Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

Are we actually doing this challenge?

Well crud, If you need some healing call upon me and I shall appear.

I mean, I'm still fucking terrified but If I gotta fight then I will.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys. I found this thing this morning.

Watched the Nintendo Direct (it was long and mostly irrelevant so I just found a vid with this part)

Thing I noticed:

Running shoes? Pfffft. Who needs those? I got roller blades.

I am.... okay with the grass and fire starters, if only because the fire one means we might get a fox that isn't ninetails and might actually be useful. The frog looks like it might be water/electricity though based on an attack they showed. The frog is... really weird.

I know at least Merc and Eail are going to go off about how they hate all the designs, so I thought I'd just get that out of the way.

Edited by roymbrog

Did some serious thinking--for about ten seconds :awesome: --and decided we'll be ready for the TS at the end of Connor's little investigation~

Some useful things for people to know and address:

-This TS is going to be at least 10 more days in length and no longer than 16(might RNG this trip for the travel days maybe) so there is some information that all PCs can plausibly know about.

That includes: the Burke and DH challenges(all PCs will be informed of the latter on or offscreen so this one's mandatory), Suzume's presence on the ship(scuttlebutt), the DH's appearance in general(due to DH challenge), Anna's presence on the ship, the phoenix egg rotation(Zachary has it for one day and then another character gets it for the next day. It won't go through the entire party over the course of the trip, but with it being rotated like this, most if not all would easily know about it, though this doesn't mean they have to know the details), and the bow cargo hold/training room.

-The Prometheus will be just about ready to crash spectacularly into another ship dock at the end of the TS and so it's loud and clear, the place we're going to is Sergio Port, the same place where the rp started. Daloth better not show up >_>;

-Phoenix egg rotation order over the course of the trip should probably be worked out.

-Retro convos and activities should be addressed as soon as possible.

-Phee PC notes:

Raquel will be spending this trip similarly to the last one, trying to use the emblem without success, seeing about selling things to the crew, practicing synthesis, and reading; if she exhausts herself doing those, she might try to talk to some of the other party members, but which ones are circumstantial, so pm me if you want one of your guys to be in the right place at the right time. I don't want to get too bogged down in retroes so let's try to limit this to three people for Raquel.

Gabbie will be training in bow cargo hold, messing with sailors and Ringo, hanging out in the Dauntless, or talking with Connor and/or Anna. She won't seek out anyone on her own without a good reason.

Reign will be training in the bow cargo hold, talking with Raquel, Veronika, Zoe, or anyone else who's good for conversation. Raquel Nika and Zoe are the only ones Reign will seek out on his own though, so anyone who wants to retro with him will have to initiate it.

Shadrak will be pestering Raquel about the emblem once a day minimum and will probably attend one of her fail sessions. Barring that, he'll be training himself in the bow cargo hold, but only when no one else is using it, otherwise he'll be meditating and taking notes when he gets ideas. Shadrak's in recluse mode so will only seek out Raquel.

Faatina will be investigating(not the Shadrak brand of investigating mind you) the ship and learning what she can about sailing ships and the ocean. This might involve a retro with Gytha, Delan, and/or Silas. When she's not doing that, she'll be training, either alone if no one's around or sparring with interested parties.

Post note: Everyone eats, so regardless of the notes, a PC can be found in the galley at some point, even if they're ordering takeout.

Any other info needed, just ask.

Edited by Phoenix

Retro Convo: Is a conversation between two or more characters that happens in retrospect, ie, posted and read after it's already happened.

Chelsea: Nothing's stopping Chelsea from talking to him, he's just not going to go looking for people except Raquel because he's obsessed with her emblem or something.

Edited by Phoenix

Oh sorry, I think I read it so that Shadrak was some sort of Prima Donna and you needed VIP privilege to talk to him.

I was at least wrong about the VIP thing. :p

Zachary wouldn't have learned the thunder shield by now, and it's (The Prometheus) not the best place to train thunder techniques which doesn't help either.

Edited by Phoenix

Oh, so we're meant to put actions here... ?

In ten days time, Rook will have talked to all the women on board, and probably a few of the men, getting to know as much as possible about every one of them. Those who rebuke him he regards from now on with general distrust.

What is included in everything about them? (how much would they have to be not willing to say for him to distrust them?) Also what people did over TS can be said in RP, but this is actually a good one to put here. I get to ask questions~

Rook understands that there's a limit to what everyone's willing to divulge, but will still push to and past that limit with every single person. Anyone who won't say a thing about their past, or themselves, or is just rude to him generally is distrusted. But people who are merely guarded can get away with it.

Okay here's some more 'general knowledge' for post-TS.

-Synthia's the new treasurer, and Aneda works in inventory. This being mostly common knowledge means that by the end of the TS, no one should be too surprised if either of these two are messing around in the Dauntless constantly.

-There'll probably be an updated payment system at some point, but that's something Raquel and Synthia will have to figure out. Also, Aneda should pick up a good idea of what's available as time goes on which makes her a good clerk if Raquel's busy or not around. That means people can go to Raquel or Aneda(and possibly Synthia if she's paying attention to what Aneda's doing) for purchases once the latter's properly settled in. Yay, employees and such~

@ Furet

Responses to the Rook Inquisition.

Raquel:

Would reveal that she's trying to rescue her father from Sardis and his people and that she was just a traveling merchant's assistant before all of that. Can't learn much more than that unless Reign is around at the time. If so, it comes out that she was training to be an ursian mage/soldier alongside him and some of their other friends but dropped out.

Reign:

If pestered, he would explain that he's an old friend of Raquel's and here to help her however he can. He would also be willing to 'divulge' his past as an ursian soldier, but won't get very specific about when or how he quit.

Gabbie:

Keeps things relatively short and just points out that she works for Weyland. If pressed for info beyond that Weyland employment, she won't budge.

Shadrak:

A bit reluctant but doesn't want to inadvertently burn anymore bridges. Explains that he's trying to help Raquel with her artifact and stay alive in general. About himself, he would point out that he's a shaman and scholar in training, trying to master the dark arts.

Faatina:

Confused at first but receptive. Explains that she followed the group when they left Sanctuary and is curious about the outside world.

Rook Inquisition responses:

Veronika- Willing to talk about any topio pretty much, although will quickly attempt to change the subject if Pavel or the dead group members come up.

Nadya- Also pretty willing to talk, though will not discuss the circumstances which caused her to leave Kigen

Connor- No sensitive topics really, least likely to be seen unless Rook enters the Dauntless though