Support Conversations

Actually, just pair Ricken and Lissa. They're close enough age wise.

Really? Lissa and Ricken are the same age? I thought she was, like, 16 and he was eight-ish.

Well, I tend to lower ages in my head. I can never buy Nino is 14. I thought she was eight too.

But I'm not marrying him anyway. Two men can't pair up in my file so Ricken's one. The other's Libra.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the opening post still needs to be updated to include the following translated supports in the specified folders:

MU Paired

Rufure[F] x Sol CBA

Rufure[F] x Wood CBAS

Rufure[F] x Richt CBAS

Rufure[F] x Frederick CBAS

Robin[F] x Vaike CBAS

Rufure[F] x Basilio CBAS

MU Non-paired

Rufure[F] x Flavia CBA

1st Gen Lover

Maribelle x Ricken CBAS

Nono x Sol CBAS

Sariya x Viole CBAS

Tharja x Libera CBAS

Tiamo x Callum CBAS

Velvet x Libera CBAS

Panne x Virion CBAS

Panne x Ricken CBAS

1st Gen Nonromantic

Gaia x Libera CBA

2nd Gen Lover

Mark[F] x Azure CBAS

Mark[F] x Wood CBAS

Lucina x Azur CBAS

Lucina x Chambray CBAS

Lucina x Loran CBAS

2nd Gen Nonromantic

Cynthia x Selena CBA

Lucina x Tiki CBA

Parent-Child/Sibling

Jerome x Viole CBA

Nn x Frederick CBA

Also, thank you Enaeius for those Ricken supports. Seems that line about him being the most liked by animals didn't really play out in his support with Panne, except as subtext ("animal magnetism" + "animal instinct" = "****ing like rabbits", the jokes write themselves), though Maribelle support was not just an age appropriate pairing, but actually a pretty sweet one too. Ricken is really shaping up to be quite similar to Mahou Sensei Negima!'s titular character, Negi Springfield. Which just makes me all the more curious about how his supports with Lissa and Tharja play out.

As to Ein's comment about not knowing their ages above, think about this for a moment: Awakening gives each character an assigned date of birth that triggers a special event, so if they were to give official ages, those would actually be starting ages, which would require that they add code to track each increase to the character's age instead of just a relatively simple event trigger check. Also, if they actually do then track the ages like this, it becomes harder to believe that the characters don't appear to be getting any older, unless they then coded aging into the character models, which would be an even more arduous task. Considering all they did pack into Awakening, asking for specified ages is just too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the complete set of MirielxGrego supports! ^^

I went through and married them for the heck of it on my English copy of the game, and I surprisingly ended up really liking their supports overall. A lot of dialogue was changed and added in the English, some to my dismay, but the meaning of everything is mostly the same, so I don't mind too much. Anyway, I'm still going to be translating and posting here whenever I can manage the time to do so for the sake of my Japanese skills. (Right now I have the time to translate because I managed to fit it into a class assignment, ha ha.)

I'm also working on VakexRonku and CynthiaxLoran... will be posted sometime.

[spoiler=supports (MirielxGrego)]

[spoiler=supports (MirielxGrego C)]

Grego: Hey, Miriel. Would you like to go out for some tea?

Miriel: ...You, why do you always... Go around talking to women with that voice?

Grego: Probably because I am attracted to good women1 by nature's divine providence?1

Miriel: Nature's divine providence... An interesting story. The "good women" you speak of... I wonder what kind of magnetic force they have.

Grego: Hey, that's the way it is. A good woman has an attractive power to a man's eyes. And so, my eyes are fixed on you.

Miriel: Good women... What kind of definition would probably make this distinction?2

Grego: D-Definition?

Miriel: If what you say holds some regularity... a definition and repeatability should exist. I... want to know that.

Grego: Hm... Each definition of a good woman... I'll tell you something like that, right?

Miriel: Is that so... Well then, so you are having difficulty thinking about the definition... And if that's the case... it contradicts with what you said before about nature's divine providence...3

Grego: ...Is it that you always think such a thing exists?

Miriel: Yes... Because that's my life goal.

Grego: I see... This is difficult.

Miriel: And how about the tea? You talked about it in passing...

Grego: N...next chance we have.

Miriel: Is that so.

1 A little clunky in English, but hey, I'm in the mood to really stick with the Japanese. "Good woman" here refers to a woman Gregor finds very attractive and date-able. I guess I could have translated the end of the sentence to "nature's way" or something of the sort, but "nature's divine providence" sounds so much more fun.

2 Meaning she wants to know exactly what makes the women attractive to Grego different from other women.

3 Miriel must think that the "nature's divine providence" Gregor speaks of has a solid definition that he can easily speak about, explaining why some women are attractive to him and others aren't. It's a scientist's job to define natural occurrences, so this only makes sense.

[spoiler=supports (MirielxGrego B)]

Grego: Ah... This is interesting...

Miriel: .........

Grego: Whoa, it has this kind of thing...

Miriel: Am I no longer a good woman?

Grego: !? M-Miriel? You were so quiet standing behind me.

Miriel: The other day... you said good women have the power to pull themselves towards men's eyes. I came to inspect that... Of course, the regularity still doesn't exist. Otherwise... I would still be a good woman...

Grego: No no, you're a good woman. Just now, I was reading this book with enthusiasm and I thoughtlessly neglected you. When a good man can feel a good woman getting closer, he must not make a mistake.

Miriel: A... book?

Grego: I found it earlier... This is surprisingly interesting! The rules, regulations, and definitions became interesting because this was skillfully written. I was enthusiastic and lost the time.

Miriel: Ah... that... is my book. My mother wrote it...

Grego: Mm? Is that so? This is bad.

Miriel: ...?

Grego: Only by accident, I wrote the things I thought of inside it. Sorry.1

Miriel: ...I don't mind. Thank you for picking it up.

1 Of course Grego didn't write in the book by accident. He's just trying to be polite. One common way to be polite in Japanese is to be very, very roundabout in saying what actually happened.

[spoiler=supports (MirielxGrego A)]

Miriel: I wonder... if it's okay to talk to you for a moment? The other day... you wrote your thoughts in my book, right?

Grego: Yeah... Did you come to complain to me because those were stupid things to write?

Miriel: No... Usually, I didn't understand it like that before. Therefore, I want to hear more details about your thoughts.

Grego: Is that so? Do you think I wrote something difficult?

Miriel: Is that right? They aren't difficult subjects. However, you erased a section my mother wrote... In the place of "what makes the theory more practical" you wrote only "experience."

Grego: Ah, so I did. You don't agree with that?

Miriel: That's not it. So far, I did not really think to apply that word there. But if this word is applied to fit the entire writing... This is rude, but I do not think your scholarship is very complete...

Grego: It's not rude. Because that's the way it is. These various things are only learned from life.

Miriel: That was not a sufficient answer to me. Well then, how about if I can learn them?

Grego: It's nothing like that.

Miriel: Eh?

Grego: You don't do anything special. Usually, you accept things as they occur to you. The things that come naturally.

Miriel: That sort of thing... is like that?

Grego: Yeah. If you live too much in a hurry, you'll become unable to see things like that. That's about as much as I can teach you.

Miriel: ...I still don't understand very well yet. I'll think about it.

Grego: Well, think about it in moderation.

[spoiler=supports (MirielxGrego S)]

Grego: Hey, Miriel. Are you reading the book again?

Miriel: Recently, I have been thinking about the various things you said, such as "learning to accept doing nothing," but, as I thought, I cannot understand. I have thought about various phenomenon, for example, research and actual proof, but I wonder, can I not also acquire the things you have?

Grego: Well, I will not deny that.1 I've been saying up to this point that there are also ways aside from this.

Miriel: I wonder...

Grego: Hm... yes. Well then, can you prove something like "love?"

Miriel: "Love..." is it?

Grego: That's right. The feeling from the person you love. The feeling from thoughts of that person. What kind of thing is this?

Miriel: I don't know... The conditions to do so with are vague...

Grego: Well then, let's narrow down the conditions. Right now, I want to give this to you. What kind of feeling is there?

Miriel: ...A ring? This means you want to marry me... But, a problem like this...

Grego: Can you define it? My explanation is difficult,2 so first of all, is this feeling of yours good?

Miriel: I don't know... I certainly can't understand it. My feeling and your feeling. Nevertheless, for some reason or another, I'm happy and I have a feeling that I want to vaguely express gratitude... No, these kinds of things are hopeless, right? I will perfectly logically verify...

Grego: That's right, that's what I'm saying. This mood is indefinitely without a conclusion. Leaving that aside, face your current self and accept the thoughts. From there, aren't new discoveries and experiences emerging?

Miriel: Surely... honestly, if I accept what exists that I cannot understand very well, I will be shown a different world.

Grego: Yeah, things like the structure of a person's thoughts aren't simple to understand. Because, at any rate, it takes a lifetime to learn. After this, let's think together. Because I'll take part in it, too.

Miriel: That's... it, right? First of all, I will accept the happy thoughts I have now. ...After this, forever, you will give your companionship on my quest, right?

Grego: Of course! For our whole lives, together.

1As in he will not deny her scientific theories, and accept them not as lesser, but as a different/alternate way to approach things.

2 Meaning Grego realizes that the entire marriage proposal is probably too much to define at once through her scientific theories. Therefore, he wants to have her think about things individually, starting with her current feeling/emotion is like

Edited by four loose screws

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump, but the OPbeing updated would be rather nice. 8D; Some people might want to compare JAP and ENG scripts.

I hope it'd be okay to bring this thread back up as I agree with this :)

I don't know if the rest will be done, but I'd love to see some. Just kind of curious if they go into more details in the Japanese version too.