Phoenix's Sprite Gallery.
Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:00 AM
Note: posterizing is a function I found in photoplus that on a particular number gives them that slightly pixelated shaded FE10 look you notice when zooming in on the official sprites. Seriously that shading is so blocky it's pretty ugly up close, but from far away it's okay-ish.
Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:20 AM
Edited by Samias, 27 January 2013 - 12:21 AM.
Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:55 AM
I'll give those suggestions a try once I get back to finalizing Athena. Of course like always I get sidetracked with other projects. This one for instance.
I figured Athrun could use a do over and so I decided to give that a try. I'm not changing the design of the shirt Athrun wears under the jacket too much, but the jacket itself will be redone without all the little button things and will have an extra micro tail in the back to go along with the two in the front this time around. The greave designs are completely different because I wasn't satisfied with the original look. Sword's bigger on Rothene's suggestion and lastly the pose is completely different. I'll see if I can come up with a cooler hairstyle as well, but that's all I've got planned for this Athrun redux(that head is a placeholder and isn't the finished product).
One of these days ... I think I'll try fiddling with GBAs again. Not any time soon though
Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:51 AM
I'm still going to try and get him a fancier(but not Vergil-esque) hairstyle, but I want to finish everything else first.
Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:16 AM
Here's the project list and progress for each:
Athena FB 95%
Athrun FB 90%
Nadine FB update 99%
Cassandra FB update ~50%
Anna(yes that Anna~) FB 10%
Amon update 50%
Norbert FB 5%
Synthia FB update/Valter FB 0/0%
Sigrid (did I spell that right?) FB 0%
Most are fullbodies so yeah ... this should be fun, agonizing, and awesome all at the same time.
Anyway, for the sake of having SOMETHING vaguely resembling an FE10 sprite in this post, here's some progress on the Shastak siblings ...
Now I'm sure I got the wrinkles wrong around the elbow(too high up and too vague to the point of doing more harm than good), but I was trying to play it safe so eh. I dunno, I may take another whack at them later. Also touched up the shading on the forward ... flap thing on her blouse. I think it at least looks better and less jagged than before. I know it looks done aside from the aforementioned, but I haven't posterized it yet.
He looks finished you say? Not just yet. Still trying to decide if I don't want to add some flare to his his sword, whether or not I'm going to put those prints back in his coat's interior, and whether I'm going to try to add in a cravat for that fancy noble look or just make this Athrun's 'going out and being a vigilante' look. I ended up turning his head to the left(our right) instead of leaving it all idle because it works better with the positioning of his feet. I tried this pose myself and found that my feet were facing too far to the left while mimicking him so tried to address it by changing the direction of his head. That made the direction of the feet less unnatural. Of course since I changed the direction his head was facing, I had to change the shading too. (note; the entire sword is golden, unlike Athena's)
And lastly, because I couldn't resist
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users