Can anyone translate these few lines?

ReyVGM

Could anyone translate exactly what these lines say?

シナリオ終了ターン

第1部 総ターン数 

On the script page it says "turns taken" and "total turns", but google translation has a bit more to say about that and I was wondering if someone could lay down the actual translation, if possible.

Also:

個人戦績

計45名  戦死0名

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ReyVGM

Could anyone translate exactly what these lines say?

シナリオ終了ターン

Well, the first one is easy. シナリオ is just them stealing the English word for "scenario". It's a Katakana word, which means it's a word that originated from another culture (they do this because English words look as fancy to them as the name "Mitsurugi" looks to us). 終了 is a noun that means "end", or "termination", and things of that source. And finally, タン is just them stealing the English word for "turn". So the first one would come up to something like "Turns Taken [at the] end [of the] 'scenario'" (it's possible that the word "scenario" here was localized as "Chapter" in the English releases).

So the first one is "End Chapter Turn Count". Next...

第1部 総ターン数

I'm not entirely sure on the first symbol, but...I believe 第1means "premiere, number one, big cheese", things like that, while 部 is simply a counter that you attach when a number is meant to signify the quantity of something (Japanese don't have plural word forms, so they need to attach these counters whenever they count). 総 means "all", or "total", and other things of that nature, ターン数 is the English word for "turn" again, but with that "we're counting something" suffix attached to it again.

So I believe this one would translate into something like "Grand Total of Turns Taken Overall" or something...so yeah, it's the kind of thing that would sound awkward as all get out when translated too literally.

戦死0名

戦死 means "killed in action", so this here's saying that nobody died. I don't know the other two phrases though.

Edited by FionordeQuester

I'd be genuinely surprised if it was anything other than a more long-winded/proper-sentency way of saying the exact same things as the provided translations.

In both versions of the patch, it's weird glitchy text.

X9JM5A2.png

I believe they did a mock up of what it would look like translated but it wasn't implemented into the patch yet.

Kind of nice to see a more elaborate breakdown of what it is, though.

...as a translator, I'd actually change those in the patch to match what we have in FE today when they show total turn count.

Literal translations are awkward.

Like, look back at the first FE6 English patch support conversations type of awkward.

I did this.

I'm going to try to find someone to do a new text translation for it since the one on the patch (and on this site) has a bunch of mistakes and weird wording.

I used the english font already included with the game (which is pretty much the same one used in Zelda LttP), and I don't know why wasn't this font used in the first place since it permits more dialogue per text box. I guess they had their good reasons.

Edited by ReyVGM

Can anyone check if the character titles during the epilogues are fine, or if they need a better translation? I know that "Julian’s Bro Ricard" it supposed to be "Julian’s Little Brother, Ricard". Are there any other truncated instances?

*edit*

Someone checked them already.

Edited by ReyVGM

There's no space between "heart," and "I" in Medeus' dialogue; might wanna fix that.

Also, I'd make it just say "Chapter X" instead of "Chapter #X", since you generally don't say, say, "chapter number five"; just "chapter five".

Noticed the space thing after posting the image. It's fixed now. Thanks.

About the # sign, I just wanted it to be closer to the Japanese version, but after doing it and looking it at it, it's too difficult to go back and modify everything now.

Also working on Thracia 776

oOa5FO0.pngRTt5sbZ.png3QHLz3H.png

Edited by ReyVGM