Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Have you got any experience using the Paladin class? The skills seem inferior to what Great Knight offers but E axes aren't something you could work around very easily and I hear their growths are poor too. Maybe the optimal path for your Cavalry units is to get wings?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got any experience using the Paladin class? The skills seem inferior to what Great Knight offers but E axes aren't something you could work around very easily and I hear their growths are poor too. Maybe the optimal path for your Cavalry units is to get wings?

Haven't tried it yet, but I plan on it next time I use Sol or Soiree. I did make Frederick a Dragonmaster on my HM run, though.

That's interesting to hear, may I ask for how long he remained useful?

I'm still using him as of Ch17, the last chapter I completed, although he doesn't stand out much now.

Change Seal to unpromoted class: Add current levels to cumulative levels and then divide cumulative levels by 2

Change Seal to promoted class: Add current levels to cumulative levels, divide cumulative levels by 2, and add 20

Master Seal to promoted class: Erase all cumulative levels and add 20

Does Master Seal really erase ALL cumulative levels, or only the ones since your last class change?

How do the DLC chapters work? Do you use Krom's forces or just Krom? How many units can you use?

Kroms Forces. The number depends on the DLC(more in the larger chapters, less in the smaller ones). For example in Marth and Roy's spirit talisman ones it's 7 units including Krom.

So you can tap a character's portrait in their stat screen to see their battle model in their current class, along with the class name and base stats - like with the class roll. No romaji, though, so we can't use it for help with Demon Fighter. This explains where the scene of Tiki with decreased Manakete base stats came from, though: the class roll shows Manakete and Taguels transformed with a regular Dragonstone or Beaststone, but if you see the class profile this way, it only shows their transformed stats if they actually have a stone equipped: if not, it shows their untransformed stats, Oddly enough, equipping a True Dragonstone still just makes it show regular Dragonstone modified stats, and I assume the same goes for an Ultra Beaststone.

so do you got any tips for what the menu options mean so im not fumbling arround for a while on this game? like the important stuff so i dont fuck up and have to restart the chapter? lol

Order of the options I remember:

Attack

Staff

Item

Trade

Convoy (next to Krom only)

Double (move into Double with an adjacent ally)

Give/Take (one option - takes a Double character from an adjacent ally, gives a Double character to an adjacent ally, or switches them)

Backup (uses all Cry skills the character possesses)

Switch (Double only, swaps the other character to the front)

Drop (Double only, like with Rescue)

Wait

So just figure out which ones would show up and work from there.

Trade, Convoy, and Give/Take can each be used once per turn, but you can do other stuff afterward. Switch can be used unlimited times as part of one action, so you can use it both before and after a Give/Take action if you so choose. Item can, like otherwise, be used unlimited times if equipping items but ends your turn if you use an item.

You should be able to get the hang of it in the first few maps, where there isn't much tension if you're on Normal, so you should be fine.

Does Master Seal really erase ALL cumulative levels, or only the ones since your last class change?

I think it's all, but I can't be certain.

What I can say is that the game doesn't seem interested in screwing you permanently, even with too many level gains making it difficult to get more levels in other classes.

If there's one thing about the game you could change, what would it be? (nothing plot related, obviously)

I would give the character models proper feet, at least all increased to the size of the feet in Valhart's model. They're still tiny by real-world standards, but they're the largest in the game, and at least they look like feet.

Oh right, does Canto return in any form?

No.

okay I like the increased variety with weapon appearances but why the hell does the Aerial Axe look like a swastika

Triple post but whatever. No one objected to this as a project thread, so I'll assume it's fine.

Looking back at this: Chambray as a 10 Taguel --> 10 Barbarian --> 1 Berserker gained 30 Exp from killing some LV5 promoted enemies. This indicates he's being counted as a LV25-27 character, which fits if the 5 cumulative levels from being a Taguel were retained, to have a total of 25 cumulative levels and be counted as a LV26 character. So it looks like you're right: it just keeps your unpromoted levels from being added to the total cumulative levels; it does not erase past cumulative levels. Not sure about the implications of this.

Been making more progress on HM. Just finished S17 (Tiki's chapter), and it was easier than on NM with nothing much changed in strategy. I guess I've been training my team better or something. One thing I noticed is that because the enemies try to get as close to Tiki as they can before worrying about attacking, they tend to not worry about their ranged attacks unless they're bring blocked off. This made things easier, and I'm not sure I even remember noticing it on NM.

Afterwards, unlocked S15 (Noire's chapter). The enemies themselves don't look too much tougher than others I've been fighting, but their weapons are all forged Silvers, with occasional forged Spears and Tomahawks. Which is only one step up from the regular versions of those weapons that have been dominating recent chapters, but regardless, this is going to be interesting.

If I use Rainbow Cry twice in one turn, will that mean +8 in every stat?

No. Cries do not stack with themselves, but Rainbow Cry can stack with redundant effects from other Cries.

Are Armor Knights/Generals actually useful? To it looks they're just plain outclassed by Great Knights.

Great Knights seem to have growth issues. That and Generals actually do beat them in a lot of stats. And on the harder difficulties, Defense Cry is almost certainly better than everything Great Knights get skill-wise. Although who needs that when you have Rainbow Cry available?

No. Cries do not stack with themselves, but Rainbow Cry can stack with redundant effects from other Cries.
really? damn

looks like paperblade and i can't break FE13 that hard anymore

Pair MU with Falcon Knight Sumia, then promote Mark and Cynthia to Dark Pegasus and level them both up to LV5 and you get two fliers each with Speed Cry, Rainbow Cry, and Movement Cry. So you can pretty much constantly give your entire team +8 Spd, +1 Move, and +4 everything else. Not broken enough?

I mean, I guess it's nothing compared to triple Rainbow Cry and then have Serge fly Krom through everything. But that seems like a rather obvious strategy to avoid.

Edited by Othin

I had dreams of giving my team of Dark Pegasi +4 Move, +16 to all stats, and then an additional +16 Mag/Spd/Def so that they can fly to the ends of the earth and slaughter everything with Lightning Speed and Life Absorb.

and now those dreams are shattered

How did you recruit the other FE1 characters? I downloaded the Marth content but I can only figure out how to get Linde in addition to Marth...

They should show up eventually, at a rate of one per day.

They should show up eventually, at a rate of one per day.

Yeah, I've gotten FE1 characters in different orders on my game:

- Gharnef -> Minerva -> Tiki -> Prince Marth -> Nina

That's it for now though.

Can you steal in this game? Or are thieves mainly there for chests/doors ala FE11/12?

No they can't steal they can only open chests and doors.

But I find them very useful as combat units with good speed/skill and pretty decent str but crappy def/res and luck

for example my 20/9 (thief-->Assassin ) Gaia has

50 hp

31 str

38 skill

37 speed

15 luck

14 def

6 res

so in my experience they are glass cannons but still useful for something other than chests and doors