I understand that flight is important, and it doesn't make the comparison fairer. Titania loses out by taking the Boots because she'd rather give them to Jill or Tanith and invalidate some of Marcia's turn gain advantages than take them herself.
Problems with Jill:
1. By far the most important one is that she might not even be recruited. Recruiting her costs around 5-6 turns in itself, which is very significant when you want to play efficiently.
2. Horrible resistance. At level 10 promoted, Marcia basically has 7 resistance over Jill.
3. She has some speed issues, which prevent her from doubling bosses like Homasa, Ena, Petrine, and Bertram. All of these units have
to be killed to clear the chapter.
Problems with Tanith:
1. By the time she appears, you've already lost some turn cuts in Chapter 16, 17-2 and 17-4.
2. Overall lame bases, which is incredibly important if you want a Tanith solo. Marcia at level 10 promoted has +5 HP, +3 Str, +3 Skl, +1 Def and +3 Res over her, whereas Tanith has +5 Luk. Great speed but crappy strength, which again, prevents her from killing the aforementioned bosses. Even Marcia with 23 strength can't kill Ena and Petrine, but she can bring them down enough for a siege tome user to kill them, whereas Tanith can't.
I think it might be a good idea to consider Jill vs. Marcia:
Chapter 3: I'll give this to Jill, because it costs one turn to recruit Marcia. Jill, 0.5
Chapter 9: Again, giving it to Jill. It's two turns this time instead of one. Jill, 1
Chapter 10: Marcia, 1
Chapter 11: Marcia, 1
Chapter 12: Marcia, 1
Chapter 13: Marcia can ORKO the ravens whereas Jill can't without a Speedwing. Marcia, 0.5
Chapter 14: Giving it to Marcia here, because I believe Jill is unable to reach the boss without Mordecai's Smites. Feel free to correct me. Marcia, 0.5
Chapter 15: No advantage
Chapter 16: Jill has an easier time killing the boss of this chapter than Marcia does, but on the other hand, Jill can't even be shoved by Lethe or Mordecai (untransformed). No advantage.
Chapter 17-1: No advantage
Chapter 17-2: Marcia, for being able to be shoved by Lethe and Muarim. Marcia, 0.5
Chapter 17-3: No advantage
Chapter 17-4: Same reason as before. Marcia, 0.5
Chapter 18: No advantage
Chapter 19: Marcia, 1, since she can kill Homasa.
Chapter 20: No advantage
Chapter 21: Marcia, 0.5, for being able to double Ena without needing a Speedwing.
Chapter 22: No advantage
Chapter 23: Marcia, 0.5, for being able to double Petrine.
Chapter 24: No advantage
Chapter 25: Giving it to Jill here, because her bases are more suitable for this rout map. Jill, 0.5
Chapter 26: Marcia can double Bertram. Marcia, 0.5
Chapter 27: Going to give it to Jill here, because of those pesky tigers. Jill, 0.5
Chapter 28: No advantage.
Endgame: No advantage.
Edited by Aeine, 10 August 2012 - 12:47 PM.