Photo

Fire Emblem 3 remake for the DS

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#121 Violet

Violet

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

I'd lol if it turned out to be a Tactician who could fight. I remember Kaga mentioning how the player wouldn't be the main character, but it seems possible that IS is going to completely overthrow his idea in a remake of the game that he made.

Ha, a fighting tactician would be interesting. But how about this, what if it's a custom character? A character who's essentially mute like Matthew from Blazing Sword but takes part in the battles and story representing the player, and you design how he (or she?) looks, much like how you can name Matthew whatever you want and change his affinity.

#122 Kintenbo

Kintenbo

Vroom, Vroom

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

I am happy to hear this! I only just wonder what they're going to do about the obscure classes like Barbarians, this game's version of Berserkers, and the other enemy only class that copies another class.

#123 Starman

Starman

Pressure

• Section Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

I am happy to hear this! I only just wonder what they're going to do about the obscure classes like Barbarians, this game's version of Berserkers, and the other enemy only class that copies another class.

My guess is that Barbarians will be converted into Warriors/Berserkers. The old Berserker class will probably be made into a Hero or Swordmaster, since that's basically what it was.

#124 grandjackal

grandjackal

u mad breh?

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

Which reminds me. There are plenty of axe using enemies in this game. Something to keep in mind.

#125 Interceptor

Interceptor

Wild Fang

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

Well, since sword-users have basically been second-class citizens for the last three games, with some notable exceptions, I think it'll be nice to have plenty of axe-using enemies to beat on for once.

#126 dondon151

dondon151

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

If axe enemies are anything like in FEDS H5, though, I will beat my head against a desk.

#127 Jediabiwan

Jediabiwan

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Wow this is awesome! I just started playing FE3 though, and now I am tempted to stop, but I will probably continue as this looks like it could have some big changes and it would be fun to see the differences. I hope they add custom colors to the sprites, but keep SD's which i like otherwise. I also hope remove forging which I agree with some people is totally unbalanced and also class changing. These three things are my main complaints about SD. Heck, while I'm at it they should remove replacement characters, make better side quest requirements, add supports, and add more chapters. I am still very exited about this game, and from what I have seen in FE3 it looks like it could be very interesting.

#128 grandjackal

grandjackal

u mad breh?

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

Well, since sword-users have basically been second-class citizens for the last three games, with some notable exceptions, I think it'll be nice to have plenty of axe-using enemies to beat on for once.

If axe enemies are anything like in FEDS H5, though, I will beat my head against a desk.

Which makes me also remember that most of those Barbarians had Devil Axes. If they turn out to be Berserkers with those things, and Devil Axes stay as those high accuracy and power style ones from FEDS...

#129 Rodykitty

Rodykitty

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

and Devil Axes stay as those high accuracy and power style ones from FEDS...

They'll have 70% hit in battle.

#130 Bee

Bee

Bee

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Awesome! I just began playing FE 3 (which is the last one I have to beat). I will probably buy it, but I think I would be happier if this turned out to be a brand new story

#131 Shinon

Shinon

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Finally. If history repeats itself,Im guessing this will be a Christmas release in Japan and a spring release in the State.Just an observation.

#132 Ingen

Ingen

Not your average FE person

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Great, so much elitism and nagging while next to no info has been released on this new old title... Do we really need constant reminders of Marth's immortality as a character? Good grief... He bothered me enough the the Smash Bros. series in all his wrist-bending f***otry so the last thing I need is more of this photogenic poser. Ah, at least the fangirls will be happy.

Doesn't seem like much can be said about this new title so far. All that can be done now is speculate or stray from the subject at hand. From what little information I got from all the pages, it doesn't sound that appealing to me. Seriously, little to no axe users? Spectacular, I just loves me some pretty boy swordsmen. *sarcasm*

But in the end, graverobbing is profitable.

#133 Rodykitty

Rodykitty

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

Book 2's all about the Lance using chicks.

#134 Violet

Violet

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Great, so much elitism and nagging while next to no info has been released on this new old title... Do we really need constant reminders of Marth's immortality as a character? Good grief... He bothered me enough the the Smash Bros. series in all his wrist-bending f***otry so the last thing I need is more of this photogenic poser. Ah, at least the fangirls will be happy.

Doesn't seem like much can be said about this new title so far. All that can be done now is speculate or stray from the subject at hand. From what little information I got from all the pages, it doesn't sound that appealing to me. Seriously, little to no axe users? Spectacular, I just loves me some pretty boy swordsmen. *sarcasm*

But in the end, graverobbing is profitable.

Well, you're playing the wrong series by far if pretty boys bother you that much. Like, seriously. You're pretty much screwed whatever Fire Emblem game you play. Homophobe elsewhere.

Edited by Violet, 25 May 2010 - 06:02 PM.

#135 Momo

Momo

what are you looking at

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

Have you seen Marth's new design at all? He's a manly man now.

Edited by NotSal, 25 May 2010 - 06:08 PM.

#136 Fia

Fia

~セリスxユリウス~

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

Ha, a fighting tactician would be interesting. But how about this, what if it's a custom character? A character who's essentially mute like Matthew from Blazing Sword but takes part in the battles and story representing the player, and you design how he (or she?) looks, much like how you can name Matthew whatever you want and change his affinity.

This is actually what I'm worried about.

I can see potential Mary Sue and Gary Stu flying around in the fandom and it doesn't seem pleasant.

#137 GenG

GenG

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

Finally. If history repeats itself,Im guessing this will be a Christmas release in Japan and a spring release in the State.Just an observation.

Normally, when Nintendo announces a game out of the blue like this, it's because it will be out in no time. I would say summer in Japan and Christmas in the States.

#138 Ingen

Ingen

Not your average FE person

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

Well, you're playing the wrong series by far if pretty boys bother you that much. Like, seriously. You're pretty much screwed whatever Fire Emblem game you play. Homophobe elsewhere.

I'm not as homophobic as I used to be but I was quite a lot in the times of SSB Melee. It didn't help how overrated Marth was and just because of, well... that. Well, some characters are more bearable than others in terms of appearance and there are those real men that I would stick with the other characters. Thinking about it... The whole issue with Marth and all other prettyboys very much come from them being overrated. That's what got to me when I started playing FE and still bothers me a little today. I guess I'm better off not hearing about character discussions and such. Like that time somebody mentioned Meg, Fiona, Vika, Tormod, Lyre and Muarim not being usable on Hard mode... Really, I wonder if people are really trying. Surely some people do but... Bah, as if I'll be listened to. What am I doing here again?

#139 Ninji

Ninji

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

Not making any sense is what you're doing, at least from my perspective.

#140 Rodykitty

Rodykitty

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

So guys...

WiFi predictions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users