Beastkiller in this game is comparable to finding Chimecho in Hoenn

Especially during postgame where it does not exist

In a sense, when you think Beast Weakness is a weak point for a class, IS manage to succesfully trap you in a noob trap

S!L C!C's best class is Dark Flier or Paladin, Lucy can try Bride or Great Lord(Bride are mostly better)

As someone on GFAQS puts it, the chance of finding Beastkiller in this game is comparable to finding Chimecho in Hoenn

Especially during postgame where it does not exist

In a sense, when you think Beast Weakness is a weak point for a class, IS manage to succesfully trap you in a noob trap

S!L C!C's best class is Dark Flier or Paladin, Lucy can try Bride or Great Lord(Bride are mostly better)

Do you even Lunatic Skirmish?

Beastkiller and Wyrmslayer are everywhere. Hammers are what don't exist.

They're not real threats (due to fairly low MT) but they're there.

I'm surprised Summoner hasn't been mentioned for magic classes, but then again, I only really know postgame in theory. Capswise, it's much better than Sage, and dark magic without a (very limited) skill is good. Or does the 2 speed they lose hurt them too much, or something?

I'm surprised Summoner hasn't been mentioned for magic classes, but then again, I only really know postgame in theory. Capswise, it's much better than Sage, and dark magic without a (very limited) skill is good. Or does the 2 speed they lose hurt them too much, or something?

Bold: That's only true defensively - Sages have better offensive caps.

Well, that's true, but the whole point of summoner is it can tank. Sages offensive leads are pretty small, and they seem quite fragile as well.

Again, though, I'm not speaking from experience. But I'd think defense is going to matter at least enough for 10 points to outweigh 2 magic and 2 speed.

Dark Knight for amazing stats, mobility and Sword+Tome if no access to dread fighter.

Falcon Knight for flying staves hit and save, Sage is better for pure healing and rescue though.

Bow Knight for movement pair up bonus, Sword+Bow like Assasin

General and Wyvern Lord so super high Defense.

Berserker for super high Strength.

Acrobat is great for all non-flying knights.

Paladin is good all rounder non-magical.

Do you even Lunatic Skirmish?

Beastkiller and Wyrmslayer are everywhere. Hammers are what don't exist.

They're not real threats (due to fairly low MT) but they're there.

Ok thanks for correcting

Because I never touched them besides the early skirmish >_>

Why the hell do Sorcerers have the second highest resistance cap in the game?

Aren't they supposed to be less resistant than classes like Falcon Knights, War Monks and Sages?

Why the hell do Sorcerers have the second highest resistance cap in the game?

Aren't they supposed to be less resistant than classes like Falcon Knights, War Monks and Sages?

I know right? I thought sorcerers were supposed have good defense, not good defense AND resistance?

For the few who have it, manakete is one of the best classes in the game with sky high defence and permanent 1-2 range. Dragonstone+ is a great weapon.

War clerics have good all-around stats and are my favourite healers, with falcokight close behind.

For magic users, every single one is good and it boils down to personal preference. Just use whatever is available. Dark flier is best for anyone who has enough hybrid offense, Sage has the highest magic, and sorcerer is just damn good.

For melee, paladin is your best bet for a mounted unit with well-rounded stats and higher-than-average resistance for a melee. Hero is the best unit on foot. If you have the Amatsu or Ragnell, swordmasters are also very good to have around but not so good if you can't get a 1-2 weapon.

I laughed at Demise's new avi, dat Indonesian

Anyways, Swordmasters might not as great as they used to be but they still got unique swords(Amatsu and Sol Katti), which makes them pretty special.

I still say Heroes is the best though, but personally I prefer Merc -> Hero than Fighter -> Hero because dem Armsthrift.

• 1 year later...

Depends:

If you want to specialize than:

Physical: Hero

Magic: Sorcerer

But for all around you have to go with a Dread fighter. Decent magic with high resistance and high atk and defense. Even better if you make the avatar's best stat Atk, Def, or Mag. As for the women, anything with galeforce is ok, but I would pick the assassin or swordmaster class bc of their high speed caps. The high speed caps, avoid caps, and skills make up for the fact that most females have lower physical attribute caps than the males.