(Serenes Forest Mafia) General Discussion

Psych

You have to realize though, that part of why third parties are added is BECAUSE they're unpredictable. Predictable isn't always good. And yeah, not all third parties are SKs, but generally when third parties win only at the expense of everyone else, (they can't joint), the game isn't balanced around them winning.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it's a totally custom third party, you can usually estimate how good the chances of winning are. A cult might have as good a chance of winning as town or mafia, while an sk will almost ever have a very good chance at all. Even with all his many buffs in CMV I went into the game knowing that Hunter had a much worse shot at victory than either the Uprising or Band. You'd have to make a seriously powerful SK to give it an even chance at victory at all. Sure, games with third parties tend to have a lot more possible variations to how things turn out than those without them, but some people find that to be fun to balance or fun to play. Simplicity does not always make for better things.

tbh I don't think it's that hard to make an SK with a good chance of winning

Kay/Proto from SFMM2 had a very real chance of winning and I don't think the role was ridiculous

It's just most people are scared of giving one role like 3 abilities because omg so OP but making what is basically a BP Vigilante and pitting it against 15 other players is in no way balanced

Edited by Paperblade

For the town, maybe, certainly not the SK.

I think if you look at Bizzaro, that was okay for the SK. Ending the game maybe when they kill a certain amount of people or something instead of at the end of the game could really help them.

• 1 month later...

Sigh. Probably not a good idea to clog up the HQ. Hey everyone, I'm Paulina. Just a new member who's stumbled upon this little game you got here. I was having a conversation with some peeps in Mafia HQ, including Helios and Elieson. Of course right after I finished a big response, I see a post from Kaoz asking us to stop spamming the thread. ^^" Feeling like a bonehead atm.

Anyway Helios, just to be safe,

I have ESPN actually. Tee hee.

You know what I was referencing, right? =x Maybe you haven't seen Mean Girls. It's just a funny line from a movie; I'm not that much of an airhead, I swear.

Anyway Helios, just to be safe,

You know what I was referencing, right? =x Maybe you haven't seen Mean Girls. It's just a funny line from a movie; I'm not that much of an airhead, I swear.

Ahh you mean

I don't remember too many quotations from Mean Girls anymore, but it was literally a reflex to tease you on it. I meant no harm I swear! Also, whenever I think of Mean Girls I think of "On October 3rd, he asked me what the date was".

Ahh you mean

I don't remember too many quotations from Mean Girls anymore, but it was literally a reflex to tease you on it. I meant no harm I swear! Also, whenever I think of Mean Girls I think of "On October 3rd, he asked me what the date was".

Haha, I know right. ^^ That movie has so many quotable lines. At the risk of sounding like a valley girl, it's kinda my all-time favorite.

Still prefers Odie.

Going to send you a PM Elieson. Helios explained that this thread should stay more or less Mafia-related.

Edited by Paulina

Srsly since Schoolteacher's almost over whoever hosts the next game, pls auto-sign me up. I literally missed Pokemon Mafia JUST because I didn't feel like going on SF that particular day. >_>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blah, I didn't notice I was at L-1. I'm the 1-shot Vig. I haven't used my shot yet.

Leaving BBM has the sole survivor and the winner of Mystery Mafia! He was:

Dear BigBangMeteor,

You are Travis, the Knowledgeable.

You have always had a thirst for knowledge all throughout your life. You would spend all your time trying to absorb as much information as possible from as many sources as possible. You have done dubious things in order to collect this information, which has included killing people that did not cooperate with you. You kept all this knowledge to yourself and tried to stamp out all other sources in order to deny knowledge to the common folk. Knowledge is power, after all.

You learnt of the oncoming danger that would be henceforth known as the Runic War. You used your knowledge to sneak away into the back alleys of Celestia and hid away in a well-placed hidden trapdoor leading into a basement like area. You knew that the libraries would burn and the knowledge contained within them would be lost. You cackled in glee knowing this. Time passed and you figured that the war would have probably ended by then and so, you left the basement and wandered around the burning city, eventually finding the survivors.

During the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X – Whisper USER their darkest secrets. This will make USER fly into an unstoppable rage, which will eventually kill them. However, if USER does not die from this, they will become a mere shell of the person they once were. They will defect from their faction and serve you instead. They will also lose all their special abilities.

This kill cannot be roleblocked.

You are aligned with The Secretive. You win when all threats are eliminated or nothing can stop the same from happening.

get at me

In all honesty BBM, I suspected you as an SK after your claim because certain circumstances pointed the arrow to you, and this was before I was subbed in. And by the time I WAS subbed in, I pretty much knew you were SK but the setup at that point made it so that I didn't exactly want to shout everything I knew out in the open and town was likely doomed anyway.

Also, Cam claimed vigilante as SK and was counterclaimed.

tl;dr

Don't claim vig as SK unless you know there is no vig and haven't done something to fuck yourself over by claiming vig.

Well, that's fakeclaiming advice in general- don't fakeclaim something unless you're sure it's not in the game (or it's MYLO/LYLO and you're confident you can win a 1v1).

OH LOL for some reason I thought you meant another game. I'm sorry I have brought shame upon this mafia community