Who is Kamui?

Ambulz

In a similar vein to the dancer girl thread that I posted, who exactly do you think Kamui is, and what do you think is their significance to the story?

I personally think Kamui is just a noble rather than being a full-blown royal. We've had too many princes and princesses for lords, imo. Ike was a good breather, so let's find a happy medium. Anyway, a noble. Rich enough for maids, obviously. As these things go in this series, we're gonna get thrown into this war, likely against our will. But, going along with Iwata's whole theme of "if", I think we're going to take a much more active role in our decisions of going about fighting the war. As in, we can choose our side, which would determine the chapters you partake in, and the story itself will become much more dependent on our decision. We can potentially go from countryside noble to king of conquerors, and since it was our choice, it would feel fucking sweet. (Oh yeah btw, if I didn't already make it clear enough, I believe Kamui is the new MU.)

Also, I'm indifferent on the whole "Kamui is the dragon ghost choking out not-Ninian at the end of the teaser" thing. I don't think there's enough evidence to sell me on him/her being a dragon. Instead, I think his/her eyes probably just signify Kamui as being a descendant of some important figure with special eyes.

...inb4 "My brand!" joke.

Good ideas however with that one translation talking about a "naive Prince" I don't think that will be the case. I would like it if Kamui was just a noble of sorts, sort of like Lyn! However, if the Kamui is the MU( Which I also believe to be true) I'm kind of excited to play the "prince" role in one of my absolute favorite series.

Kamui as a MU lord is highly possible since if the story becomes more dependent on our decisions, I think making decisions as a Lord has greater impact than that of a tactician imo. (Not to mention the similar sprites with only different looking hair...)

Remember that screenshot where a lord-ish guy (he reminds me more of Inigo) getting mocked as a naive prince? I think he might really be that simple as far as identity goes.

Unfortunately, I believe so too with this... it would have been nice if Kamui is perhaps only a lord or a duke or something along those lines; I'm also a little tired of having the main character be of direct royalty.

The biggest question I have now is which faction he is part of. His armor is Western-esque but he is shown at first to be in an Eastern faction manor. Also, it seems that many of the starting troops are from the Eastern faction too. Maybe he's related to the king in the trailer, and is a captive of the Eastern faction? Or maybe he has defected to the Eastern faction? I feel that whatever his relations are and where his allegiances may be is decided by the player...

Isn't Kamui the name of that northern region in Okami that is covered with ice and snow? I'm going to go with them being the "Lord" character, although I'm really not fond of the idea of him/her being some kind of royalty (even if it's one of the lesser types of royalty).

For me, I still think Kamui is the dragon/lizard-thing that is chocking the dancer. The design between their clothes (both male and female) and the scale design is much too similar for me to not point to a correlation of some kind.

Although if they pull the whole, "The my unit character is actually a dragon!" thing again I'm kinda gonna be disappointed.

I have the feeling they're the brother/sister of Marx/Max. By default they look similar in some ways.

Half brother I could definitely see, and is the kind f thing I'd expect from FE. Full brother? I dunno, has FE ever had a case of one full sibling having a supernatural eye color and the other not?

If our prince/ss is a dragon I don't he/she is a full dragon. Dragon take thousand of years to grow so I think our Kamui won't be that old, Kamui can be a child between a dragon and a human. Doing so can grant him some limited dragon-form usage in the game without making the game a breeze.

I hope that the dancer girl is the lord rather than Kamui, but that doesn't seem likely given that Kamui's map sprite is always placed where lords are on the battle map. That is to say, in the middle of all the troops.

It's not that I don't like the idea of an Avatar lord, I don't want a kid lord. And Kamui looked even younger than Roy, imo. At the least, if Kamui is the Avatar, there should be an older build available just like in Awakening.

I am curious about Kamui's weapon name.Maybe it has a meaning.

The Yato-no-kami(according to wiki) are snake deities(betrayal,evil) living in the fields near the government office(an affiliation with the king).They were rumored to bring familial extermination on anyone who saw them(he was caught by a family doing something he shouldnt have been doing and killed that family member or just killed a family member).Eventually, they were killed by a man clearing the fields, enshrined, and banished to the mountains(He was banished from his country)

What do you think?

Half brother I could definitely see, and is the kind f thing I'd expect from FE. Full brother? I dunno, has FE ever had a case of one full sibling having a supernatural eye color and the other not?

Julius / Julia, maybe?

imo a noble rather than a full ~prince~ would be pretty okay, although that isn't exactly unprecedented.

like FE6 and 7 were both starring lords, not princes(ses)

I have the feeling they're the brother/sister of Marx/Max. By default they look similar in some ways.

I'd be surprised if this were true, Marx/Max is shown on a different side in the trailer to Kamui/Avatar's companions and i would have rather assumed family would be on the same side.

I kind of like the idea that Kamui is some sort of noble obligated to fight for one of the sides in the East/West war, potentially one with dubious morals, and the player can make a decision as to whether they remain loyal their lord/king whatnot, or switch to fight for the 'good' side, but lose their honour and loyalty in the progress.

I'd be surprised if this were true, Marx/Max is shown on a different side in the trailer to Kamui/Avatar's companions and i would have rather assumed family would be on the same side.

Family can be on opposite sides. See Brom and Meg in RD. :P

It's not that I don't like the idea of an Avatar lord, I don't want a kid lord. And Kamui looked even younger than Roy, imo.

Come on, he didn't look all that young for me. He sure looks young, but younger than Roy? Nah, I don't think so. Not even close at least in my opinion.

If I'm getting ths right and this
51ca55386376ab2c440472cb_54b8a80a04c75c9

is Kamui, I'd say that calling him young when he looks as old as Marth or Roy is really pushing it. While most Fire Emblem protagonists look older, I think we can agree that not all of them do.

Family ending up against each other is tragedy commonly found in fiction, Fire Emblem included. Jill and Say'ri are some immediate examples that come to mind with the international releases.

As with the dancer girl, I'll list some various theories.

1. Max/Marx's younger sibling. Defects from their side in a "Dances With Wolves"-esque way and then has the choice to join either side or start his own.

2. Dancer girl's sibling trying to rescue her from the Roman-esque side.

3. The prince/A lord from a neutral third nation that gets caught up in the conflict.

Didn't you watch the trailer? :/

3ds_fireemblem_0114156mk6m.png

From the known info thread. This Kamui looks friggin twelve. >.>

Hm, I'm always reminded of Inigo when I see Kamui... it's probably just the hair style.

He looks more 15/16ish here, like he's in his late teens. Would fit the prince aspect of his character, since it's rare to see lords ruling their own provinces at that age. (Or maybe I'm wrong here...)

Edited by ???

Sorry, but I still have to disagree. I feel he looks 12-13. Even so, I always felt 15-16 was too young too. One reason I don't want to play FE6 is because of all the children characters running around in it. Almost none of them look older than 16 and I feel that an army full of kids is just silly and dumb. I'm really hoping this new game doesn't turn out to be like that...