Kana Translator wanted for Fire Emblem NES translation

Quirino

We’re looking for someone who can translate Kana for the first Fire Emblem game. We’ve been working on it for some time now and many things besides the game script have been done thus far.

Even though this game has been remade twice, we still need a translator because we would like to know the differences in game script between the versions.

We already have a Japanese version of the script, so all left to do is translate.

If you’re interested, please post here.

Thanks in advance

-Quirino

Kana? As in Katakana? That's is quite easy to translate, shouldn't you more worried on the Kanji stuff?

There are no kanji in FE for the NES, if my recollection from when I was attempting to hack it remains correct.

That said, I'm not particularly confident of my grasp on Japanese grammar, so while I could quite accurately get the kana done for you, I'm not sure I'm really the man you should be looking for.

Well, with Kana I do indeed mean Hiragana and Katakana. There's no Kanji in NES roms. And we will need a pretty accurate translator, because we really want to know how this script differs from Fire Emblem 3 Book 1 and Shadow Dragon.

I see there's not many interest. If we won't find a translator, we'll be using the Fire Emblem 3 and Shadow Dragon game script. It might be a bit different, but I think it's the same for the biggest part. But we'll first wait if there's someone who want to translate, it would always be better to use the original script :)

It's sad that nobody seems interested, but finding a translator who's skilled, has time to spare and is interested in a game is always going to be tough. I fall in the unskilled area BTW

I do think using the FE3/FE DS script kind of kills the point for a translation though. Some people might like it more than just a straightforward menu patch though.

It's sad that nobody seems interested, but finding a translator who's skilled, has time to spare and is interested in a game is always going to be tough. I fall in the unskilled area BTW

I do think using the FE3/FE DS script kind of kills the point for a translation though. Some people might like it more than just a straightforward menu patch though.

I totally agree with you, but we have no other choice left if we find no translator.

This.

Finding a good translator is very for any kind of fan project these days.

Well, we could do that, but the problems are that Fire Emblem 3 has 5 chapters less and Shadow Dragon is in Kanji, so that makes it harder to compare :/

if you can post all the script from both games, i bet someone will tell you what scripts are the same, what are different

I doubt that... If no one's offered to help us with translating, I bet no one's interested in this as well. But if someone would want to compare the Kanji and Kana script, please post it here :)

I doubt that... If no one's offered to help us with translating, I bet no one's interested in this as well. But if someone would want to compare the Kanji and Kana script, please post it here :)

Comparing scripts for differences actually sounds a hell of a lot easier for someone of my skills. I can't promise how quickly I can do it, but I would be interested.

Edited by Balcerzak

MiruPage appears to have the full scripts for FE1 and DS. It probably won't be as accurate as a script dump, but I think it should suffice for determining differences. Some of the minor stuff like villages might be out of order though.

@ VicentASM: thanks for the link!

It's pretty funny, we're looking weeks for a translator and at once we have three options. I mailed Hitomi Shimizu, the translator of the Gaiden game script. She said she would have time this weekend to compare the NES and DS script. And now I look here and there are two more offers!

@ Balcerzak and HHHIII: Your offers are very appreciated! I will let you know soon what we've decided. I will first talk to Rai.

• 3 weeks later...