The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Unfortunately, even with a Lucina A rank pair, Morgan is going to be 1 Spd shy of doubling Grima, so I think burst damage is probably out of the question. You can still kill Grima by having Morgan lead with Parallel Falchion Lucina beating on him with dual strikes. However, Morgan will probably need a healthy stock of Elixirs and someone else to go Physic head-hunting. Robin/Chrom can probably do this, although... I have to ask, is that a typo, or does your Robin seriously only have 28 Spd?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, 28 spd. Luck is my flaw.

I have no money whatsoever. I could sell MU's nosferatu tomes, but that's it. Lissa, my only staffbotter, is dead.

No dlc is the rule, and I'd rather just abandon the run than grind.

Well, it's still probably doable, but you're going to have to draw the fight out. Namely, you want to wear down the mooks so that you can have Shezzy have free enough movement to kill Physic enemies. This way, a Morgan/Lucina pair can have it out with Grima and win through attrition (Morgan will need healing, though...).

Barring that, you could try a Vengeance-Ruin strat, although with your current stats, I don't know if Shezzy could handle it.

And with that, my Lunatic + run is DONE. No DLC or Grinding, no Spotpass, no Bonus Box, Very Limited Renown (what I have for beating Lunatic to unlock Lunatic+ basically, and I barely used it aside from the SecondSeal/Beastkiller/Spiritdust anyway), All first gen recruited (including Tiki), no deaths. Now I can never touch this mode again, haha. 90% of it was a Robin/Chrom duo, with the aforementioned Tact > Dark Mage > Sorc > Dark Flier > Hero > Assassin > Sniper build but I had to reclass back to Assassin in Endgame to Quad Grima with a Brave Bow. I lightly trained Morgan and Lucina in Morgan's Paralogue (quite easy to do actually), and equipped with the Chapter 19 Arcwind plus a promotion, speedwings, tonics, and pairup he was strong enough to ORKO Gryphons and Wyverns, which let me 2 turn Tiki's paralogue. Also notable was Great Knight!Chrom extra mov pairup and Longbow letting me save rescue staves for elsewhere, since Boots Sniper Robin with the mov pairup can just barely Longbow a Falco on turn 1, then Galeforce another. But whatever I won't get too into it. (aside from the fact base level Maribelle contributed, 3 RANGE RESCUE 2 STRONG)

Thanks to KTT especially for his suggestion on a Bow style finish, since this was definitely more interesting than a Nosferatu centric playthrough. It's cool to see a sniper completely wallop. Robin had 1509 battles, hah.

I now must make a firm pledge to never break this game over my knee like so ever again though.

Edited by Irysa

Those infinite spawning Physic users are super cheap. I had an AT maxed stats Sorcerer with forged tomes, and I still had trouble taking down Grima. I just couldn't do enough damage to finish it cleanly before those freaking staff users would heal Grima up to full. Basically, I had to hope RNG favored me and Chrom DSed enough (and actually hit) to take Grima down before the staff users moved (since Grima went before them).

I was totally unprepared for the cheapness, especially since Avatar/Chrom stomped pretty much the rest of the game.

Good luck.

How will I be able to heal? I have no money. Two Ignis from Grima nearly kills her. I have no money for dragonstones either, probably run out by then.

1. How many Brave weapons do you have?

2. How many rescuebots do you have?

3. Do you still have Celica's Gale/large Bullion from Renown?

When I fight Grima, it's full Brave weapons on A/S rank pairs. Eirika's Blade can be used as a really cheap alternative to the Brave Sword, but it'll require forging. Oh, and make sure Anathema's active on one of the pairs that fights Grima~!

Edited by eclipse

You'd use your magical money to buy/forge Brave weapons and some tonics. Some other questions:

1. Does Olivia have Special Dance?

2. Does Avatar have Rally Spectrum?

3. Did you recruit Libra?

4. How many Rescue staves do you have?

5. Did you promote anyone else besides who you listed?

This stuff is sorta-important, I promise~!

if you aren't insistent in not grinding, you can beat spotpass!wolt over and over and step on shining tiles to sell freebie items.

This. . .is a problem. The "problem" is that Olivia isn't a dancer. Next set of questions:

1. What level is Olivia/Cordelia/Lon'qu?

2. What are their weapon ranks?

3. Did you get an Arms Scroll anywhere?

4. Are Anna/Maribelle alive and able to wield staves?

EDIT: I got an idea when I saw who else you trained, and yes, I'm a horrible person for even thinking it. . .but it all comes down to weapon ranks!

Edited by eclipse

Lucina's stats really aren't that bad. At least, if you run her as a support unit, she can wield Parallel Falchion for 35 + 3 + 36 = 74 Attack. That's 12 damage per dual strike, which means that a Morgan lead with that support could maybe whittle Grima down over time, which is why the Elixirs would help. Of course, this assumes you can pick off all the enemy Physic users (since, even with others pointing out that Spectrum could actually let Morgan double, it's only doubling, not quadding, so bursting Grima doesn is very unlikely).

It's really unfortunate that your Robin is so slow, though (even if he had an A or higher Support with Lucy and a Spd Tonic, he'd only hit 40, at best; although... did Morgan inherit Rally Spectrum? That could push it up to 44.). If he could double Grim (50), or even just avoid being doubled (41), Vengeance-Ruin would be something you could just reset for over and over until you get a couple crits.

Best thing I can think of is rigging a Vengeance Mjolnir crit on Avatar at 1 HP, and ONLY deploy Chrom/MU. That way, you should be able to Nosferatu your way up to something more respectable, level-wise. If you can get Avatar right next to Grima, his avoid should drop to 80 - manageable enough that even Chrom can hit him. Have Avatar down Magic/Skill/Speed tonics before starting this battle.

Otherwise, I'd recommend redoing this, on Casual. . .so that if you do lose units, it won't be permanent.

41 str + 11 stone + 7 Lucina + 2 tonic + 4 spectrum + 4 str (Basilio) = 69, so 8 damage? I think Pavise doesn't work on Dragonstones. That plus Lucina's Dual strike (with rallies/tonic is 84 atk i think) is like 46ish damage per round. Something like let Grima attack enemy phase so he doesn't heal, then attack twice with Olivia and player phase, plus chip (w/ Exalted Falchion or Vengeance/Aether or crits?), etc? It seems doable if you Rescue re-position and Rally properly and get a bit of luck.

Edited by XeKr

41 str + 11 stone + 7 Lucina + 2 tonic + 4 spectrum + 4 str (Basilio) = 69, so 8 damage? I think Pavise doesn't work on Dragonstones. That plus Lucina's Dual strike (with rallies/tonic is 84 atk i think) is like 46ish damage per round. Let Grima attack enemy phase, then attack twice with Olivia, plus chip (w/ Vengeance crits?), etc? It seems doable if you Rescue reposition and Rally properly and get a bit of luck.

I don't think Olivia would have the damage output to do much of anything, and it looks like he doesn't have any Rescue users.

Shezzy: If you did this on Casual before, then you should have a handle of what to expect. Make sure your staffbots don't die, and keep an eye on Avatar's Speed. Anathema/Hex is nice, but I'd use one of Henry/Tharja for that (hell, I'd marry one of them, so that Morgan starts off as a Dark Mage). If you're going to Nosfertank for game, try to get Tomefaire first. And make sure that Chapter 22 is a full rout - it'll give you an idea of how much work you'll need to do on the last few chapters.

A strange world where Olivia fights instead of Dances. >_>

Could reclass Nah or use other fillers for Rescue.

edit: btw, Lucina actually doesn't support Nowi!Morgan, does she? ;\\

It seems doable ultimately, but might require some luck given how few resources are available. I always say the final boss is something one should have a plan for throughout the game...

Edited by XeKr

Sell some Nosferatu/regular Dragonstone/everything extraneous? Even Flavia/Basilio come with weapons that can be liquidated unless they were already sold.

It's certainly tricky if funds are that tight.

Edited by XeKr

edit: btw, Lucina actually doesn't support Nowi!Morgan, does she? ;\\

Hmmm, yeah, you're right. For some reason, I though Morgan had supports with every gen 2 in a similar way to Robin having them with gen 1 (and beyond, but that's besides the point). Shows how much I actually use the kids, I guess.

I suppose that means a Vengeance crit build is the best chance of success.

Just keep in mind that you basically can't go wrong if you raise Robin and get Chrom to A support (even for male Robin; their bromance is still too strong for the game). That way, you always have someone who easily snowballs to protect Chrom, even if you have to bench everyone else to get past a chapter. And a well-leveled Sorc!Robin can explode Grima with Vengeance-Ruin, even if Ruin is unforged (and Ruin has such a high crit rate that the chances of doing so aren't particularly low, either—especially with Anathema piled on top).

If you've got that as a backup plan, you can pretty much do whatever else you want with the rest of the run.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

I think the issue here is less of Robin's support ranks and more of the fact that Robin's at roughly half the level he should be (not capping HP is a pretty big warning sign of being underleveled- all the other low stats make sense in context).

I think the issue here is less of Robin's support ranks and more of the fact that Robin's at roughly half the level he should be (not capping HP is a pretty big warning sign of being underleveled- all the other low stats make sense in context).

Yeah. I meant it more as a general statement that Robin/Chrom with an A support or higher could easily take on anything. I should've specified that being raised meant quite a few more levels than he'd already gotten.

Robin went tactician to level 20, grandmaster to 10, Sorcerer to 20, reclassed back to Sorcerer, and now he's where he's at.

What's the plan for him on my hypothetical next run?

Just generally more combat. Robin probably wants to see enough to get another 20-30 levels. Basically, keep him as your primary frontline fighter instead of shifting to Morgan and Nah, and you should be fine.

If you're wanting a tweaked reroute, consider Second Sealing to Dark Mage at Tactician 20 instead of promoting. Your iLevel will be 11 after the first Second Seal, so you should be able to pick up stats very quickly. Then, with a good stat base (and Dark Mage's ridiculously powerful tier 1 skills), you'll have a very powerful Sorcerer on your hands, even immediately after promotion. While Ignis is a fairly good skill, I don't think it's worth giving up Hex, Anathema and more easy tier 1 levels for.

FWIW, point Lucina with pocket Chrom is pretty capable of doing it as well if you get them to A Support. I actually did it the other way around in my run since I had a reasonably trained Chrom and I dumped tons of statboosters into him, but really I think the main thing is someone who can use Falchion as a support partner and being able to at least double Grima. Morgan with a Brave Bow or Cecilia's Gale or Waste and pocket Lucina works fine too.

My first run I never reclassed Robin and she turned into a support/rally spectrum bot at the lategame but Lucina and Chrom were capable of killing Grima.

Edited by Irysa