Regarding the Report Function.

Fox

I would like to point out to members that the purpose of the report function is for when a member is in severe violation of the rules, and requires staff attention, be it to lock the topic, remove illegal content, or suspend the offending poster. It should be used in moderation, and only in appropriate circumstances. The report function is not your toy to use when someone does something that offends you personally, or something you just don't like. We are not your nannies, we will not coddle you when someone says something that hurts your pwecious feewings.

If I see any more users abusing or misusing the report function, I will not hesitate to hand out warns, and I would encourage fellow staffers to do the same.

I like the cut of your jib.

What's a jib?

But in other news, I assume this announcement is linked to all them reports that happened in the desktop thread.

What's a jib?

But in other news, I assume this announcement is linked to all them reports that happened in the desktop thread.

Partially, but it's been an ongoing problem for a while.

Sounds likes its time for our memberbase of "fucking eleven-year olds" to be made "to act like humans."

Seriously, its not hard to use the report function. You just need to type the offense(s). Stuff like flaming, off-topic, and necromancer.

I just checked the desktop thread. Exactly who I suspected to be involved was involved.

Edited by Miror B.

I know we typically used to just ignore warnings when they happened like this; old FESS mods remember the way we had reports handled, and the way a person or two would completely abuse the system. It's just a matter of the staff having a consensus on how to handle situations like this.

Of course, when your staff has virtually no consensus on anything, whatsoever...