Fire Emblem: Path of a New World

Galleom

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eCut, November 1, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by eCut, November 1, 2013 - No reason given

So, I added this:

level_10.png

Level ups sounded really... Silent, after playing Awakening...

Lots of text were needed, though.

edit: added the screenshot to the OP

On a side note, while trying to add an option to activate/deactivate this, I found this:

madely10.png

This is a really weird option.

btw, I decided not to make this an in-game option.

Augh, double post while trying to edit the above post, can someone please delete this?

Edited by Galleom
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The madelyn thing was for FE&x, and yeti didn't remove it for public release. Also, you could just rename it and set the ID to go to a different lord instead of the main one.

And yay AWakening levelups! (Stop making Yeti's engine look like it's missing features XD)

Judging by the grammar, English isn't your first language, is it?

His english is perfectly fine.

tbh there should be a box underneath the sprite like fe13

kinda looks unrefined to have a speech bubble of varying lengths for the level up quote

I agree with this, but considering FEXP, this is okay for now.

Thanks for the support, it really helps me keeping going!

The madelyn thing was for FE&x, and yeti didn't remove it for public release. Also, you could just rename it and set the ID to go to a different lord instead of the main one.

And yay AWakening levelups! (Stop making Yeti's engine look like it's missing features XD)

Oh, I see. Anyways, I renamed it already.

tbh there should be a box underneath the sprite like fe13

kinda looks unrefined to have a speech bubble of varying lengths for the level up quote

Hm... I'm not sure about that.

In fe13, the talk box is below the sprite and has a fixed length, but it's because all speech bubbles are below the sprites, not to mention that awakening's sprites are much bigger, so there is enough space to put the box below it.

In fexp and gba games, the speech bubbles are all above the characters, and all of them have varying lengths, and the sprites aren't really big enough to have boxes under them.

So, I suppose I'll stay with it.

However, I noticed that the speech bubble looked somewhat incomplete, since it lacked that... arrow(?) pointing to the character, so I completed it!

level_11.png

Also, I remembered that in awakening the UI waits for the player to press something, so now it waits until you press z or x

You can also notice that the quote is different, so yeah, just like awakening there are different quotes depending on the mount of stats increased.

btw, English isn't my first language.

Edited by Galleom

Thanks for the support, it really helps me keeping going!

Oh, I see. Anyways, I renamed it already.

Hm... I'm not sure about that.

In fe13, the talk box is below the sprite and has a fixed length, but it's because all speech bubbles are below the sprites, not to mention that awakening's sprites are much bigger, so there is enough space to put the box below it.

In fexp and gba games, the speech bubbles are all above the characters, and all of them have varying lengths, and the sprites aren't really big enough to have boxes under them.

So, I suppose I'll stay with it.

However, I noticed that the speech bubble looked somewhat incomplete, since it lacked that... arrow(?) pointing to the character, so I completed it!

level_11.png

Also, I remembered that in awakening the UI waits for the player to press something, so now it waits until you press z or x

You can also notice that the quote is different, so yeah, just like awakening there are different quotes depending on the mount of stats increased.

btw, English isn't my first language.

It's funny 'cause his class is Hero.

Also, what is your first language?

It's funny 'cause his class is Hero.

Also, what is your first language?

It's kinda like why I made him say that xp

My first language is portuguese. I'm brazilian. So if my english sounds awkward somewhere that's probably why, I suppose (that includes in-game conversations, since everyone in the team speaks portuguese, although I'm trying to make it sound as natural as possible)

My first language is portuguese. I'm brazilian. So if my english sounds awkward somewhere that's probably why, I suppose (that includes in-game conversations, since everyone in the team speaks portuguese, although I'm trying to make it sound as natural as possible)

Ah. There's quite a few Brazilians here if I remember correctly.

If you get the game to a good point and want a proofreader, send me a PM. I'm not only an english major, I also am in expert in text formatting. Especially FEXP formatting.

Proofread, uh? Seems good for me, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for offering your help, anyways ^^

edit: whoa, a new a page, added the quote xp

Edited by Galleom

So, while I was playing Pokemon, I had an idea and I couldn't help but obey my mind wishes.

[spoiler=Berries! And some bonus pudding]berrie10.png

Not all of them has the same effect as their Pokémon counterpart. Liechi, Lansat, Sitrus and (not pictured) Oran are the only ones that work more like their counterpart.

All of them are Pinch Berries, this is it, after any attack, if someone below 25% HP has one these berries, the user will eat the berry, gaining its effects.

Sitrus and Oran will recover HP, and they can be used out of battle.

The other ones will give a 3-turn-buff that gives +5 on a stat (or +20 crit on Lansat), depending on the type, but they can't be used out of battle.

I'm not entirely sure how I'll use this, though >_>

Maybe I can reskin this and make this less Pokemon-ish? The effects has some great potential in tactics.

Anyways, it was overall good since post-hit skills weren't full programmed and I had to finish this...

edit: added the screenshot to the OP

Edited by Galleom

^Hm, yeah, I don't have any ideia what I change that to, though x.x

Anyways, I made a thing:

sacrif10.png

Seems familiar?

That was actually much easier than I thought ^^

sacrif11.png

And since I'd be such a waste to make a whole system just for one skill, I made five sacrifice-like skills!

So basically there is:

- Sacrifice (Micaiah's) - Will give as much HP as possible.

- Sacrifice (Yeti's) - Will give Lck*2 HP.

- Pain Split - Will share HP equally between characters.

- Like Steal - Will take HP as much HP as possible.

- Life Steal (Magic based) - Will take Mag*2 (or Str if it's a weapon user).

I feel kind of bad for posting this less than one week afer yeti >_> , but I'll probably use Pain Split instead of Sacrifice anyways.

Edited by Galleom

Yeti: Challenge accepted?

Change them to "Wards" that are activated on arriving at a certain HP threshold. 25% sounds reasonable to me.

Defense Ward: Gain 10 DEF for one phase if HP drops below 25% in a battle. Ward vanishes after use. Mine is just an example, but making them "Wards" is much more Fire Emblem-y than using Berries.

Edited by IM FAE OMG!!

Anyways, I made a thing:

sacrif10.png

Seems familiar?

That was actually much easier than I thought ^^

sacrif11.png

And since I'd be such a waste to make a whole system just for one skill, I made five sacrifice-like skills!

So basically there is:

- Sacrifice (Micaiah's) - Will give as much HP as possible.

- Sacrifice (Yeti's) - Will give Lck*2 HP.

- Pain Split - Will share HP equally between characters.

- Like Steal - Will take HP as much HP as possible.

- Life Steal (Magic based) - Will take Mag*2 (or Str if it's a weapon user).

I feel kind of bad for posting this less than one week afer yeti >_> , but I'll probably use Pain Split instead of Sacrifice anyways.

Wow, I've never seen someone care this much about FEXP Except Klok... Looking good so far, man!

Now challenge Yeti to a programming competition >:D

Edited by PixelmanFE

Why not just make it food that is more relevant to the setting? '3'

What if there was a support chef class that could create consumables

Such cool stuff going on in here though. Nice innovation!

Wow, I've never seen someone care this much about FEXP Except Klok...

Not sure if compliment or insult.

But yeah nobody else ever got interested in FEXP until now so I lost all my enthusiasm and motivation for it. Plus FEXNA's right around the corner and I'm more focused on that, but having used both of them I can safely say that as of this moment, FEXP is a -bit- more newb intuitive. Yeti is working on fixing that though and I'm pitching him ideas. I still love the FEXP upgrades though, they really lend my ol' favorite engine a little something.

Not sure if compliment or insult.

But yeah nobody else ever got interested in FEXP until now so I lost all my enthusiasm and motivation for it. Plus FEXNA's right around the corner and I'm more focused on that, but having used both of them I can safely say that as of this moment, FEXP is a -bit- more newb intuitive. Yeti is working on fixing that though and I'm pitching him ideas. I still love the FEXP upgrades though, they really lend my ol' favorite engine a little something.

Haha, no, it was comment.

One of my hacks was going to be on FEXP, but... I thought FEXNA was coming out, so I ditched that idea. Then when I figured out FEXNA would come later, I just said, "screw it" and started ROM-Hacking.

Anyways, looking forward to new progress. Anymore skills?

Edited by PixelmanFE