Photo

How Many People Are Happy With These Forums?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Poll: How Many People Are Happy With These Forums? (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy with the forums the way they are now?

1. Yes (57 votes [78.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.08%

2. No (16 votes [21.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.92%

Vote

#21 Santino

Santino

Silent pirate

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

I'd say it is a very good forum where people can get what they want mostly and enjoy. Game sections are good, creative sections are good, fftf is good. I do miss the old green skin, but that's really not important imo. Obvious downside is all the drama and the damage the forum takes from the hostility that has been at times (though it has been entertaining at times, sorry if anyone takes offense from that), but apart from that it's a very good forum. And site, of course.

#22 Jyosua

Jyosua

Resident Administrative Lurker

• Root Admin
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

I'd say it is a very good forum where people can get what they want mostly and enjoy. Game sections are good, creative sections are good, fftf is good. I do miss the old green skin, but that's really not important imo. Obvious downside is all the drama and the damage the forum takes from the hostility that has been at times (though it has been entertaining at times, sorry if anyone takes offense from that), but apart from that it's a very good forum. And site, of course.

Seeing the forum administrator make a fool of himself is always entertaining to those not stuck in the middle of the drama. :awesome:

#23 General Spoon

General Spoon

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

Seeing the forum administrator make a fool of himself is always entertaining to those not stuck in the middle of the drama. :awesome:

Personally, I think that you need to have different people in the middle of the drama. It does get old when its always the usual suspects. Try and mix things up a little, maybe throw a lurker or a new user into the drama next time :lol:

Other than it always being the same people "stuck in the middle of the drama", I like this site.

Edited by General Spoon, 27 September 2009 - 06:05 PM.

#24 Crystal Shards

Crystal Shards

Iced Out

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

No.

- Consistency with staff decisions, all the way down to warnings. None of this "I like you better" or "You aren't as offensive as this other person" bullshit. Either someone breaks the rule or they don't.

- Better rules. Being worked on.

- Transparent way of accepting criticism and suggestions for improvement Fixed

- Stop blaming difficulties on the member base. The staff lets them get away with the shit they pull, and because the staff is so hostile toward any kind of suggestion for change, the member base is going to be hostile toward the staff. Being worked on, I presume.

- Utilize your staff and any future staff members you have.

I really don't give a shit about the skin or anything; this one doesn't blind my eyes.

Well, I don't think a reviews section is a bad idea, however, I would like to suggest that you visit Crystal Mercury's site mercuryice.com. Her site is mostly a reviews site of various games, and other media, but it's not got a massive number of members, so the environment will undoubtedly be nice.

Thanks. It is generally a non-hostile environment, though we have our share of drunkards (okay well there's like two). Thankfully my suicide-faking ex doesn't show up very often at all anymore.

#25 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

- Consistency with staff decisions, all the way down to warnings. None of this "I like you better" or "You aren't as offensive as this other person" bullshit. Either someone breaks the rule or they don't.

I know which incident in particular you're referring to, for the most part, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't even notice the inconsistency when it was made.

- Utilize your staff and any future staff members you have.

I'd like some clarification as to what you mean here.

Well, I don't think a reviews section is a bad idea, however, I would like to suggest that you visit Crystal Mercury's site mercuryice.com. Her site is mostly a reviews site of various games, and other media, but it's not got a massive number of members, so the environment will undoubtedly be nice.

Thanks. It is generally a non-hostile environment, though we have our share of drunkards (okay well there's like two). Thankfully my suicide-faking ex doesn't show up very often at all anymore.

No problem. Each forum tends to have it oddities, so that comes as no surprise. I really ought to make an account there though, I generally dislike reviews at larger sites due to bias.

#26 Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

Deceiver Of The Gods

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Seeing the forum administrator make a fool of himself is always entertaining to those not stuck in the middle of the drama.

Not really. To be honest, its kinda embarrassing. Sarcasm and cheek aside, the admin should not be subject to drama whatsoever.

On topic: Yeah its fine here. Theres that lack of skin and lack of badges that were promised but its not a big deal. I STILL think there should be a Pokemon subforum in other games but its been shot down before and probably will again.

#27 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Seeing the forum administrator make a fool of himself is always entertaining to those not stuck in the middle of the drama.

Not really. To be honest, its kinda embarrassing. Sarcasm and cheek aside, the admin should not be subject to drama whatsoever

... That was sarcasm... thus the awesome face.

#28 Pride

Pride

Low-Budget Prince

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

Seeing as I only come here to relieve boredom, I've got no problems with the place.

#29 Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

OBJECTION!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

Cool. Thanks Jyo. :D

#30 Lux Aeterna

Lux Aeterna

The TRUE sniper rifle enthusiast!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

Although there's one place here I tend to be at, that doesn't mean I'm unconcerned.

I'm a little troubled by all the fighting that's been going on, because I'm not sure how that'll turn out if it keeps on happening...

But overall, I'm giving it a yes. : D

#31 Agro

Agro

ilyana as a japanese schoolgirl

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

Voted "no" because there are a lot of things that were proposed and planned but never put through. Also, too many strikethrough conversations invading threads - it's one of the main reasons I stopped posting the FE boards.

#32 Balcerzak

Balcerzak

拝啓殺人者様

• Global Moderator

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

Yes. I am satisfied with the site. My Fire Emblem interest comes in waves. When I'm hooked on a game/playthrough, I spend altogether too much time here. I thoroughly enjoy reading tier lists and debates, as well as playthrough logs/questions/etc (for games I've played only, ofc), but have never had enough time nor inclination to really get immensely involved. Recently I've been on a bit of a wane for Fire Emblem, as a bunch of other things have picked up in my other spare time interests (some of you know what I'm talking about, for others, it doesn't much matter). However, it's still fun to occasionally drop by, as for the most part I enjoy the memberbase.

A skin is a non-issue. Sure I like the custom skin, and over the long course of time, you really start to notice the lack, but ultimately when it comes to form vs function, I've always come down strongly on the latter.

As far as the drama goes? I honestly couldn't care less It can be quite amusing, but due to my not being here constanty, time zones, etc. I usually miss most of it when in its hey-day,and only get to scroll over the backlogs and chuckle. It honestly doesn't, and likely won't ever, personally affect me. What I need from these forums will always be here, and since I don't make an ass of myself, I too will always be here. If for some reason the forums fall apart, I'll either just go elsewhere, or stick to the very nice main site content.

My personal thoughts on administration and moderation is that it should be more or less invisible in action, but upfront if required. It certainly ought not be the case that the moderation is the "squeaky wheel", on the contrary, they are the grease. There's pretty much zero need to get publically involved in drama. On the other side, there are instances where full disclosure behind reasoning and decisions is needed, but such situations ought to be infrequent at best.

</ramble>

#33 kirsche

kirsche

Time for some kirsche-style tangential quote bombing B)

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Considering I only come here to debate, perhaps it isn't my place to vote, but I like it here, the communities great and I have a lot of fun.

I dunno why people are voting No" really, I mean, the skin is a very minor issue.

#34 Kevin Sorbo

Kevin Sorbo

The Legendary Journeys

• Retired Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

Considering I only come here to debate, perhaps it isn't my place to vote, but I like it here, the communities great and I have a lot of fun.

I dunno why people are voting No" really, I mean, the skin is a very minor issue.

I can guarantee you that the skin is not the only reason people would vote "no".

#35 Jyosua

Jyosua

• Root Admin

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

I can guarantee you that the skin is not the only reason people would vote "no".

I can guarantee you the skin isn't even remotely related.

#36 xXHeartbreakXx

xXHeartbreakXx

・:*~ஐnever forgetஐ~*:・

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

Eh, it's pretty good here, it's just that I don't know most of the members here.

#37 Defeatist Elitist

Defeatist Elitist

I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

Voted yes, I mean, I am relatively content, although there are quite a few things that I think could change. But really, it's acceptable as it is. That doesn't mean I don't want it to improve though, I'm just very complacent and accept mediocrity, which is really a personal fault. Fire Emblem wise the site is now probably amongst the best though. Ultra thumbs up guys!

#38 Ike-Mike

Ike-Mike

Baron Manchild

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

Say what you want, but this forum is still better than any other forum I've been to in recent years.

#39 kirsche

kirsche

Time for some kirsche-style tangential quote bombing B)

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:17 PM

I voted no simply because of the lack of a proper skin.

No, because these forums still need a skin.

Unless I'm missing something...

#40 VincentASM

VincentASM

Furisode Heartbunny

• Administrator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

It was just two or three posts like the ones you describe that marked down the forums for the skin. The other posts mentioning the lack of skin seem fairly positive to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users