Spear wielding Kid

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Soldier. A trainee isn't going to have better HP than a cavalier regardless of level, and is likely not going to see only 61% hit rate from a General with WTA against him in a game with a lower evade formula than the previous ones.

That screen is probably showing the two character's stats conjoined as if they were one unit. So Donnie's health and stats are conflated with Liz's, if the suspicion is correct.

That screen is probably showing the two character's stats conjoined as if they were one unit. So Donnie's health and stats are conflated with Liz's, if the suspicion is correct.

Characters don't share their HP stats when teaming up normally, so it would be quite odd for them to do it here. And normal teaming up doesn't seem like it would give a large enough bonus for a Tier 0 character to have HP that high, especially since Liz would be very unlikely to give much of an HP bonus.

Furthermore, Donny is listed at the bottom as having 38 HP, and other characters have HP stats in similar ranges. So if the 38 was a sum of his HP and Liz's, their HP stats must be sums as well. Liz's base HP is 17, but in order to be attacking, she must be in a different class, almost certainly one with better HP. If we assume she just promoted from base HP, she should have 21 HP minimum, as a Sage with the lower HP bonus of her promotions. The Pegasus Knight below Donny has 31 HP (both current and maximum), so if that's the HP she would have if she was teaming up with Liz, her max HP must be 10. It could be slightly higher if Liz stayed unpromoted and switched to an unpromoted attacking class with less of an HP bonus, but that's unlikely since she seems to actually be capable of hurting Frederick.

Other characters such as Vake have a custom map sprite(showing his spiky hair), so its possible Donny is just a soldier with a unique appearance.

^ My thoughts exactly.

It's the same for Miriel and Richt. They have edited Mage overworld sprites.

Edited by Leif

I still like their use of him having a pot for a helmet. If he is a Soldier, I think his branching will be Halberdier with either Paladin, General, or something new.

I wonder what he could switch into? Maybe a Cavalier?

P.S. I still think he's pedo bait. Haha.

I'm betting on Soldier --> Halberdier/Paladin, personally.

Say, what was Recruit II's alternate promotion? Recruit II/Super Recruit were basically Soldier/Halberdier, so I wouldn't be surprised if this follows the same path.

I never kept the Trainees as Trainees. I always promoted them. Ross went Fighter -> Hero most times, occassionally Pirate -> Berserker. Amelia was Cavalier -> Paladin or Knight -> General. Ewan I often had him be a Mage -> M. Knight, sometimes Sage. Rarely did I use him as a Shaman because his palette did not fit the image of a Shaman.

So if Donny ends up being a Trainee... at least give him a decent promotion. I hope he acts more like Aran than Nephenee because Nephenee was wayyyy overpowered.

I wouldn't mind Recruit classes. I liked the idea of them in FE8, but they just needed to be a whole lot better. I mean, Ewan is pretty much statistically inferior, or about the same, as Lute, but comes 8 chapters later and at a lower level. And then, the game wasn't very difficult either, which made them even less useful. Recruits, need to be in a more challenging game, and if well trained, statistically superior to your other units.

I would have thought if any character we've seen so far would have been a trainee it would have been Richt. Especially since Kroms Vigilante has both him and Miriel as Mages, when most games have 1 of each class except Fighters and Cavaliers as a part of the starting groups.

I would have thought if any character we've seen so far would have been a trainee it would have been Richt. Especially since Kroms Vigilante has both him and Miriel as Mages, when most games have 1 of each class except Fighters and Cavaliers as a part of the starting groups.

Hm, yeah. So since he's not, chances are, no other characters are, either.

I'm betting on Soldier --> Halberdier/Paladin, personally.

Say, what was Recruit II's alternate promotion? Recruit II/Super Recruit were basically Soldier/Halberdier, so I wouldn't be surprised if this follows the same path.

Recruit 2 in Sacred stones had the second option of Paladin.

Donny, however, I can kind of see having General as his alternate promotion.

So what does everyone Donny's promotions will be?

I'm holding onto the hope that Halberdier will be an option. With possibly an Armor Knight option.

If it's like the original Villager, he'll have a few options to choose from when he promotes. I'm gonna guess just three though, considering the promotions shown so far are all variations of three classes.

His bases looks atrociously bad from the scans :/

I hope he's an early-enough joiner that bad bases won't hurt him too much though. He actually looks like an interesting character, but if he's gonna be an ass to train, I ain't a masochist.

Edited by Luminescent Blade