Resignation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#21 Agro

Agro

ilyana as a japanese schoolgirl

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

"Keeping your mouth shut to avoid making people angry" is not something you, as the root administrator, should be doing.

#22 Jyosua

Jyosua

Resident Administrative Lurker

• Root Admin
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

"Keeping your mouth shut to avoid making people angry" is not something you, as the root administrator, should be doing.

Telling the root administrator what to do is not something that you, as a member, should be doing.

And just as a note, 'people' referred only to Popo, and anyone she discussed it with. Not the memberbase.

#23 Crystal Shards

Crystal Shards

Iced Out

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Telling the root administrator what to do is not something that you, as a member, should be doing.

And just as a note, 'people' referred only to Popo, and anyone she discussed it with. Not the memberbase.

You really shouldn't have the right to call yourself a root until you act like one.

Also, I call bullshit for two reasons: one, your members own you. Two, he didn't tell you what to do. He told you what you shouldn't be doing. And he's fucking right.

Edited by Crystal Shards, 23 September 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#24 Popo

Popo

• Retired Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

Congrats on your hard work, Popo.

Boo on you, Josh, for blatantly and willingly ignoring this. Again.

Chris, shut the fuck up. She basically had her mind made up from the start: Anything I said, wouldn't have changed her decision. I know, because I tried, originally.

And Popo, you know I don't want you to leave. I respect your decision though, which is basically why I never responded after our initial conversation. I figured, if you were going to really resign, it was up to you to make the initiative and do it.

(I deleted it because shortly after posting, I saw your edit.)

I did make the initiative--I contacted you, and expressed my desire to leave. If contacting the root administrator isn't taking initiative, I really don't know what is. I don't mean to lecture you, but you barely reacted to my message. I can't even call your attempts to "convince me to stay" halfhearted, because they were nonexistent. You basically said, "Yeah... things aren't going to change around here..." and let the dialogue between us die on the table. The least you could have done was give me your blessing, or even just demote me outright. Anything to show that we were in agreement and that the issue had been resolved.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. I've announced my retirement, and will surely be demoted soon.

Initiative in my book is making your resignation topic, like this.

Look, I told you, we have nobody to replace you, hoping that would change your mind. It didn't, and you gave more excuses, like the age and attitudes of the memberbase. I admitted that those may pose problems, and they likely won't change anytime soon. What else am I supposed to say? If I said any more, it would have likely pissed you off, because I was NOT happy with you wanting to resign. I chose to remain silent, and now you guys are all chastising me for keeping my fucking mouth shut to avoid making people angry? You can all screw off, in that case.

You're joking, right? Have you seen me get mad, Josh? Have I ever lashed out at you? No. There's nothing you could have said in that situation to anger me to the point where it would have been necessary to stay silent. Don't accuse me of making bullshit excuses when you're the one struggling to cover your own ass. I wanted to leave here amicably--honestly, I did--but it looks like that's not going to be the case. Once again, your gigantic fucking ego and inability to swallow your pride and man-up has hindered your ability to show any humility or signs of rational thinking. How many times has this happened again? How many people have left you, this site, or both because of your behavior? Think about that one.

Peace Out. I'm done.

To the rest of you? Thanks for the warm wishes--I appreciate it. :)

#25 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

See ya. And this thread is finished. Look, you started this by getting Chris on my ass with that one line in your initial post. You wanted to leave here amicably? Bullshit. You wouldn't have posted that line then. And accusing me of not being able to man up? Look, I'll say what I wanted to say when you first approached me about the subject:

Look, we've lost how many moderators in the past few months, and now you want to leave, simply because the forums no longer interest you, and the people are basically too childish for your likings? I don't think you understand the fact that, we don't have a pool of replacement staff just sitting around waiting to be picked from. Every time we lose staff, it hurts, even if they weren't AS active as they should have been. If you realize this, you still want to leave? That settles it then, you care nothing for this board, or any of it's members, so I'm not even certain having you as a moderator in the first place was a wise decision. Chris recommended you, but then again Chris recommended Fox as well, and we see how well THAT turned out.

----------------

Now that I've said that, the NEXT person that accuses me of letting my ego get in the way, or being unable to man up, is getting their ass kicked. I don't give a shit who you are, but I'm running the place, and I'm sick of all the fucking talk back. If you don't like it, get the fuck out. If you just want to hang out and discuss the Fire Emblem series, or whatever else we have forums here for, please, be my guest, and make yourselves at home. BUT, if you intend to backseat moderate, call me names, or otherwise disrespect me, I'm going to knock the shit out of you, and make your stay here the most unpleasant one you've ever had.

Actually, I think I'll let the thread stay open. I don't feel like closing it, and part of me hopes someone disregards my warning.

Also, @ Crystal, as we've seen with Blacken, being RIGHT doesn't mean jack shit if you're a dick. And I'm sorry, but Angelix always strikes me as a conceited dick in his posts.

#26 Eaichu

Eaichu

Legend

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

everyone calm down

#27 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Shawn, I know you're just trolling. Stop.

And Laylea, stop posting. Now.

#28 OldMan

OldMan

/glassesadjust

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

Joshua, getting this defensive gets you (and the forum) nowhere.

It's just open drama. Delicious for those who want to eat popcorn, bitter for those who care.

#29 Eaichu

Eaichu

Legend

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

Shawn, I know you're just trolling. Stop.

am not

you should be like

"Guys, let's calm down. Now."

#30 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

It's just open drama. Delicious for those who want to eat popcorn, bitter for those who care.

Well, it's either that, or the other two options:

A) Let them talk shit about me all they want

or

B) Become a fascist, and kick everyone's ass who speaks up

More and more, I'm beginning to lean towards B, because obviously getting defensive doesn't work, and letting them talk shit is just counterproductive. But B comes with the side effect of scaring members away.

#31 Eaichu

Eaichu

Legend

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

jerk

edit: a cool one tho

B)

Edited by Eaichu, 23 September 2009 - 10:22 PM.

#32 OldMan

OldMan

/glassesadjust

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

or

More and more, I'm beginning to lean towards B, because obviously getting defensive doesn't work, and letting them talk shit is just counterproductive. But B comes with the side effect of scaring members away.

Or maybe you should look for a hidden third option.

#33 Laylea

Laylea

hey i'm pretty cute

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

hehehehehe

This internet business is so serious... :facepalm: Cool down, Joshua!!! I could fry an egg on your forehead right now.

#34 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

or

And what might this hidden third option entail?

#35 OldMan

OldMan

/glassesadjust

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

or

"Keeping the drama private."

Of course, I don't mean censorship. We don't need to see you taunting Bus, discussing with Popo or anything like that; you can easily do that via PM/IM. There is no reason for the community to see that kind of conflict.

#36 Eltoshen

Eltoshen

crossknight of silvail

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

Most people are apathetic to this whole issue anyways, so don't even worry about it, Josh.

#37 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

or

"Keeping the drama private."

Of course, I don't mean censorship. We don't need to see you taunting Bus, discussing with Popo or anything like that; you can easily do that via PM/IM. There is no reason for the community to see that kind of conflict.

I'm going to go with my inner first grader here, and say "They started it".

On that note, I'm tired. Night.

#38 Eltoshen

Eltoshen

crossknight of silvail

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

Goodnight. Hopefully the whole thing blows over by tomorrow since everybody seems to have their panties in a bunch right now.

#39 Don Draper

Don Draper

That is a roach. Letís go someplace darker.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

Why the fuck does this forum have this much drama? For fucks sake, this is a FIRE EMBLEM message board. Why does everybody have to make everything into a big deal. Nothing on the Internet should EVER be a big deal. I experience enough drama in real life, I don't need to read about pointless drama on a fucking gaming internet message board.

Everyone should step back, realize what medium they are arguing on, and calm the fuck down.

Edited by IOS, 23 September 2009 - 11:02 PM.

#40 Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

Hates it when people say "MU"

• Global Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

Did I miss the drama?

Damn, I'm always out when this stuff happens.

Hey Popo, it wasn't my fault or anything, but I feel sorry that your resignation topic kinda blew up. Have a good life, alright?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users