The Lunatic Club

Shinori

I don't have much experience using Anna as more than an unlocker/backup staffer, but taking true hit into account, maybe getting Lucky Seven will open up some good options/strategies? At least before all the enemies start getting Hit +10 for free.

Edited by omega zero

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I play Awakening, the more I find that I wish I had used fewer units early on. I'm on Chapter 24, and my only usable pairs are:

Chrom(Lord->Great Lord->Paladin once I grab a Second Seal)

Lucina (Lord->Great Lord->Paladin)

Hannibal(Tactician->Mercenary->Hero->Dark Knight)

Severa(Mercenary->Bow Knight)

Morgan(Pegasus Knight->Dark Flier->Grandmaster)

Cordelia(Pegasus Knight->Mercenary->Hero)

Laurent(Mage->Dark Mage->Sorcerer)

Miriel(Mage->Troubadour->Valkyrie)

Lunatic in the final arc is absolutely ridiculous. These are the pairs that I can USE, much less those that don't present a liability. Still, it's not that bad with these four pairs.

Str- 18

Mag-4

Skill-22

Spd-19

Lck-12

Def-15

Res-7

Severa stats.

That's not totally unsalvageable. If you have Brady's paralogue she'll do really well there. If you're willing to use spotpass shops, Eirika's blade + tonics will greatly help her offense.

You said you were at C20? Assuming Cordelia's a dark flier/Falco and you paired them up, she can quad the warriors and sages there with Eirikia's blade for respectable damage. She's going to relying on Dual strikes for KOs, however. It'll also be really hard for her to keep up in C21, though. The fastest enemy types in the game populate that chapter. She's really going to need Brady's Paralogue.

Even if you don't train Severa in Brady's paralogue, I would imagine that any C20 team can handle Brady's paralogue anyway so do it for free experience.

I don't have much experience using Anna as more than an unlocker/backup staffer, but taking true hit into account, maybe getting Lucky Seven will open up some good options/strategies? At least before all the enemies start getting Hit +10 for free.

Anna could probably staff spam to level 5 for Lucky Seven. Given her prepromo status, don't expect her to get much stronger. I didn't use her much. Mainly as a +1 Mov support for Olivia. Irysa had really great success with her though.

The more I play Awakening, the more I find that I wish I had used fewer units early on. I'm on Chapter 24, and my only usable pairs are:

Chrom(Lord->Great Lord->Paladin once I grab a Second Seal)

Lucina (Lord->Great Lord->Paladin)

Hannibal(Tactician->Mercenary->Hero->Dark Knight)

Severa(Mercenary->Bow Knight)

Morgan(Pegasus Knight->Dark Flier->Grandmaster)

Cordelia(Pegasus Knight->Mercenary->Hero)

Laurent(Mage->Dark Mage->Sorcerer)

Miriel(Mage->Troubadour->Valkyrie)

Lunatic in the final arc is absolutely ridiculous. These are the pairs that I can USE, much less those that don't present a liability. Still, it's not that bad with these four pairs.

4 pairs is probably the magic number. If you really need some extra help, Flavia and Basilio have really good combat. If you're able to get Tiki, slapping a +Spd support on her (Say'ri or Lucina, who she conveniently supports) will also do you a lot of good.

C24 can go die in a fire. C25 and Final are easy 1 turn clears so you just have to make it through this one chapter.

Phew. I finally made it through Lunatic (Grima was so easy to ORKO ...) and now I started on Lunatic+. And this is much harder than I thought, really. Actually I'm stuck in the Prologue, but I guess I just need some luck with the enemy's skill there.

Anyway, can someone tell me what skills the boss could have, or are they set? (Last time he got a one-hit on MU with a krit. Sooooo annoying!)

You can negate the prologue boss crit by fighting him with Avatar at 2 range whilst they're paired up and bordered on both sides by your remaining units. This provides a crit -10 support bonus (since each unit counts for one level) which will negate the boss's crit.

Anna could probably staff spam to level 5 for Lucky Seven. Given her prepromo status, don't expect her to get much stronger. I didn't use her much. Mainly as a +1 Mov support for Olivia. Irysa had really great success with her though.

WRT Anna on Lunatic, her durability is pretty bad but she has enough HP to avoid getting OHKO'd for a decent chunk of the game, and doubles a huge amount of enemies at 2 range for non insigificant damage with a Levin Sword. I think she's an effective glass cannon, and her Turn 1 PP combat is actually pretty helpful since that's usually when you're trying to secure high priority immediate kills. Plus her durability means she can work as a lure to pull an enemy away from someone who'd otherwise be doing a big enemy phase massacring units, where she's more likely to leave the enemy unit severely damaged rather than outright dead, which can help with feeding kills to someone else you're trying to raise.

I think her combat utility heavily depends on how good your tanks are though, there's not much incentive to use her unless your strategy is more PP biased, which it's unlikely to be if your tanks are capable of cutting a swathe through enemy waves.

Edited by Irysa

Now that I look at it, base Anna has 28 Atk hitting res with the levin sword. That's pretty wtf, considering that enemy res ranges from 1 to like, 9 for quite a while. 22 speed is enough to double almost everything without any boosts until C17 or so when things are promoted. Even when she stops doubleing, 28 atk hitting res is still great chip. You raise a good point.

You can negate the prologue boss crit by fighting him with Avatar at 2 range whilst they're paired up and bordered on both sides by your remaining units. This provides a crit -10 support bonus (since each unit counts for one level) which will negate the boss's crit.

I know, but I can't let Chrom come near to MU, because of the pairings I plan. (I try to make him marry the maiden.)

I really just need to know, what skills the boss can get(if they change) or if they can't change.

All Lunatic+ enemies prior to C3 will can spawn with two of Vantage+, Pass, Luna+ and Hawkeye. The Prologue boss will always have Gamble, in addition to the Lunatic+ skills. It's worth noting that even if Fred is using the Silver Lance, if the boss doesn't have Luna+ and Fred has full health, Fred won't die to a crit. This can let him soften the boss up so Robin can finish him off.

One thing I have to wonder, though: why are you going for Maiden on a Lunatic+ run?

Ahh, thank you. That give's me a real chance to get him down with MU. (I tryed it over 10 times and he always had Luna+ and Hawkeye. That's why I was wondering if this is set.)

That has two reasons: First, I planned some pairings for gettting child units, that will have the skills I want them to have. Chrom hasn't any stats or skills that fit in my plan. And secondary, I reaaaaally hate him and I will not use him or his family more than I need to do. (Lucina will die Ingame, that's for sure.)

I would highly recommend against your plan. Grima has 50 Defense and Resistance, along with a skill called Dragonskin that reduces damage taken by half. On Lunatic+ I'm pretty sure Grima has Pavise+ as well which reduces physical damage taken by half on top of Dragonskin. Chrom and Lucina's Falchions are the only weapons that can get notable damage without crits.

Basically, use at least one of Chrom or Lucina.

Yes, I know about the Falchions strength against Grima. But I also know that there are many ways to get him down, even if they aren't that easy. I'm sure that I can manage to beat him without Chrom or Lucina, and even if not, there still will be Chrom, who can't die - so if I really don't get it without him, some li'l grinding will make him usable.

I actually hope Grima will be less weak in Lunatic+. He couldn't even kill my last Avatar on Lunatic with two critical hits. With Chrom I was able to ORKO him and without the Falchions it was like "hitting him, until I land a critical". (Yup. I took just MU with Partner and ignored all of the weaker enemys. They suicided every enemy phase, without landing one single hit. Booooring!)

Grima himself isn't much harder. He's got a whopping 20% higher chance of Pavise and that's it. You'll probably want to kill him on the first turn you engage him on (EP works pretty much as well as PP), as all the mooks can and will spawn with plenty of Counter and Luna+ and their innately high Hit means it's very likely to consistently get whittled down.

Congratulations! I did my 1 turn clear with Galeforce. Chrom/Sumia and Cynthia/Lucina mauled Grima. I'm actually not sure how other 1 turn clears are done.

Congratulations! I did my 1 turn clear with Galeforce. Chrom/Sumia and Cynthia/Lucina mauled Grima. I'm actually not sure how other 1 turn clears are done.

Ok yeah I just looked it up. Also, I agree with what you said about C24 and 25. Grima would be about 10x easier if not for Rightful God. And looking back, I think I know what I can do differently for my next Lunatic run, which probably won't be for a while. Gonna relax with some Hard Mode for a little bit...

Ok, some ranged enemies are fast enough to 1-round Tiki so the AI will move around to get the kill. The crowd of enemies ends up blocking the roaming units, so they can't intercept. If only I had Pass. I can easily do it by moving Tiki up and surrounding her with 5 pairs, but then the EXP would be a lot more spread out. I'm just gonna move onto the next story chapter and clear this later.

Edited by omega zero

I'm starting my ran of Lunatic today; I have actually attempted this before, but on easy mode and somehow still managed to get stuck. I'm going to try to finish it this time.

I used rescue and dance in lieu of Galeforce, though in my L run I also had 4 capable battle pairs anyway so one of them can punch a hole somewhere.

And then I figured out I could just make it a 2 turn without bothering so much with rescue since nobody actually attacks me while I walk up turn 1 so I've been doing that since.

Edited by Thor Odinson