Unconfirmed FE4 tidbits

VincentASM

(Disclaimer: Some of the links might not work)

Intelligent Systems originally planned to do a second designer's notes page for FE4, but never made it in the end. The first page's contents were included in the Fire Emblem: Treasure book, while it's likely the second page's contents were included in a different book (which I've been hoping to get ahold of). The subjects listed for the other book include Akaneia and Judgral's relationship and the Curse of the Gaebolg (the latter of which I might cover later), but there's probably more (hopefully).

Akaneia and Jugdral's relationship

According to Fira's Room, a Japanese fansite:

"The continent of Akaneia and the continent of Jugdral co-exist in the same world. However the difference in level of civilisation between the two is as different as heaven and earth. The Miracle of Darna of Judgral was the battle between the Divine Dragons and Medeus's Earth Dragons, which was known as the Guardian God Naga's Battle."

Meanwhile, according to the Japanese wikipedia page:

"During Akaneia year -740 (1340 years before the beginning of FE1), the Guardian God Naga's Battle, Archbishop Galle witnessed the Dark God's descent at Akaneia (which occured in Jugdral year 440, around 320 years before the beginning of FE4). So there is a 1000 year gap between FE1 and FE4 (with FE4 taking place first chronologically)."

This information seems fairly credible to me, although it makes me wonder how Jake was able to mistake Linda for Rinda/Linde in FE4. So Anna and Jake can time-travel as well as travel between continents? o__o

EDIT

Fixed a mistake in the second part.

Edited by VincentASM

Jake also seems to have the amazing ability to alter his appearance. He must be a divine dragon like Chainy, which means Anna must be a Fire Dragon.

Jokes aside, this is some interesting information. I had a feeling that the two continents were connected.

Or maybe they're just mascots for fan-service.

OR maybe they were thrown on Jugdral due to a blackhole.

Great stuff, Vincent!

If the Darna miracle = the battle between dragons, I guess it does need a bit of tweaking (though I haven't heard FE1/3's version of the story), but I can see it to be meant that way. If this is true I guess it also means that Lopto can't be the same as Medeus (if I get it the right way) : /

And I always thought FE4 would be after FE1, but this makes sense.

Makes me wish that FE12 comes soon and it will be either Akaneia or Jugdral. Also, you made me curious about the curse of the Gaebolg.

(There was a mistake in the version you quoted ~VincentASM)

Edited by VincentASM

If you manage to get hold of that other page, I'm sure someone will be willing to translate it.

*cough*

This information seems fairly credible to me, although it makes me wonder how Jake was able to mistake Linda for Rinda/Linde in FE4. So Anna and Jake can time-travel as well as travel between continents? o__o

Maybe the details of relation were an afterthought?

If the Darna miracle = the battle between dragons, I guess it does need a bit of tweaking (though I haven't heard FE1/3's version of the story), but I can see it to be meant that way. If this is true I guess it also means that Lopto can't be the same as Medeus (if I get it the right way) : /
(Possible FE3 spoiler)

Presumably not, FE3 indicates that at this point Medeus was still loyal to Naga. My guess is that Loputousu was the leader of the wild Earth Dragons, possibly even metamorphosed into a Dark Dragon as in FE3.

Good stuff. Interesting to know that it's possible for Akanaea and Judgral to exist in the same universe (and it makes sense since they have similar lore).

I remember talk on GameFAQs concerning FEDS' Nagi being female, and that it wasn't the first time Narga took the form of a beautiful maiden, as mentioned in FE4.

Curse of the Gaebolg

This one seems fairly straightforward.

"Nova married and lived happily together with a knight who was friends with her elder brother. However her husband and King Dain got into an argument and fought eachother. Nova entered their battle to try and stop them fighting, but in the midst she killed her beloved husband with the Gaebolg. This event was just the beginning; Nova committed suicide and King Dain also died a mysterious death. Afterwards, various incidents occured in the Lenster royal family and it became known that the Gungnir and Gaebolg call out to one another and the Gaebolg was the lance that caused love and sorrow."

(Source)

"Dain and Nova were two siblings within the 12 Crusader, who wielded the Heaven Lance Gungnir and Earth Lance Gaebolg respectively. Their relationship was so good that people were envious and together they ruled the Thracian peninsula. Nova married a friend of her elder brother, Dain. The two lived happily together, until for some reason(?) her husband and Dain fought eachother. Nova intended to stop the two fighting, but she killed her beloved husband with the Gaebolg. Afterwards Nova committed suicide and Dain died a mysterious death. During Chapter 3, Ethlin was afraid to give Cuan the Gaebolg since she knew of the tragedy. Actually, the same misfortune befalls Areone and his foster sister, Altenna..."

(Source)

To be honest, I'm not sure what the comment about Altenna and Areone is referring to. I'm assuming it's the stuff that happens in Chapter 9 or the Final Chapter.

Edited by VincentASM

In FE5, Areone is mentioned to have survived in Dean's ending.

After the war, Dean accompanied the injured Arione to Southern Thracia. It was another several years before Dean emerged again as the commander of the New Kingdom of Thracia's Dragon Knights.

I think the idea is that they were able to break the curse. Or at least keep it from killing them. Love and all that nonsense.

Didn't help Cuan much though.

Another thing I found interesting. Unfortunately I couldn't find a second source that didn't give a dead link.

The person who mentioned this was replying to somebody who was wondering why Nodion wasn't the ruler of Agustria - which I'm sure quite a few people have been wondering. Apparently they quoted the same book that contained the above two pieces.

"Hezul, the Black Knight, formed the Agusty royal family, but the holy markings (which only appear at a certain age and the exact age can vary wildly from person to person) appeared on the youngest daughter who was married off to the Nodion royal family. After that, the holy markings continue to appear within the Nodion royal family members and the Mistolteen was transferred to the Nodion royal family on the condition that they swear an oath of loyalty to the Agusty royal family. The direct descendants of Hezul are those of the Agusty royal family (eg. Shagaal)."

(Source, see post 48397)

Edited by VincentASM

• 3 months later...

To be honest, I'm not sure what the comment about Altenna and Areone is referring to.

Prehaps the curse has something to do with how no one knows that it is Cu Chulainn's spear and translates it wrong almost every time it is used in a videogame?... Sorry.

Anyways, interesting how this came out in 1996 and we only now learn of it.

Edited by deuxhero

A thought on the curse of Gae Bolg.

Whoever's of the Gae Bolg family dies a death that is caused by Gungnir in some form (psychologically with Nova, diresctly at the hands of Trabant). However, Altenna has one thing out of place compared to these others, that beong she loves the one who wields the Gungnir. A union that would break the curse.

This didn't gelp all the past decendents because they didn't love whoever had the Gungnir (usually for good reason). Besides, that would be awkward, Cuan and Trabant...Ew, Trabant.

A thought on the curse of Gae Bolg.

Whoever's of the Gae Bolg family dies a death that is caused by Gungnir in some form (psychologically with Nova, diresctly at the hands of Trabant). However, Altenna has one thing out of place compared to these others, that beong she loves the one who wields the Gungnir. A union that would break the curse.

This didn't gelp all the past decendents because they didn't love whoever had the Gungnir (usually for good reason). Besides, that would be awkward, Cuan and Trabant...Ew, Trabant.

Are you sure? The game and outside references don't refer to a many examples of the curse. The generations that we don't know about could have been killed in other ways. The bolded claim, we don't know for sure about and I was under the impression Nova and Dain loved each other too right (the non-Lachesis way)? Besides doesn't something bad happen between Arione and Altena?

• 2 weeks later...