O-sawa Mitsuki FE4 manga translation thread

Tomoyo

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Thanks Tomoyo C:

Don't forget that I'll be chopped after reading this, so hurry up to the next chapter Owo I hope it soon :D

*she goes to read...*

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize everyone! But, my laptop broke and I have to send it in to get it repaired. I was almost done with the next chapter, but now I won't be able to work on it for the next 2-3 weeks. It will probably be released 3-4 weeks from now. Please check back at that time. :(:

Edited by Tomoyo

• 2 weeks later...

Aww... Tomoyo, I'm really sorry

well, but as Ice Sage says... it's ok, we're grateful with your work!

and don't worry, at least for my part, I'll wait :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch for your hard work! Is there any chance that someone could upload the rest of the raw scans? That would be awesome.

I scan the books as whole volumes for translation as they are needed. Also, the scans are rough (not cropped or rotated, reduced in size, or compressed) and thus are too large to post (I think the volume 7 was around 2gig.... and starting with Vol 7 the books are half the size of the first 6, some of those were almost 4 gig in size). The pages have to be scanned in a t high resolution (scanned in at 300DPI grayscale or color depending on the page)so that the editing can be clean and the images crisp when the pages are cleaned and leveled. Then they are reduced in size and the translation placed on them. The colored pages are 25MB each before being edited and the grayscale around 8MB.

So sorry, but I will not be posting the raws for the manga at this time. I don't have the room to store files of that size on-line and I don't have the time to rotate, crop/level and compress them.

Hopefully Tomoyo will be able to continue releasing them soon. Recovering after a computer failure can take time, so please be patient.

• 2 months later...

Apologies about the delay. Chapter 37 should be up soon. It is in proof reading now.

Yes, it took longer to fix my laptop because they had sent me an email asking for my permission to delete all the data on my hard drive and I didn't see the email initially. So the laptop was just sitting there in their repair facilities for a couple of weeks before I called them. Then after that, it took them another 3 weeks to fix it and ship it. So I was without my laptop for 2 months, but that is partly my fault.

I had lost some of my scripts and scans for the FE manga when my laptop was fixed, so I had to read through what I scanlated already to make a list of all the character, weapon, and location names again so they would all have the correct and consistent spelling. I usually have this huge list of this on hand when I translate. And also real life duties took a lot of my time in August and September.

I hope to have more time to able to translate it during the coming holiday months.

Apologies about the delay. Chapter 37 should be up soon. It is in proof reading now.

Yes, it took longer to fix my laptop because they had sent me an email asking for my permission to delete all the data on my hard drive and I didn't see the email initially. So the laptop was just sitting there in their repair facilities for a couple of weeks before I called them. Then after that, it took them another 3 weeks to fix it and ship it. So I was without my laptop for 2 months, but that is partly my fault.

I had lost some of my scripts and scans for the FE manga when my laptop was fixed, so I had to read through what I scanlated already to make a list of all the character, weapon, and location names again so they would all have the correct and consistent spelling. I usually have this huge list of this on hand when I translate. And also real life duties took a lot of my time in August and September.

I hope to have more time to able to translate it during the coming holiday months.

Tomoyo, thanks so much! (And sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having.)

Thanks also for replying to my PM and not taking it the wrong way, that I wasn't trying to bug or rush you in any way; just a friendly reminder that there are still people out here.

Always grateful for your hard work!

I've added a link to chapter 37 in the opening post. I also had my friend upload it to mangafox, so it should be up there shortly.

Awesome, thank you! Just read it (looks like Fury and Levin are finally together; can't wait for Claude and Sylvia!)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...