Game of Mafia Champions

Thingyman

Hey there :)

I'll try to keep this relatively short and to the point.

I am organizing a "Game of Mafia Champions", which will feature the very best players from a bunch of different mafia communities. A cross-site game.

This is a very huge, very ambitious and very unique project. It's an experiment in seeing what happens when different mafia cultures clash. Also, it's a chance to let the best mafia players on the internet face off against each other.

The first two games of this kind have already been completed (almost 30 different mafia sites participated) and it was a huge success in both instances.

Game 1: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/1-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1368321/

Game 2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/2-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1381100/

(feel free to remove the links if they are inappropriate or against your rules)

I am now trying to gather players for the third game in the series. And I wanted to ask you if your site would be interested in having a representative in this game? :)

I will let you guys decide completely by yourself how you choose this representative, whether it be by public poll or the mods electing the representative or some third thing. The only thing I would ask is that you please only send someone who you deem to be a champion of your site, someone who has enjoyed accolades or is acknowledged as a consensus top player. Please no "troll representative" :P

Extra information about the game:

- The game is scheduled to start March 24. Each game day (including night phase) is planned to be 2 real life days. Saturday and Sunday will always count as one real life day though, so less time intensive over the weekend.

- There will be 25 players and the game should last about 2 weeks.

- As for the setup, it wil be a semi-open setup with potential roles being listed in the OP - without revealing which are actually in the game.

- If your site wants to, you guys are very free to spectate the game. We will also have a spectator chat on Skype set up which anyone not in the game can be invited to. It was very fun for the first two games and attracted people from a bunch of different sites.

Note: It really is important that the chosen person can post every game day. If there isn’t anyone on your site who would be able to manage this fast paced format, then that is obviously understandable :).

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope that you’re as excited about this as I am. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Thingyman

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its more cowbel for his stunning performance.

In that case, I'd nominate a hydra of the Bey duo, and cowbell.

But that's in poor taste. Still prims

This sounds exciting to watch; what all communities are you planning to invite?
Or is that under wraps?

I'm not really sure I know who the top-tier players here are, so no comment from me on that...maybe.

EDIT: Okay fine I'll take my best educated guess. Paperblade and Prims seem like the go-to candidates, right?

Edited by Euklyd

I would play if I had time but I doubt I will since that's literally the 2 weeks before my senior project is due

edit: the senior project which I literally have spent like 20 minutes on ggggggggggg

Edited by Paperblade

Anyway I'm opposed to this sort of game on principle for a bunch of reasons I don't really feel like getting into (mafia sucks), but if we really send somebody it should be BBM, he's the only one mafia-obsessed and non-judgmental enough to actually do it.

does the host even allow hydras

I'm not at home because reasons

fair enough

also does the host even allow hydras

E: god damn it paper fixed his post and ruined my Hilarious Joke

Edited by Prims

imo /in as a giant 5-man hydra of the strongest players on the site: Prims, BBM, Paperblade, eclipse, and Psych.

I don't have a real opinion on who the strongest players are so don't read into the first part of that list seriously.

imo /in as a giant 5-man hydra of the strongest players on the site: Prims, BBM, Paperblade, eclipse, and Psych.

I don't have a real opinion on who the strongest players are so don't read into the first part of that list seriously.

*gasps and shudders*

well at least Psych will get that playerslot modkilled. :3