Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia [Everyone loses but j00, Baldrick and Manix]

Bard

@baldrick nah it's not your fault. i should have waited a few more days before trying to play mafia

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm off to sleep- at least I can look forward to the Inception game coming as well. Did what I could here (I found the game roles/set up to be interesting, despite the lulls of inactivity that hit the game a few times), and enjoyed shooting Shinori and accomplishing my RVS statement (well, technically I didn't get him lynched, but shooting him can be just as fun and killing him was my real goal in mind!) playing another game/round as scum.

**And at least now I can focus on the new game incoming fully, as opposed to trying to salvage a win for Miria/Elieson and Poly from this game (and splitting my focus/thoughts between threads). I tried- sorry about that guys! ^^''

Edited by Eurykins

I would find it hilarious if manix and bbm shot each other.

We did shoot each other in fact; Bard told me right after I died, though I interpreted it as Manix being a SK for a while.

I don't know that the setup was exactly yet but I feel like any game with less than 15p should actively avoid potential situations with three deaths in one night. Having too many deaths at once gives off the impression that the game depends almost entirely on roles and people lose their will to play normally.

Not to mention that making everybody scum is going to make the game inherently lurkier to begin with :V

I don't necessarily agree with the first part, but the second part was basically the main problem with the game. People are naturally not as inclined to post as scum, so with 9/11 people being scum (and a 10th being Survivor), people are going to be a lot more lazy. And whichever of the scum are more active have a good chance of getting killed N1, with that many kills.

The game immediately became weirdk when bard said

"hey guys since you're obviously too busy to post, I'm gonna reduce game time. That'll make you post more!"

The setup is actually brilliant.

Edited by Elieson

i feel like this entire game was a jab at me. understandably, but still

You can ask Prims, but my standard comment in almost any MotK Mafia game is, "Everyone is scum."

The entire game is a parody of my feelings about Mafia. I'm not so passive-aggressive I'd go out of my way to create a Mafia setup to jab at someone, I think I abundantly made clear what I thought about your bastard game and told you.

@Elieson: I read somewhere that if players are less interested in the game, reducing game time reduces time to idle and makes people spend a little more effort. With few players but long deadlines you can get stuck on a point where everyone had their say but no one wants to lynch because deadline is a day away.

Also, fuck off with the "since you're obviously too busy to post". I did not once say that, and I did not shorten the game time because I felt people were "too busy to post". Seriously, cut that shit out. If you have a problem with what I do, ask me for clarifications or say it clearly, don't put words in my mouth.

Edited by Bard

i feel like this entire game was a jab at me. understandably, but still

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/standard-troll-noc-mafia-game-over-mafia-wins.85123/#post-3258098

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/troll-noc-mafia-postgame.86780/#post-3339201

tbh I'm surprised that there's apparently no relation between these games