Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, time for clipsey to yell at people (since you guys have all the fun while I'm gone):

kirsche - Rule 0 explicitly states not to be a jerk. Getting on someone's nerves intentionally is a jerk move (not to mention something I'd expect out of someone who can't find a better angle to push, a.k.a. a really bad player). Don't even think of doing anything like that on this forum again. You're more than capable of using more legitimate cases to get someone lynched.

shmo - I get that this was your first game, BUT all personal preferences must be put aside when a mafia game is in effect. I'm on pretty good terms with several of the people here, and yet none of us have issues pushing each other when it comes down to lynch time. If you are unable to view everyone in the same, neutral light, then I suggest not playing with those you have a personal bias towards. It will hinder your play in the future.

mei - First off, singling out someone for whatever reason and crying about them is BAD (if you'd done that to me, I would've pushed for your lynch, just to make a point). Several other people were doing the exact same things to various other people, and I was much harsher on you, yet. . .you had no problems with me? Your postgame attitude was extremely poor, as well. If you have a personal problem with Boron, sort it out outside of the game. Forum drama has no place here.

The fact that Shmomei were essentially a town/scum pair is what really made this game dumb. It's, like, why bother having them on opposite sides? Would've given me much more ammo against them if I didn't essentially ragequit (never doing that again, BTW).

Even dead, I got the scumteam wrong. I did get Refa right, but I figured that Shmo was scum and Mei was just dumb!newb!town (assuming one of them actually was scum), with either Boron/whoever subbed in for her or BBM as the third.

Also, I'm going to respond to some things now as not the mod of the game but as me.

All of you honestly. Just stop. Kirshe thank you for being a good person here and standing up for what's right. It's horrible how you guys are ganging up on Mei here. The only reason she made the sour grapes post was because they were harassing her even AFTER the game. Honestly you guys need to learn to move on. It's a GAME not REAL LIFE. We're playing characters and I find it a bit ridiculous that I need to talk about this to several grown men. Just get your priorities checked and stop harassing an innocent girl.

Are you calling what you guys are saying Civil? You're just coming off as condescending and that's incredibly childish. 'LOLOLOL' isn't civil.

She just simply made the post to close the discussion because she didn't want to fight about an internet game with a grown man. You were continuing to complain about her even after the game and that's incredibly childish.

This is a prime example of someone taking the internet too seriously. You're not going to have any new players if you continue to be so rude and get hung up on things like this. This is a fun little game on the forums, I don't think you realize how childish you are being. You're getting all your friends on here to gang up on her and attack her? Does that sound civil and adult behavior to you? No. That's kids on the playground behavior.

Her post game response was bad? It was trying to close the conversation and stop an argument about something that you guys won't let go. That sounds pretty mature and civil to me.

He wasn't being civil at all, he was saying she was 'too sensitive for mafia' and basically telling her she couldn't play because he didn't like her playstyle.

First off. Boron waited until the game was over and then made a completely civil post because she honestly wanted to try and work things out with mei. Mei then responded in a way that (regardless of intent) was inflammatory and rude. The language she used was not that of someone who was attempting to close discussion but rather someone who wanted to get one last dig in. I don't know what definition of civil you have, but continuing to call someone who's attempting to work things out "rude" "case of sour grapes" and "negative people" does not fit mine.

Second off. You came in at a time when discussion had already been closed. I don't care how much you care about mei, the discussion had been closed. You then tried to either reopen it or get in a few closing shots without people being able to respond. Once again, not very civil. You continue this vein of not being civil by insulting the people playing this game because people were "harassing" your girlfriend. Boron's post was anything but and the only reason other people stepped in was because of yours and mei's response to her attempts to work things out. Boron didn't ask them to. She didn't ask people to "gang up" on mei. You say this a fun little game, but yours and mei's responses here and in game went beyond the game and turned into personal insults.

Thirdly, at least according to the SF census for ages and stuff, mei is hardly a "little girl" and most of the people here are not much older if at all older than her. You're trying to get pity for her for reasons she doesn't deserve.

It's incredibly clear to me and to everyone else that I've talked to that you're biased here. And I'll be the first to admit that I have some bias towards my friends as well. But you take it above and beyond and proceed to attack other people for literally no other reason than they don't agree with something your girlfriend did. And your bias clearly affected your game as well. There isn't place for bias like that in mafia. I'm sorry, but it's true.

And I'll be the first to admit that I have some bias towards my friends as well.

imagine if i modkilled people for making fun of rocker every time he flakes

(jk i havent actually talked to rocker in over a year)

No like... clearly like eclipse said, we all have some bias towards our friends. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't put that aside for the game or blindly defend them without actually looking at the facts of the case.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, people can talk about this stuff again though I would ask that people keep it civil and if I feel that it's becoming an issue, I will ask a mod to lock the thread again.

Edited by scorri

Can I just ask not to be called out for things that aren't serious because idk it's been getting to me a lot lately like I'm not an asshole I like to joke around too and I feel like I'm not allowed to do that sometimes

That being said I'm not getting involved in any more arguments unless they directly involve me and don't respond to this post

Sorry if I scared you guys I've had like 5 or something major anxiety attacks in the last week and it wasn't anyone's fault it happened