I can't enjoy Awakening anymore (dramatization)

Flying Butt

I don't see why people see infinite grinding as a bad thing. You can do it in several RPGs but the choice is up to you. Do you want to break the game and breeze through everything? Or would you stop at a certain point and try the challenge?

nerds are huge nerds and are singularly concerned with how big their epeen is for doing Thing. if somebody else can grind their way through Thing, then Thing loses epeen credit points and it makes them less special for having done Thing.

it's very related to the huge boner pc gamers have for DIFFICULTY!!! and DEPTH!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nerds are huge nerds and are singularly concerned with how big their epeen is for doing Thing. if somebody else can grind their way through Thing, then Thing loses epeen credit points and it makes them less special for having done Thing.

it's very related to the huge boner pc gamers have for DIFFICULTY!!! and DEPTH!!!

Honestly I see it more and more on the forums.

Like here:

I want them to utilize the existence of Casual vs. Classic mode. Classic mode should have no map grinding or shops, event tiles, DLC access, reclassing, unlimited supports, etc. until AFTER THE GAME HAS BEEN CLEARED. I don't care if they want to give the series some post game fun, but players who pick classic shouldn't have to limit themselves a thousand different ways just to get a somewhat well balanced experience during the main play through. If people insist on keeping that crap in this series, then let's let the casual players have their fun in casual mode.

This is in addition to pretty much everything else that's been said in this topic.

Because it trivializes the basic experience, to have all this broken crap thrown at you.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but that's what I'd like to see happen. I know it won't though.

And?

Why are you complaining about people trivializing their own experience for an optional part of the game?

Why should they conform to the standards of the hardcore audience, when they themselves can restrict what they want to do?

You're saying they can't take care of themselves.

What if they WANT to trivialize the game? What if that's FUN for them?

AND they want the permadeath feature on?

What if I'm on Lunatic+ Classic AND going completely no-grind is too much for me?

I want permadeath still on, but still at a level that is PLEASANT to me.

How about that? Are you going to tell me that I don't deserve to play Lunatic+ Classic like that?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Honestly I see it more and more on the forums.

this thread is fucking hilarious and exemplifies exactly what i mean

EDIT: i will quote reply number three to entice people to read

Welcome to consequence gaming, expect this to be more of the norm as a New Era of Gaming is established. Exemplified by more complex simulations and Ironman mode.

And most of all hardcore sims like Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen.

The Dark Ages of PC Gaming (2000-2014) are well nigh ended, prepare yourselves for complexity and consequence!!!

Edited by Integrity

what about the character balance, like why clive (is that his name?) sucks hugely

tbf still better than robin

robin such shit

jesus christ i forgot about the other rings, just looked them up

yeah, they are pretty ridiculous. they probably shouldn't even be in the game or at least nerfed to protect some semblance of balance.

pc mustard rice tho Edited by Tryhard

One of those rare occasions when this guy right here speaks truth. :V

I GRIND ON LUNATIC AND I PLAY CASUAL MODE.

tumblr_m2l6wl3RY11qbjj0lo1_400.gif