New release info- Return of My Unit

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who didn't care for My Unit? Kinda ruins FE12 for me.

I feel the same way. I won't say it killed my motivation to play through it, but it's definitely not helping me want to go back and actually play through it sometime.

I thought MU was amusing, though I wish our choices in the beginning also affected the script, too (so Noble's Child might have problems breaking formal speech, someone who's present is Beautiful might be more vain, etc.) That way, he/she wouldn't feel like a cardboard cutout that was there at the right time.

Upon looking at the scan, I think you can choose your height/build, as I can see an identical but slightly smaller figure to the right of Mu while he is being created (unless the selected option says "sex"...).

It's probably gender. There isn't anything that indicates height/build in those screens, while the first decision that's been ticked on the bottom screen looks like gender.

So will the player's my units have unique battle animations?

I might screech if I can't make a male anima tome using My unit...unless reclass exists to make the initial class choice a little irrelevant.

Dark Mage's generally promote to the anima using Druids.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I thought having a player Avatar in New Mystery was a good move since the original it usually stated to be the most popular game in Japan and it's fun to imagine yourself alongside your favorite characters. It's like a bad fanfic, sure. But it's fun and more engaging then something. I would say it's probably a big part of what makes Kingdom Hearts so fun, too.

But in an entirely new setting, I think a Mary Sue like that would stand in the way of the actual main characters. I'm not very confident about this.

Anyway I totally don't like these gender restrictions. At last in FE12 they could say they didn't have it in the budget to make sprites for female classes which isn't used by any character. But here? If they can't do it probably, maybe they shouldn't have bothered with to include this feature.

Edited by BrightBow

I feel the same way. I won't say it killed my motivation to play through it, but it's definitely not helping me want to go back and actually play through it sometime.

For me at least, it's exactly the opposite. From a gameplay perspective, My Unit (combined with the reclass system and huge cast) makes FE12 one of the most replayable games. The ability to try out different growth spreads, classes, etc. makes it that much more enjoyable. I might have a different opinion with the story translated, but I really look forward to seeing MU in a game with an updated system with skills and such.

Sweet. I really liked the customizability of MU and how broken he could be.

...of course, I'd really only care if this got an overseas release.

I actually meant "priest" in terms of "light magic user class" (FE9 doesn't have light magic use as a class but a skill). FE1-3+remakes have priests, but they use the same magic as mages.

Right, I see then. Well, FE9 still has them. Skill or Rank, it's pretty much the same result: a class with Light Magic access.

Dark Mage's generally promote to the anima using Druids.

Not in 6 or 7. :/:

Great, now Momo the (green) Afro Pirate can return once again to completely break the game.

There better be a fucking skin color option this time.

From what we know, about the new My Unit, is reclassing returning? I can't say it was my favorite feature at all from the DS games, but to even have a My Unit it seems that reclassing would be a very simple mechanic to implement.

In retrospect, I kinda would like to see the character as a central figure in the story, sort of like Isabelle was in Days of Ruin on the DS. Maybe the created character is specifically created/found in order to fight back against the puppet demons? Like some secret weapon--Krom and co. could be trying to conjure up or find this mythical "creature" or legend that would help, and it turns out to be an entity yet to be fashioned. And then you get to determine "what" it is that the world actually needs.

So shifting gears for a moment:

Two sleeping dragons -- one a sacred ally of mankind, the other its sworn destroyer. Two heroes marked with symbols of the dragons. Their meeting heralds the dragons' awakening -- and the world's ending.

This reminds me of Pogeymens B/W. My Unit is FE's version of N.

So, this won't be the same My Unit from FE12, but this My Unit is just more a different character, correct?

Considering how this is a new world, chances are it's a different MU.

In retrospect, I kinda would like to see the character as a central figure in the story, sort of like Isabelle was in Days of Ruin on the DS. Maybe the created character is specifically created/found in order to fight back against the puppet demons? Like some secret weapon--Krom and co. could be trying to conjure up or find this mythical "creature" or legend that would help, and it turns out to be an entity yet to be fashioned. And then you get to determine "what" it is that the world actually needs.

Or they wind up finding where Mark went after the max rank ending of 7.