Fire Emblem - Crossover Hack 2.0

Mikey Séregon

Try and locate the author(s) of FE7if. They basically doubled or tripled the sound if I remember correctly. Unless you're fluent in Japanese, you may need to machine-garble your way through.

While we're at it, the contacting the authors thing, why don't we "inform" them of how to take responsibility for stealing mugs? :x

Sorry, but mentioning people in the README doesn't make up for the fact that they took it without permission.

Nintenlordさん

文字変更ツールの作者さん

Blackavarさん

MageKnight404さん

inflationさん

GIRLSさん

ajkさん (Probably AK)

dolさん

seph1212さん

Kyoufu kawaさん

sappy 2006 Mod 10の作者さん

FEditerの作者さん

マスターエイリーク(槍)の作者さん(GIRLSさん?)

MIDI製作者の方々

ロダの管理をしている方々

誤字、脱字、設定ミス、バグの報告をしてくださった方々

Edited by shadowofkitty

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

misunderstood

Oh, no, there's no misunderstanding, they stole others' work without permission. If that's too confusing for you, I'd be happy to dictionary up the definition of 'theft' or 'stealing'.

On the topic of the music, I'm still digging that PW insert. Godot's theme is awesome.

Edited by seph1212

Keep that misunderstood discussion to its own thread or PM, no need to clutter someone else's thread about an entirely different hack and not have it be beneficial in any ways.

It's certainly relevant, since you brought up the point about contacting them. If we're going to contact them about one thing, it seems prudent to straighten out blatant cases of sprite theft at the same time, no? (The whole "kill two birds with one stone" phrase, ya know?) If oracle_of_fire is actually going to contact them to find out their means of expanding the Sound Room, then I personally feel that giving him a list of other things to pass along is completely fair.

And, while I'm here, you ain't the sheriff around here, so stop acting so high and mighty and telling everyone else what to do. For starters, the above post is CERTAINLY minimodding, but your overall attitude in places could use some work also.

If you wish to read it as high-and-mighty, feel free. But you're the one investing that intent behind it, so please be responsible about your interpretations. I suggested it go somewhere else because the first suggestion was the contact for help--something which helps with the project. Issues on how people feel about splicing/spriting works of other users being used in an entirely different project isn't exactly relative to this project. While normal discussions are pretty much expected to rove, the discussion for project threads shouldn't really deviate, as its mean entirely as an advertisement for the author of the thread. Not to mention, those who have issue are free to contact the author(s) on their own. But that specific difficulty is one of the very reasons why author-contact wasn't made in the first place. I say misunderstood, because the circumstances of how these sprites came to be known on the uploader is that one specific user created a large archive, showing off various things he saw at oversea sites. Once uploaded, it did mention where, when remembered, the edits/graphics originated from, as you can see in the credits list. I don't remember how much contact information was made available--but the other part of the issue is that when an anonymous uploader has these sprites, the control over who actually does what with them is quite limited. I said misunderstood because there's more context than some mischievous little bugger who went off with sprites they didn't make. Also, the inherent flaw with arguing over "mine mine" with work that isn't really "yours yours" can be a bit of an issue altogether, though it's been discussed over and over at other places and times

I shouldn't be the one suggesting a discussion like this shouldn't clog of a thread that isn't its own. People should have the common sense and decency to know better. Especially a moderator.

Wait, MMZ music was portable into FE games with that little quality loss? Could the same be said for tracks from the other MMZ games? Not to derail the topic, but I'm curious.

I didn't try with other tracks, but I think that MMZ music is 90% compatible with FE7.

Oh, I shoulda mentioned. I made a module called the Sound Room Module. You should be able to expand that like any other table and increase the number of entries. Or well, at least I'd like to think it's that simple. It has pretty much all the details on changing text, which song is played, etc., so that should work okay. Let me know if you need any other help though (via PM preferably).

I'm kinda interested on that *Sending PM*

• 1 month later...

Even though it's not quite done yet, and I can't understand it worth beans, I'm absolutely blown away by what you've got so far!

Best of luck on this project! It looks very promising!gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

EDIT: Moderator(s), I'm sorry... I forgot this was a really old topic. This won't happen again...sad.gif

Edited by Mark the Tactician

If you had bothered to read, it should have been clear.

There was this Japanese hack called FE7iF. They took sprites from people and used them without permission, granted they did mention the people in the readme but thats not valid enough.

Didn't FEGirls do the same thing with Mage Knight's Linoan sprites, yet nobody had their eggs in a basket about that? IIRC they mentioned they couldn't contact him due to language issues yet they credit him in the readme, yet FE7if basically does the same thing, unless I missed something here.

They eventually removed it and replaced it with a Summoner animation, IIRC. And, prior to that, a handful of people were up in arms about it, I do believe. (Though, MK404 might not have cared and let it slide, thus accounting for the lower level of people in a tizzy about it.)

I'll keep this open for now, seeing as the necro was only just over a month. Keep any future posts somewhat relevant though.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Oracle this is looking pretty sweet man! Maybe you could include an english interface (menus, items, etc.) patch. I was also wondering if you could have the tactician as a playable character as well.

Edited by SagginPhobia

• 3 weeks later...

I'm only a couple chapters into the demo so far, but I like it so far. Nothing's pushed on the player too much, and the changes are gradual, which is nice. The music ports are all well done too :)

If you ever need it, I'd be willing to make some maps for your hack. You'd have to insert them and setup events of course, but I could at least supply a mappy file.

EDIT: Ah, the sprite Yuria uses on the map has a small stray pixel on the right side. It shows up during one of the frames, and it looks like it's only there by mistake :E And Thar's battle animation has an effect added for when you hit the enemy--but this effect plays even when you miss, so it still looks like you hit them.

Edited by Celice

If you ever need it, I'd be willing to make some maps for your hack. You'd have to insert them and setup events of course, but I could at least supply a mappy file.

For the moment I'm not working on new maps, but if I need one I'll ask you.

EDIT: Ah, the sprite Yuria uses on the map has a small stray pixel on the right side. It shows up during one of the frames, and it looks like it's only there by mistake :E And Thar's battle animation has an effect added for when you hit the enemy--but this effect plays even when you miss, so it still looks like you hit them

Yeah, I noticed those bugs, I tried to fix the Yuria's one, but for some reason I can't...

I'll try again with GBAGE instead of unlz.

And for Thar's animation, I'll rewrite the code.

Well, I made a little video for the hack:

Another little graphical mishap, next to Rath's right eye, when he blinks, the shading near the side of his head and hair changes suddenly. I'm not sure if the original Rath did the same thing or just your version...

Celica, awesome. Her and Alm I'm gonna be using max :D