Marriage, confessions & children

VincentASM

Hopefully the title isn't a spoiler. It's already been mentioned in the official trailers.

How do characters get married? Reach an "S" support level with an opposite gender character and you're sorted. Afterwards...

[spoiler=...]Their children join in sidequest chapters starting from Chapter 13 and onwards, once Lucina drops the bombshell. Unless your name's Krom, there's no time limit on when to make babies.

Wait... what's up with the children appearing so suddenly? Is there a time skip or something?

[spoiler=Answer]The children are from the future. Obviously! o__o

>>> Marriage & children details <<<

[spoiler=Krom's marriage]I'm having difficulty figuring out what's going on, but it seems Krom must be married by the end of Chapter 12 or some time before that. He can marry My Unit, Soiree, Sumia, Mariabel or Olivia. If, by the time Olivia joins he hasn't started any supports with a female character, he will automatically marry Olivia. By the end of Chapter 12, if he hasn't reached a S support with any female, he'll automatically marry the female with the highest support level.

...And if all the females are taken or dead, he marries miss Village Girl.

Krom's marriage is important due to plot reasons.

[spoiler=My Unit's marriage]My Unit can marry anybody of the opposite gender and they have a fairly special child, Mark. Mark, despite what the name suggests, can be male or female depending on My Unit's gender. They're male if My Unit is female and vice versa.

Mark's class seems to be dependant on My Unit's partner. AFAIK, they begin in the non-promoted version of My Unit's partner's class. However, if that means they're a Lord, they begin as a Strategist instead. They can be a Taguel or Manakete, although I don't know if they can be a Villager or Dancer (I'm assuming Dancer is off limits due to how broken it would be).

[spoiler=Confession images]Special bonus for My Unit.

Krom

Liz

Sumia

Nono

Soso

Sairi

[spoiler=Images of the children]

[spoiler=Krom's child]Lucina (right)

Mark - My Unit's daughter

Wood - Liz's son, Myrmidon

Cynthia - Sumia's daughter, Pegasus Knight

Noire - Sariya's daughter, Archer

Brady - Mariabel's son, Priest

Dezel - Soiree's daughter, Knight

Selena - Tiamo's daughter, Mercenary

Soso (right) - Nono's daughter, Manakete

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if two characters reach S rank after chapter 13 can their child still join? Or is it only if they get S rank before Chapter 13?

So if two characters reach S rank after chapter 13 can their child still join? Or is it only if they get S rank before Chapter 13?

It's any time after Chapter 13, don't worry about it.

They appear in Gaiden (Side) chapters so I assume they can. It's probably just Krom who has a time limit.

How can Soiree be next to her teenage daughter and NOT look any different? The hell?

The main topic even mentions this but, the answer is time travel. There is no timeskip.

What's set in stone regarding the children, and what's dependent upon parents?

I hear hair color is determined by the father, while the kid itself by the mother. But what of class choices? Is that predetermined or do you mix and match? And I hear something about carried over skills?

And... support conversations. There seems to be a whole ton of them. A LOT more then I expected. Is quality lost?

Edited by Wooster

I think class is set for everyone aside from MUs kid (who seems to inherit the base class of the other partner or tactitian if paired with Krom or a certain spoiler)

I think kids can inherit abilities, but I'm not sure how that works out. No Idea how growths are determined, if they even change.

Edited by L95

Base class is fixed, but Change Seal options might not be.

At least one certain child character has been observed to have variable base stats, and growths are probably variable as well.

So in order for Mark the Tactician to be born, MU has to marry Krom, Spoiler or Olivia. But since Mark is a boy's name, Krom x MU must be the canon pairing

Also, question about Dezel: Could her name be Desiree?

Those stats are ridiculous. 21 STR as a level 10 archer? I mean, I know caps are super high in this game, but that's almost half of 20/20 max stats!

They might have re-classed once or twice to get that kind of STR. I don't know what you're talking about to know for sure, but yeah.

If online play is is confirmed (well, this works even if it isn't) I have the most horrible plan in FE continuity. Wait 'tillall FE4 units are out. Enemy team must include Sigurd. Include tome-user in party. Kill off enemy team systematically and close in on Sigurd. Apply buffs to tome-user. Spam Meteor. Revel in your cruelty. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edited by Only My Unit

Those stats are ridiculous. 21 STR as a level 10 archer? I mean, I know caps are super high in this game, but that's almost half of 20/20 max stats!

In a FE that was released sometime back, there was a level 7 unpromoted unit who came in with 19 Strength, which is seven off of his promoted cap. In other words, this wouldn't be the first time IS released craziness like that.

EDIT: Math is hard, let's post on a forum.

Edited by eclipse