Saddest death quote

I'm sure all of you have seen at least one, despite the low difficulty. A careless mistake, some bad luck, and you have one less soldier giving his or her final words (and then you reset and try the chapter again).

But which one is the saddest?

Honestly, I didn't find that death quotes in this game were really sad, although a few like Innes and Marisa are good.

But if I were to pick one, i'll go with... Natasha's.

They're not really death quotes, but I always thought it was really eerily sad that all of the clones in the last chapter of FE7 smiled when they died without saying anything.

Edited by Agro

^This thread is about FE8 ones

also like folgore orange I found Lute one of the most sad ones. I don't know it's just like behind all the prodigy talk she's just a sad lonely girl from her death quote :c

I read through them and the only one that conveys any emotion at all imo is this one:

Dozla:

Ha ha ha! I couldn't have asked for a better ending!

And that's not sadness.

I'd go with Lute and Innes for the saddest death quotes. Most of the other characters seem to acceept their deaths, knowing that it could come at any time on the battlefield. Marisa's would be a little more touching if she didn't act so distant.

Edited by Mystical Mermaid

I don't really think Tana's death quote is the saddest, but it's definitely my favorite because it shows such a completely different side of her personality.

Saddest would be Kyle IMO.

I just read through all the death quotes in Sacred Stones, and none seem to be really "sad", and most are saying, in a nutshell, " I knew I would die." But in reading them, I thought Lute( big surprise), Gilliam, Natasha, and Rennac to be somewhat sad. But hey, that's just me.

• 3 weeks later...

Amelia: "I...I did good, didn't I?"

I find it sad (Especially since I've been phenomenally lucky with all my Amelias when I've used her)

Amelia: "I...I did good, didn't I?"

I agree. At least partially because she almost always doesn't.

BUT I'M WILLING TO LIE TO HER ON HER DEATHBED

Also Dozla's is the best in the entire series.

I'd say Lute's or Amelia's. Definitely sad, makes them both have a sense of humanity which you miss unless you read their support conversations.

Since I'm here I'll also throw in my FE7 choices: Nino's (although she doesn't die, just her "Am I going to die?" makes you definitely feel for her, especially after reading into her backstory), Limstella's, Jaffar's, and CoD!Lloyd/Linus.

I read through them and the only one that conveys any emotion at all imo is this one:

Dozla:

Ha ha ha! I couldn't have asked for a better ending!

And that's not sadness.

This Death comes even better when he kills himself with a Devil axe crit.