FE8 NM Eir

Kindergarten:

FEDS NM

FE8 NM 1-8

FE8 EM 1-8

FE7 LHM

FE7 LNM

Edited by Ike-Mike

I don't think PoR Maniac was actually that hard. The structure of PoR makes it easier and some enemy stat boosts wouldn't help that much.

I might say that FE6 Normal was harder than PoR Hard as well.

Since you forgot RD NM ad EM, here's where they go:

RD NM right above PoR HM

RD EM is harder than PoR NM by far, so I'd say between FE3-1 and FESD H2

Also, PoR EM is FAR easier than FESD NM, so something needs to change.

Edited by Lord Ratatosk

FE7 HHM is easier than FE9 HM? Granted I haven't played HHM beyond ch 19 or so in several years, but I thought FE9 HM was quite a bit easier than HHM. because of FE9's lolpaladins who never die to anything ever. And you get buckets of them. not to mention forges and BExp

Edited by Reikken

FE7 HHM is easier than FE9 HM? Granted I haven't played HHM beyond ch 19 or so in several years, but I thought FE9 HM was quite a bit easier than HHM. because of FE9's lolpaladins who never die to anything ever. And you get buckets of them. not to mention forges and BExp

This.

Also, LHM is definitely harder than LNM, even if it's still Kindergarten. Lyn can actually die against Batta and you don't get a free Iron Sword for Sain in Ch 1.

Where is FE8 HM on this list?

I think it should go below FE4 for sure, but then again, FE4 needs to move up. Yeah, the best pairings make the second half lol, but it still doesn't mean the entire game is that easy (there are still some tough bosses, and the first half alone is probably harder or almost the same as FE7 ENM).

Edited by I eat tables

I think both variants of FE5 are too high on this list. Yes, FE5 is hard, but there's no way in hell it's harder than FEDS H5. I'd actually put RD HM in its place. Sure, there are some units that essentially are easy mode buttons, but even so, it's still very hard, and the lack of being able to check how far enemies actually can move also makes it very frustrating and unfair.

Also, RD NM is way harder than FE6 NM. Actually, I don't think FE6 NM was that hard at all. Should be much closer to FE7 HHM, probably below it. After all, the enemies may be a tiny bit tougher in FE6 NM still, but you can also bring out >9000 times as many units in every chapter in FE6, whereas in FE7 HHM, the slot limit usually is very strict. And in FE6, the enemies can't hit for crap.

Edited by Raymond

I'm going to agree with Raymond and say that RD HM should be above FE5 Elite mode. Since in FE5 enemy stats are poor and the difficult thing were the map layouts and RNG and everyone gets X2 exp in elite mode. While RD has enemies that have good stats that will still have good footing against some of your promoted people.

Hold on, FE4 1st and 2nd gen are now split up why? They're entirely dependant on one another; that's like splitting FE10 into it's 4 parts, which isn't really sensible either.

I've discussed with Kefka that 2nd Gen with subs should be put on the list, so I decided to split FE4 into the 2 gens as well.

Also it's more that 2nd Gen is dependent on Gen 1.

So should I replace FE4 First Gen with just FE4?

Also, how different and more difficult is FE4 with the advanced AI switch on?

Edited by Ike-Mike

Wait, you can switch on an advanced AI in FE4? Oh, and doesn't FE4 also have an Elite Mode, or is that just FE5?

Only FE5 has elite mode, yeah you can switch the AI in the options menu for FE4.

I haven't played FE4 with the advanced AI on but I'm guessing they just go for the weaker units or can't retaliate units more often and less likely to be lured when you step into an enemy attack range.

Edited by Generic Officer

Definitely found FE4 kindergarden level. Sure, the bosses are huge dickheads in second gen, but Sigurd and Lex can pretty much dominate the entire first gen, and people with Legendary weapons can steamroll the second.

I'd split FE8 into Ephraim and Eirika routes - Ephraim's route is obviously more difficult, since it includes stages such as Phantom Ship and Father and Son. I found it more difficult than ENM, that's for sure.

PoR HM isn't difficult. The only difficult level is C4, and even that is loleasymode if you don't mind Titania soloing it. The amount of BEXP the game showers you with, you shouldn't.

I suspect that FE6 HM might be harder than FE10 HM if we were playing 6 for rankings and 10 for turncounts, however I'm not really sure about this.

I want to argue that LHM is tougher than FE8 EM. I don't really think this is true, but I would like if it were true.

FEDS NM should be in Kindergarten Tier. The game is so bloody easy on that mode.

I disagree. But only because the endgame chapter is such a huge step up in difficulty from every other chapter, especially if you're playing for no deaths.

I disagree. But only because the endgame chapter is such a huge step up in difficulty from every other chapter, especially if you're playing for no deaths.

I play for maximum bodycount.

rofl at above post

Doesn't that game encourage deaths?

Edited by Reikken

I mean, you HAVE to kill someone in the prologue in NM, and guys like Gordin/Norne, and Bord are asking to die painfully.

Which is why I need that game, goddammit. I'm the guy who finished FE8 with eleven guys, I'll fit that game like a lard sledgehammer.