Rate the Unit, Day 20: Innes

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

haha hey furet eat a dick

now you fuckers better behave yourselves. even you, horace.

I'll go with 7/10. Joins in chapter 10, auto-A rank means he can use any bow, and his support list is pretty good.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Really good Sniper on Eirika's route he comes early enough along with Auto-A and a Silver Bow and pretty great bases and offensive growths. His strong player phase makes up for the cons of being a Bow locked unit.

6.5/10

snipers are one of the worst classes available. there is no way they can ever attack anyone at 1 range. as for Innes, if you'd be using Neimi she'd be better than him by now. give him an iron bow and he won't be killing as much as you'd expect.

5.5/10

I doubt Neimi can be anywhere near as good as Innes in an efficient playthrough, even in a draft run.

Because Neimi sucks.

Edited by Refa

7/10. The only solid bow user in the game. (sorry Ranger Gerik) Give him a Killer Bow and an Eirika support and watch him go to work. Only problem? 1. He's locked to bows. 2. Sniper IS a pretty bad class. Sureshot is a useless skill on someone who should be hitting everything anyway.

Ahh... Yes, our obligatory prepromote sniper!

Innes, what can I say? He has good bases and okay growths; and to pair with the fact that his affinity makes his decent durability go up. He also has an auto-A rank in Bows, which means he needs a little effort to reach that S-rank and get Nidhogg.

His support pool is okay; but the problem is... Do they have vacant slots or are they fast?

But anyways; he is an archer that you'll definitely use and needs little effort to be usable and has a good support pool although they're likely to be full by the time he arrives though.

I shall give him

I really like the guy. He was one of my best units in an FE8 draft a year or two ago. While he's bowlocked, that doesn't really hinder him if you USE YOUR FUCKING HEADS. You just need to harvest a little bit more brainpower to use a Sniper efficiently, and if you do that, then all is well.

A well-deserved 75% from me.

blame my rng if you want, but I have troubles keeping him alive on the desert chapter he joins me.

I don't blame your RNG. I blame the fact that you both provided no justification and assumed Ephraim route.

@Whase: So the crux of your entire argument is "neimi is better"? I'd like that you clarify that.

I don't blame your RNG. I blame the fact that you both provided no justification and assumed Ephraim route.

@Whase: So the crux of your entire argument is "neimi is better"? I'd like that you clarify that.

I would hope you aren't counting Metal King Slime's vote either, as he didn't provide any justification.

As for my vote, Innes is only useful efficiently half of the time (I'm trying not to assume Ephraim's route but take it into consideration at the same time), and he is bow-locked with bad SPD and SKL growth for a bow-user. He has some good supports (Light support with Eirika among others), but his bases don't quite make up for his growths and the fact that he is a bow-user.

2/10

@Railgunz- I would say it does hinder him, and even if you do use your head, he cannot be nearly as effective as other characters (Kyle with a Javelin or Ranger Gerik to name a few) against an average group of enemies. Not being able to counter at least 70% of the enemies in the game has its disadvantages and his stats really aren't special enough to make up for it.

Edited by FireEmblemReignsSupreme

His stats are actually really good, but his class is the worst. He can do the work if you make sure to put him behind someone else, but he's superfluous if you can ORKO enemies on their phase.

4.5/10

He can shoot things for good damage. A rank bows, too. Joins in C10 and need no training to start contributing immediately. Problems include not having a horse and bowlock, but his bases are pretty good and his growths are pretty decent and comes useful right out of the box. Also easy Nidhogg user.

6/10.

I would hope you aren't counting Metal King Slime's vote either, as he didn't provide any justification.

I could do that, or I could just single out Cap'n Flint because because. I could really go both ways on that.

EDIT2: In case this wasn't clearly sarcastic enough: yes, Ein, I want more from you.

And, mate, you're taking Ephraim route into consideration. Don't do that.

EDIT: Do you see what Lumi did? That's a good thing to do.

Edited by Integrity

Decent bases (almost identical to Gerik who joins the same chapter in Eirika route) and enough Con to use the Steel Bow without being slowed down, but his lack of 1 range options and FE8's lack of enemies that you'd REALLY REALLY want a good bow user for hold him back a fair bit. 5/10

He's a good prepromote Sniper. In most games those are decent, but not amazing. He pretty much follows that rule (good chip and picking-off, good against flying, good Bow rank). Better than raising a bow unit yourself, but not zomg-amazing. Still, on Eirika's route (his best) he gets plenty of time to shine.

6.5/10.

Edited by Renall

No enemy phase is bad in an easy game. I don't get why you guys are singing his praises after bashing Lute and Neimi to hell and back. Oh yeah, that's right, because he's a prepromote, and one that doesn't require you to train growth units to recruit (e.g. Geitz, Karla), so he's automatically the best thing ever. Give me a break, on Eirika's route he starts mediocre and ends up terrible.

3/10

Also he sucks on Ephraim route. Just saying.

As for my vote, Innes is only useful efficiently half of the time (I'm trying not to assume Ephraim's route but take it into consideration at the same time), and he is bow-locked with bad SPD and SKL growth for a bow-user. He has some good supports (Light support with Eirika among others), but his bases don't quite make up for his growths and the fact that he is a bow-user.

2/10

@Railgunz- I would say it does hinder him, and even if you do use your head, he cannot be nearly as effective as other characters (Kyle with a Javelin or Ranger Gerik to name a few) against an average group of enemies. Not being able to counter at least 70% of the enemies in the game has its disadvantages and his stats really aren't special enough to make up for it.

Bases>Growths.

Also

His growth spread is good.

45% speed and like 15 base is nice.

And, he can ORKO often on PP.