Masked Man = Marth!!!

Ursula

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with what seems to be Barensia (Valencia?) being in this game, we may get an explanation on the existence of the falchion Mila was sealed in.

(I tihnk Mila was put in one...)

Wait wait wait. One of the Falchions was a sword that sealed a goddess?

What's Krom's sword's name, again?

Wait wait wait. One of the Falchions was a sword that sealed a goddess?

What's Krom's sword's name, again?

It's full title is that of Binding Blade Falchion. Or something like that.

It's full title is that of Binding Blade Falchion. Or something like that.

Alternate translations seem to include Sealing Sword Falchion, or perhaps Confining Sword Falchion.

Two continents, each with their own Falchion. Both continents are now featured in this game. Two characters show up with Falchions. Marth II has one of them; chances are, that's the real Marth's Falchion from FE1. Krom's Falchion, in turn, then seems likely to be the one from FE2. After all, that's the one that functions as a "sealing" (or "confining") sword.

Edited by Othin

Alternate translations seem to include Sealing Sword Falchion, or perhaps Confining Sword Falchion.

Two continents, each with their own Falchion. Both continents are now featured in this game. Two characters show up with Falchions. Marth II has one of them; chances are, that's the real Marth's Falchion from FE1. Krom's Falchion, in turn, then seems likely to be the one from FE2. After all, that's the one that functions as a "sealing" (or "confining") sword.

Though if Krom's is Valencia's, how did it ended up in Iris/Akaneia then? Unless it happened in the backstory...

There's been plenty of time, and from what I understand, there's plenty of travel between the two continents. I can't say I have any real idea as to what the reason might be, but I don't think feasibility is an issue.

Indeed, there are no gender clues whatsever. Okay, sure, they use "boku"... but tomboys and girls trying to pass as guys use that too.

(And hell, we could even translate kenshi as myrmidon, too.)

He's called a boy in the scan, actually:

http://i.imgur.com/NAN07.jpg

Though his in-game portrait looks even more like a girl than the standing artwork, but eh...

perhaps "marth" is another relative of kroms family... a cousin or illigitimate child??¿¿ ....... also i think its likely and it wouuld be better if "marth" was a girl. possibly wearing a mask to hide her gender.

Though his in-game portrait looks even more like a girl than the standing artwork, but eh...

Oops. You're right.

perhaps "marth" is another relative of kroms family... a cousin or illigitimate child??¿¿ ....... also i think its likely and it wouuld be better if "marth" was a girl. possibly wearing a mask to hide her gender.

Though it could also be a mask to hide glowing undead eyes.

Yeah, that's why Gaidens Falchion could kill Doma.

Now, if 'Marths' Falchion has a different name...

Yeah, that's what I'm waiting to find out. But it seems pretty much certain that Krom's sword is named the way it is to differentiate it from the other Falchion, by whatever means.

Well, it's definitely evidence that he's claiming to be male, which makes sense as he's claiming to be Marth. Could still allow for the actual character to be female, but at least it's reason enough to stick to one set of pronouns for now.

Well, we don't really know what the Aum staff's capabilities are, but we do know that Valkyrie Staff has "limits", because Tiltyu asked to have her grandma (or something like that) revived and Claude was all like "nope."

EDIT:

Tiltyu:

Claude, c'mon! We gotta get movin'! Aren't you done prayin' yet?

We can't be messin' 'round here. If pirates showed up, they'd kill us fer sure.

Claude:

I'm coming. By praying to Lord Blagi I've learned the truth behind what's been happening.

It's just as I thought it to be.

I also found our family's Sacred Relic. It's been missing for some time. The Valkilli Staff.

Have a look.

Tiltyu:

Huh? This dirty ol' stick?

Claude:

Tiltyu!

You had better watch what comes out of your mouth.

This staff here? It's magical and can return life to those who have passed on already.

Only one descendant of Saint Blagi can use it, and that's me.

Tiltyu:

Hmm... So can it bring back my sweet grandma?

Claude:

Well, no it can't. You see it has certain limitations, so it won't work on everyone.

You see, we're all born with this life force. It's called 'Aegir' and...

Tiltyu:

Huh? You lost me. You're (yawn...) puttin' me t'sleep.

Anyway, we don't got time for that stuff. We gotta get movin'!

Claude:

Yes, you're right. Let's go.

Edited by Darros

And what's to say that Marth isn't low on this Aegir? Or that There's a super-secret function that Emelina knows about that Claude doesn't? It's never like things can be recrafted to suit the purposes of the devs. Though most of the connections seem to be particularly rooted to the first three games.

It's something we'll find out in a month I guess... Possibly a result of shame because of the world he could not save or something really cliche. Or he's hiding from someone else.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

He's hiding from Shiida because he cheated on her with Krom.

Can this be the new canon.

Please?

But we must ask ourselves, if he's claiming to be Marth, why the mask? Masks are used to hide identities.

Masks were also used to exemplify and show identities. And also used for nothing at all besides adoration. It's not as singular as you lead on.

His mask has so far just as equally shown a lack of anything.

And what's to say that Marth isn't low on this Aegir? Or that There's a super-secret function that Emelina knows about that Claude doesn't? It's never like things can be recrafted to suit the purposes of the devs. Though most of the connections seem to be particularly rooted to the first three games.

Isn't 'Aegir' Quintessence? Didn't realise it was a series spanning thing. In which case, it would be nice if Morphs made a return. What if the mask is to hide his yellowed eyes?

Isn't 'Aegir' Quintessence? Didn't realise it was a series spanning thing. In which case, it would be nice if Morphs made a return. What if the mask is to hide his yellowed eyes?

As was just explained, Aegir was originally mentioned in FE4.

And fuck no.