One-Shot Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

SB.

What's so suspicious about his reaction? You mentioned that he cares too much about RVS votes, but why would scum care more about RVS votes than townies?

Why are you voting for someone who has basically done nothing? That's not particularly productive...

I'm prodding him so I can get a feel for why he's doing nothing. As I said before, it's hard to tell in this setting if he's doing nothing because he's simply not here or if he's just lurking (I suppose that's quite pointless too because he can simply lie about it). How dare you report on my productivity levels!

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Shinori over, say, Baldrick, who hasn't even posted yet?

@Poly- So again, what would have been an acceptable response for him to make? "Sorry I overreacted a little bit"? It just seems fundamentally contradictory, no matter how you word it, since your initial reason for suspicion was his overreaction.

@Poly- So again, what would have been an acceptable response for him to make? "Sorry I overreacted a little bit"? It just seems fundamentally contradictory, no matter how you word it, since your initial reason for suspicion was his overreaction.

If he acknowledged it as legit overreaction instead of just writing it off as a joke and thinking we'd forget about it, then I probably would've let it pass. But he took a poor way out, which made me even more suspicious of him.

His justification of it was what made me want to vote him. I feel like something's up, but I'm not sure what.

That's a gut read. It looks less bad on you if you just state it is such rather than attempt to justify it with less than perfect reasoning.

@Refa- well, the idea is that scum are more afraid of being voted than town, and are therefore more likely to care about votes than town are, even if they are RVS.

Considering past games where I was scum and didn't really care how many votes I had on me during RVS phase, I'm not really getting the logic here.

Poor wording and overreactions are two different things altogether.

If he acknowledged it as legit overreaction instead of just writing it off as a joke and thinking we'd forget about it, then I probably would've let it pass. But he took a poor way out, which made me even more suspicious of him.

I don't like this logic, because you're essentially finding him scummy for not acting a specific way rather than because his actions were scummy.

I'm prodding him so I can get a feel for why he's doing nothing. As I said before, it's hard to tell in this setting if he's doing nothing because he's simply not here or if he's just lurking (I suppose that's quite pointless too because he can simply lie about it). How dare you report on my productivity levels!

Two things:

1. If you want to up your game to semi-stalker, you can check when someone has last logged on - if they keep it private, oh well.

2. This is Shinori, so him forgetting that this game existed. . .is right up his alley.

I'm getting horribly mixed reads from the last sentence, so my vote stays.

And now for the rest of you. . .

Not really sold on the BBM/Poly scuffle, and I'm not too keen on Refa's explanation (not everyone who's scum will act the same way as you).

What do you think of the people who are actually doing things, though? Focusing only on afks/lurkers is scummy because they're safe targets. There's stuff happening now, what do you think about it?

@Refa sometimes scum DO worry about number of votes on them in RVS though, it depends on the situation. I think BBM's logic was okay in that regard. Not really feeling scum intent from Objection though, I think that Poly is bullshitting now that he's been called out on his one post. But shrug.

Ah, thanks for the input guys. Why beat a dead/drugged horse when there are plenty of other lively ones for me to flog, right?

@Marshmallow: Shinori over Baldrick because Shinori just voted and dipped, Baldrick has done absolutely nothing so I am assuming he hasn't been on yet.

meh I just don't like Poly's explanation. My vote sticks here for now.

Refa, what are your opinions about Poly? Not really getting what you meant in your comment on my post earlier. Also, if you don't think that it's possible that members of the mafia might react differently than town in RVS, why do you even RVS vote?

Trollstool- What's the point of acknowledging that you should talk about people that are posting if you're not actually going to do it?

Not liking Eclipse's justification for keeping her vote on Trollstool. Trollstool seems to have enough of an understanding of mafia that the "how dare you report on my productivity levels" looks to me to be pretty obviously a joke. Feels like an easy reason for a votepark. As far as I can tell, she hasn't commented on anything wrt Poly either, other than to say that she's "not sold on it". Why not? What flaws or issues do you see with my vote?

Two things:

1. If you want to up your game to semi-stalker, you can check when someone has last logged on - if they keep it private, oh well.

2. This is Shinori, so him forgetting that this game existed. . .is right up his alley.

I'm getting horribly mixed reads from the last sentence, so my vote stays.

No honestly I've been around but most of pages 1 and 2 had nothing I felt that I wanted to respond to. That being said Objections statement about two votes on him seemed off. -Still need to read page 4. Herp.

One thing to note, I don't fully agree with the poly votes. Whereas some of what poly is saying is weird I think his reasoning for voting objection is fine and I honestly didn't like Objections reaction early on(Believe I commented on this) which he then followed up saying it was a joke which I don't believe.

In a league game, I'll be back later.

I don't really care about what Objection said, but I certainly don't like Poly's justifications.
Also I don't understand how he could have a "full-out read" on anyone this early.

One thing to note, I don't fully agree with the poly votes. Whereas some of what poly is saying is weird I think his reasoning for voting objection is fine and I honestly didn't like Objections reaction early on(Believe I commented on this) which he then followed up saying it was a joke which I don't believe.

I was under the impression that most of early RVS is jokes and non-reasons anyways; am I wrong? It looked like a joke to me.
Actually that question may as well be directed at everyone, since we seem to be discussing jokes/obvious jokes/whatnot.

Whatever. I guess I just assume more things are jokes (in everything, not just mafia).

Also, why no response to Bizz?

I'm annoyed at me missing like 10 posts and so saying something that made no sense.

I strive for clarity, and I hate not making sense, even if I was just trying to make a joke.

I can't really say anything else, can I?

Oh wait I can, I guess.

That is how I act all the time; if you guys spent time hanging out with me in the IP Chat or on Skype or something, I think you'd see that I correct myself all the time about the littlest things. Since none of you do I thought there wasn't much point in bringing it up.

Euklyd seems a bit too agitated? Dunno. Bizz's vote is sort of hard to really respond to.

@Eclipse- you can make jokes after RVS. And even if he was[/i being serious, which I doubt, whenever a new player makes that sort of OMGUS statement, they're more likely town, because they have the misconception that people who vote for them are scum. Where's the scum intent in it? It's shitty reasoning, and you still haven't said why you're "not sold" on Poly.

There's not really much else I can say about my Euklyd vote since it was based mostly off of things that ARE hard to respond to, I realize. I just felt like he was being self-conscious in a scummy way and that hasn't really changed with his recent response.

Hold on, gotta look back at something.

Euklyd, do you think Poly is scummy? You implied it but I don't see your vote anywhere.

Also Shinori who do you think is scum? Do you think Objection is scum? Why aren't you voting him?

Euklyd seems a bit too agitated? Dunno. Bizz's vote is sort of hard to really respond to.

@Eclipse- you can make jokes after RVS. And even if he was[/i being serious, which I doubt, whenever a new player makes that sort of OMGUS statement, they're more likely town, because they have the misconception that people who vote for them are scum. Where's the scum intent in it? It's shitty reasoning, and you still haven't said why you're "not sold" on Poly.

Best way to respond to a "hard" vote IMO is as much of a response as possible to the vote itself, followed by scumhunting elsewhere.

I feel that you're nitpicking Poly for a case (the overall logic is consistent, even if you don't agree with it; you're missing responses), and are handwaving my reasons for keeping my vote where it was. Newbie card isn't a good reason to disregard anything.

. . .come to think of it, I don't like how one person gets all the nitpicky attention and another person gets by with "newbie" excuse.

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

probably not gonna be around for the rest of the night btw sorry but if I am it's gonna be in a few hours