Should I delete my first file?

Junkhead

It's a little bit bothersome that FE13 only has 3 files available (yes, I am well aware that other FEs had 3 as well), and I won't be getting one of those R4 dongle thingies that shadowofchaos has for extra files.

On my first run, I made a few mistakes like letting a few characters die (didn't bother resetting because I didn't care too much for them), wrong promotions, mistakes like that because I was playing "blind" and hardly knew about the game. I've beat the Paralogues and The Future Past 1, SB2 & LB2.

I kind of want to start another file so I could do the things I didn't do in my other playthrough, but there's that sentimental value for the first run that's keeping it there. I have 37 hours of play there.

You can just make a backup using the recently released 3DS update.

Only if he's got Digital. If he's needing a dongle, he doesn't have Digital.

Don't misconstrue that update, it didn't allow you to back up physical copies. It only let you do something you already could, just without a computer, so it saves you from that moment of overwriting your 305:33 Hour Save with a quick save. If you're using a Physical copy, it don't help you at all.

I kind of want to start another file so I could do the things I didn't do in my other playthrough, but there's that sentimental value for the first run that's keeping it there. I have 37 hours of play there.

I think you'd have to ask yourself if you'd feel more guilty not having things you could have had, or if you'd feel more guilty deleting your first playthrough.

Well if your options are to delete the file or buy another copy, I'd say delete the file.

Besides, does it actually give you enjoyment to be able to load up your original file? Aren't your memories enough?

Well, I have my first one which I still use for DLCs and plan on playing the other Future Pasts, the Scrambles and most likely Apotheosis later on. Then there's this Lunatic file, which I'm on Ch.21 and the last one is empty, but I plan to use that one for drafts OR use it for another HM run to do things I didn't do on my first run.

I'm sentimental about my first files too, so...I would keep it and delete a different one. But if you need the others for specific purposes then...I suppose it can go :( Sorry that wasn't very helpful. I guess I'd only delete it if you simply must have the other 2 files.

• 2 weeks later...

I DELETED IT

In it's honor, will one day do an awesome playthrough so all of SF can see the legend retold!

I would prefer a PT titled "Efficiency fail" in which you use only Low-Bottom Tier characters.

But I appreciate high tier characters in FE, unlike SSBB.

Exactly, the best challenges aren't difficult ones but ones that take the person doing it out of their comfort zone (this still wouldn't be that hard).

Also Low tiers are more fun to use.