New release info- Return of My Unit

http://andriasang.com/comzxh/fire_emblem_details/

According to the article, we'll be able to make our own main character again, this time I'm guessing with a bit more detail than before. It also gives a bit more detail about the story.

The more I find out about this game, the more I want it.

EDIT: Found an image of the Jump scan

http://i.imgur.com/OpvwL.jpg

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MU is coming back? Well that's crappy news. I hope he doesn'r yoink the spotlight and isn't too broken again.

While I was kinda annoyed that FE12 revolved in-game play around him pretty badly for how good he could be, I still like the premise and I hope they don't make him silly again.

For real though, would also not mind if they expanded on how you went about making him. Also, considering the whole art style thing looking rather solidly put together, I wonder how they'll pull the "swap pixels and make MU have awkwardly misplaced hair", or if you'll be allowed to mess with your MU portrait at all.

Also, hope they give more options in that sense. I want scars. I want different facial expressions. Hats. Clothes (Since we see more than just the shoulders as we can see). I wanna have absolute madness.

Additionally, the available classes for MU.<br />Male: Cavalier, Knight, Mercenary, Fighter, Dark Mage<br />Female: Cavalier, Archer, Myrmidon, Pegasus Knight, Mage

Well they balanced out the number of male and female classes... by giving women exclusive access to the class that generally isn't worth bothering with because they can't counter and restrict themselfs to one kill at best if the map isn't spaming mages/archers. Well I guess peg knights are generally some of the most powerful consistently, even when the game's system (Lol GBA weight) works to screw them over. Also: Why is "unpromoted female axe user" such taboo to IS? Only Jill (who only got it as part of her class changing underneath her) has ever done it (well, they could give the option of weapon choice ala FE4 or Jugral).

Anyways, as long as female MU can has yuri, I'm OK.

Edited by deuxhero

Well they balanced out the number of male and female classes... by giving women exclusive access to the class that generally isn't worth bothering with because they can't counter and restrict themselfs to one kill at best if the map isn't spaming mages/archers. Well I guess peg knights are generally some of the most powerful consistently, even when the game's system (Lol GBA weight) works to screw them over. Also: Why is "unpromoted female axe user" such taboo to IS? Only Jill (who only got it as part of her class changing underneath her) has ever done it (well, they could give the option of weapon choice ala FE4 or Jugral).

Anyways, as long as female MU can has yuri, I'm OK.

This post just kinda made me giggle.

"Come on IS, stop being sexist and give the ladies the same class access. Oh, and can we also get some girl on girl action? That would be great."

I would love females to have access to the same classes, but you kinda sent a conflicting message there man.

That was quicker than I thought.

I actually suspected My Unit would appear, but I thought it'd be Krom. Now it looks like Jase and maybe Reflet might be My Units.

Some other stuff:

Krom - Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Iris and captain of the vigilante force, wields the Binding (or Sealed) Blade "Falchion"

This post just kinda made me giggle.

"Come on IS, stop being sexist and give the ladies the same class access. Oh, and can we also get some girl on girl action? That would be great."

I would love females to have access to the same classes, but you kinda sent a conflicting message there man.

No, I just addressed it from a game balance prospective, not a sex balance one. There's other classes that could be used (Solider, Pirate, Master Knight, Baron) to strike a balance better.

Ideally something like

Both - Cavalier (choice of weapon triangle), Archer, Warrior

Male - Merc, Knight, Priest, Pirate.

Female - Myrm, Solider, Anima Mage, Peg Knight

(Actually, we haven't seen priests yet have we? FE1-3/11/12 and FE9 alreddy say it is possible for them to be absent)

Edited by deuxhero

A bit surprised that Krom, as a prince, is also heading up a vigilante group. Something like that just sounds like it'll inevitably cause trouble for Krom. By the way, Vincent, is there any other new info from the scan you were able to glean, or was the Krom's expanded bio the only thing you could see?

After taking a look at the screenshot on the side, I can guess that some of the MU customization options would be hair, hair color, face, and voice, though I can't figure out what the last one would be, unless you also select class on that page.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

I notice he isn't actually described as "crown prince" but merely "prince". I'm going to guess he's not heir apparent (And either A: he will be after The Empire kills everyone ahead of him B: Liz is) he is engaged in military pursuits (like Renning).

Edited by deuxhero

I'm assuming Iris gets invaded and Krom forms his own mercenary vigilante squad or something.

I notice he isn't actually described as "crown prince". I'm going to guess he's like Renning and, not being intended for succession (And either A: he will be after The Empire kills everyone ahead of him B: Liz is Crown Princess) he is engaged in military pursuits.

Has there ever been a FE that indicates somebody as a crown prince(ess)? Zephiel perhaps, but I don't recall any main characters having this title.

By the way, Vincent, is there any other new info from the scan you were able to glean, or was the Krom's expanded bio the only thing you could see?

I'm afraid not, the scan is pretty light on details : (

Edited by VincentASM

Main characters? Not necessarily, but there's several other characters that are acting throne members.

I'm actually a lot more interested in this, if only for the custom battle models that are now possible. Time to deck out the ultimate aesthetic battler :p

Main characters? Not necessarily, but there's several other characters that are acting throne members.

Well, I was thinking they were talking about successors and also the term "crown prince" [王太子] in particular.

Has there ever been a FE that indicates somebody as a crown prince(ess)? Zephiel perhaps, but I don't recall any main characters having this title.

Sanaki: Hmph. And with Crown Prince Renning also dead' date=' there is no one who even knows your face. What am I to do?

[/quote']

Bastian: Indeed. For His Majesty' date=' for the Queen, and...for Crown Prince Renning as well... We must act as one and support our beloved Princess Elincia.

[/quote']

Lyon: I've been bested at fencing by a woman. Pitiful crown prince' date=' am I not?

[/quote']

Innes: And the one giving orders to the troops in the palace is Crown Prince Lyon?

Ephraim:I am Ephraim' date=' Eirika's brother and crown prince of Renais.

[/quote']

So as far as main characters go, only Ephraim, but he's the only noble lord with a sibling that isn't kidnap bait.

Edited by deuxhero

So as far as main characters go, only Ephraim, but he's the only lord with a sibling that isn't kidnap bait.

Okay, I see. I don't think I'll bother checking FE9, but I appear to be half-correct in FE8's case. The term "crown prince", as far I can tell, isn't used in the Japanese version and instead they just use "prince" for Ephraim or "imperial prince" for Lyon.

However, it's just a technicality really. I'm pretty sure they are the crown princes as far as the story is concerned. Just don't expect the character profiles for this game to give any sort of clue : o

Edited by VincentASM

That's a cheap method, Ctrl+F 'Crown Prince' deuxhero

That sword fighter prince from FE8 should also suffice, I think? And Larchel. Though I haven't played either of those for years.

Actually I searched "crown "

Upon looking at the scan, I think you can choose your height/build, as I can see an identical but slightly smaller figure to the right of Mu while he is being created (unless the selected option says "sex"...).

Edited by deuxhero

I just hope they decide to actually translate this one and release it over here... And if they are still releasing the other one, then I hope they do a quicker job. Usually it only takes about 6 months or so right?