Psych

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

HEY SUPER IMPORTANT MAFIA-RELATED SURVEY:

What is your favorite role(s) and why?

What is your least favorite role(s) and why?

I'm super curious I want to know

Favorite? Totally Vig ( it's empowering to have a kill that you are in charge of entirely)

Not Favorite? Vanilla/Doc. Both are essentially useless (to me) because I never know who is gonna be nightkilled.

Favourite: JoaT

Being empowered with all sorts of roles is cool. Its alright if they're one shots but I like being versatile.

Second would be vigilante, for reasons Eli stated.

Least Favourite: Doc

Not only do I have to be extra careful and quiet, I can't predict mafia movements either. In fact, being a martyr is better because at least it doesn't have to be kills.

Something fun and unexpected: Bus Driver, Serial Killer, Poisoner- fun roles to play with , I think.

Favorite: Vanilla

Do what I want 'cause the only thing the town loses is a voice.

Least Favorite: Serial Killer

I don't like being anti-town in general, and trying to "balance" the game with myself is silly, IMO.

Favorite is cult

I don't actually know why but I love it

I like third parties in general because they offer more room for creativity

Tactically omitting least favorite because I don't want to be host meta'd for CMV (and I'm pretty sure most people know I love cult)

(also anything hidden is obviously super terrible, even a hidden cult would suck)

Edited by Strider

Cult/Mason because they're overpowered

But srsly, I like "growing" roles like this.

Roles the hide information from the player and the player can't be expected to figure it out, RNG roles.

Mostly I think these roles are badly designed and aren't fun for anyone. Oftentimes for RNG roles they can be randomly game changing and lead to accusation of host favoritism.

- Mason (the sort that doesn't recruit) or neighborizer and networker because OC in the context of NOC is more fun than actual OC.

- Vig for obvious reasons, bonus points if it can kill during both day and night.

- Jailkeeper and Tracker, not to play as but they're generally cool alternatives to standard cop/doc. JK9 is my favorite open set-up.

- Cop in small NOC games because it's overpowered bullshit which discourages playing the game. In OC / larges it's fine though. Also miller / godfather / tailor etc makes it alright usually.

- Bulletproof because it's basically a luck-based role revolving around who the RNG rolls it to (a 1-shot self-protect would be better since then some prediction is involved in stopping the kill), though it's acceptable in games with multiple killing factions.

- Survivor because it's boring and basically a scum traitor who doesn't have to win with scum.

- I actually dislike traitors in general because communication is the best part of playing scum.

- Hiddens in general.

- Any ITP except Cult from the PoV of the person playing the role, because playing scum is dull aside from having buddies and ITP is scum without the buddies. If somebody else has it then it's fine unless it's survivor.

Edited by Prims

I'm super curious I want to know

I know I've only really played in two actual games here, but I think I do know enough about roles.

1) Any kind of power role, to be completely honest. I guess I like doing SOMETHING during the night phase rather than just sitting around waiting for it to be over. I'd say I liked being vig, but ... I was fretting over accidentally shooting a townie during Xenoblade and idled until the last cycle so that's probably not it. Being bulletproof is also awesome, because if mafia targets you then you get to live and no one dies overnight.

2) Vanilla. Sucks not doing anything and not having benefits (like bulletproof) either.

I have yet to play a rolepower I consider fun to play but being Ether in SFMM2 was pretty enjoyable.

Basically all active roles and probably a good deal of passive ones. Either too much responsibility or too little.

Tailor, get on my level. I like thinking up fakes and stuff and messing with cops that way is so much fun 8) Although that said perma-tailor is stupid and should never be considered in a game

Vanilla is also good, because I can be as aggressive as I want and generally not really care. Being a lesser casualty is always good, because if one can draw the NK to them by being pro-town it keeps the PR's alive longer

Do I even have one? Not really.

When I'm scum, strongman, because it's so satisfying to shatter the poor town's hopes and dreams. Second favorite as scum is driver, for those reasons as well.

When I'm town, I like to play inspector, as it gives me information that's not based on reads.

I actually hate town-sided safeguard, since it potential sets scum up for a guaranteed kill for little to no benefit aside from maybe an extra inspection.

Nothing else immediately comes to mind.

Turn Ons: Cop, Vig, Cult Leader, stuff like the Dancer from SS or the Question Asker from CP. Unique roles like that or ones that have a bit more weight than others. Long walks on the beach and good books.

Turn Offs: Serial Killer, Survivor, Doctor, Roleblocker, Vanilla, someone not emotionally invested, Prims

Turn Ons: Cop, Vig, Cult Leader, stuff like the Dancer from SS or the Question Asker from CP. Unique roles like that or ones that have a bit more weight than others. Long walks on the beach and good books.

Turn Offs: Serial Killer, Survivor, Doctor, Roleblocker, Vanilla, someone not emotionally invested, Prims

psych u should join trainwreck when it happens

there was a chatlog here but i removed it on (anonymous) request.

instead let us a talk about cult balance because that's actually kinda interesting??

everybody seems to love cult and recruiting masons but you never really see them in games here. i know theatre had the mentor but that's more like a second scum faction due to the kill. has sf even ever had a balanced cult or masons game?

Edited by Prims