Resignation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#1 Popo

Popo

• Retired Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Hey, everyone. :) I just wanted to take a moment and officially announce my resignation from the staff. (Sorry for going ahead with this Josh, but you failed to get back to me and have essentially ignored me for the last three weeks.)

I feel that it is in the site's best interest for me to relinquish my current position as a moderator due to extremely low activity levels on my part, and a general lack of interest in the forums. I honestly don't come here nearly as often as I should, primarily due to waning interest and school, and have grown rather apathetic towards both the Fire Emblem fandom and SF community alike. Many of the users I previously enjoyed talking to no longer post here, or post here infrequently, and as I get older, I find it increasingly more difficult to connect with the target member-base. I know I wasn't here for very long--not even a year--but I enjoyed getting to know you all. Thanks for giving me a chance.

At this point, I know some of you are probably wondering who will be taking care of the badges and graphics for the site. To be honest, I don't have an answer. If anyone wants to step up and try their hand at making badges, go for it. Present them to the staff, post them--preferably not in this thread--around the site, make a new topic, etc. I'll still be updating my art thread, but I currently don't have the time or interest in working on graphics. (Especially when there are members out their who have way more talent and expertise in this area than I do.) ;D

Edited by Popo, 23 September 2009 - 06:41 PM.

#2 Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox of Fire

"MU" only exists in FE12

• Global Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

But, but....Now there are no female staff members. D:

#3 Wang Yuanji

Wang Yuanji

The Beauty with the Piercing Eyes

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

Question: Are you still going to pop in once in a while when your not actually busy?

If so then, I guess it's safe to say good luck I guess. Despite the fact that I don't really know you TBQH...

#4 Popo

Popo

• Retired Moderator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

Question: Are you still going to pop in once in a while when your not actually busy?

If so then, I guess it's safe to say good luck I guess. Despite the fact that I don't really know you TBQH...

I'm sure I'll stop by occasionally, for one reason or another. :3

#5 OldMan

OldMan

UnsympatheticEnd

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

(Especially when there are members out their who have way more talent and expertise in this area than I do.) ;D

No need to be humble. But anyway, I have a feeling that this subject won't fully resurface until we get a new skin.

In before we're supposed to make a skin, too.

Enjoy your retirement, Popo. :newyears:

Edited by TheEnd, 23 September 2009 - 07:05 PM.

#6 Woodshooter

Woodshooter

Me sister hits harder than you!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

Another one bites the dust hey hey~

Oh well, enjoy your retirement and best of luck for the future, Popo :newyears:

#7 Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

OBJECTION!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

Three weeks? Wow...

Good luck in college Popo.

#8 Superbus

Superbus

Retired Idiot Molester

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sword of Seals

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Congrats on your hard work, Popo.

Boo on you, Josh, for blatantly and willingly ignoring this. Again.

#9 Chalis

Chalis

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Good luck and know that it was great having you.

It's only natural that one of the most welcoming mods deserves a friendly adieu!

Visit once in a while, 'kay? Else I be forced into stalking your dA. :newyears:

#10 Crystal Shards

Crystal Shards

Iced Out

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

Well, you know what I think of this whole situation, Popo, considering we've been talking about it for over a month. I will obviously still see you on Facebook and Mercury Ice, and YIM of course, and I wish you the best in your college conquests. I'm sure Josh realized he lost a good mod in you.

Edited by Crystal Shards, 23 September 2009 - 08:23 PM.

#11 Jyosua

Jyosua

Resident Administrative Lurker

• Root Admin
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

Chris, shut the fuck up. She basically had her mind made up from the start: Anything I said, wouldn't have changed her decision. I know, because I tried, originally.

And Popo, you know I don't want you to leave. I respect your decision though, which is basically why I never responded after our initial conversation. I figured, if you were going to really resign, it was up to you to make the initiative and do it.

#12 Superbus

Superbus

Retired Idiot Molester

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

Chris, shut the fuck up. She basically had her mind made up from the start: Anything I said, wouldn't have changed her decision. I know, because I tried, originally.

And it's your job to respect that. I didn't say to change it. I said that she's been talking about it for a month and a half, and finally resigned three weeks ago. So I will not shut the fuck up.

#13 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Wow you guys responded while I was editing my post.

See http://serenesforest...ndpost&p=587857

#14 Superbus

Superbus

Retired Idiot Molester

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Are you serious? She sent you multiple messages. You hoped this would go away.

You're either disingenuous or incompetent. Pick one.

EDIT: Where's Popo's last post?

Edited by Superbus, 23 September 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#15 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

Get your facts straight. We discussed this up until the 2nd. After then, the chain of messages stopped, because I didn't really see anything that I needed to reply to. On the 14th, she sent me a message saying that we never really finished discussing it, but as I felt the discussion was pretty much over anyways (I have no idea what she wanted to discuss further, she already made up her mind about resigning...) I never responded. I figured she'd just resign soon after that and it would be done with.

As for her last post, she deleted it.

#16 Crystal Shards

Crystal Shards

Iced Out

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

Who the fuck cares? She left because she was a graphics monkey. You wasted a resource. It doesn't fucking matter anymore.

#17 Popo

Popo

• Retired Moderator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

And Popo, you know I don't want you to leave. I respect your decision though, which is basically why I never responded after our initial conversation. I figured, if you were going to really resign, it was up to you to make the initiative and do it.

(I deleted it because shortly after posting, I saw your edit.)

I did make the initiative--I contacted you, and expressed my desire to leave. If contacting the root administrator isn't taking initiative, I really don't know what is. I don't mean to lecture you, but you barely reacted to my message. I can't even call your attempts to "convince me to stay" halfhearted, because they were nonexistent. You basically said, "Yeah... things aren't going to change around here..." and let the dialogue between us die on the table. The least you could have done was give me your blessing, or even just demote me outright. Anything to show that we were in agreement and that the issue had been resolved.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. I've announced my retirement, and will surely be demoted soon.

#18 WyvernSageLord

WyvernSageLord

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

*Sigh* And here I thought that Popo would have a civilized leave... ~_~

Or rather hopelessly hoped it.

Edited by WyvernSageLord, 23 September 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#19 Superbus

Superbus

Retired Idiot Molester

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Get your facts straight. We discussed this up until the 2nd. After then, the chain of messages stopped, because I didn't really see anything that I needed to reply to. On the 14th, she sent me a message saying that we never really finished discussing it, but as I felt the discussion was pretty much over anyways (I have no idea what she wanted to discuss further, she already made up her mind about resigning...) I never responded. I figured she'd just resign soon after that and it would be done with.

As for her last post, she deleted it.

You know what? I've had it with being double talked to like I'm some johnny-come-lately 14 year old asking where Marth and Roy are. You're fucking hopeless. Toss off.

#20 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

(I deleted it because shortly after posting, I saw your edit.)

I did make the initiative--I contacted you, and expressed my desire to leave. If contacting the root administrator isn't taking initiative, I really don't know what is. I don't mean to lecture you, but you barely reacted to my message. I can't even call your attempts to "convince me to stay" halfhearted, because they were nonexistent. You basically said, "Yeah... things aren't going to change around here..." and let the dialogue between us die on the table. The least you could have done was give me your blessing, or even just demote me outright. Anything to show that we were in agreement and that the issue had been resolved.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. I've announced my retirement, and will surely be demoted soon.

Initiative in my book is making your resignation topic, like this.

Look, I told you, we have nobody to replace you, hoping that would change your mind. It didn't, and you gave more excuses, like the age and attitudes of the memberbase. I admitted that those may pose problems, and they likely won't change anytime soon. What else am I supposed to say? If I said any more, it would have likely pissed you off, because I was NOT happy with you wanting to resign. I chose to remain silent, and now you guys are all chastising me for keeping my fucking mouth shut to avoid making people angry? You can all screw off, in that case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users