Sprites!

Strawman

Heeeeeeeeey there. I do a tad bit of spriting here and there so I thought I would post them on here. They aren't anything amazing though.

Helpful comments are always helpful. I'll put descriptions under ones that actually have a description. Also, I don't name my sprites, just so you know.

2s9ybt3.png

This is a girl...mage I guess. I don't know really. I was sort of making here as a little sister to Ewan(from SS).

118m649.png

She is supposed to be a daughter/mix of Marisa and Joshua(from SS).

msng5t.png

apa4ap.jpg

2vrzcqa.png

I think 5 is good for now. More to come later.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your sprites are quite cleanly spliced together. *applauds*

Noooooo I see a jpg

I liked your "Ewan's little sister" the best out of the shown. I like FE8 colors, sue me.

Thank you!

And actually, that 4th one isn't a jpg. For some reason it just looks like one whenever I upload it. :blink:

Weird, it appears somehow in the uploading process it turned jpg though on my computer it is saved as png.

Edited by acey555

I see a few issues with marisaxjosh, her eyes could use some work.

The one with harken's face need to fix his jacket by moving it a few pixels to our left.

The fourth one looks good, just fix up a bit on the neck shading.

The fifth one has the same issue as the harken one.

I never mentioned ewan's sister, she has a bit of shading issues on her clothes, but eh whatever.

All in all, they look very nice, keep up the good work.

-Dancer Away!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh look, an update!

vpckdx.png

This was supposed to be a sprite of me, but it doesn't really look like me at all. Maybe the hair color is correct, but that would be the only thing.

2qvqo2b.jpg

This one is my entry for Round 2 of the Splicing Contest in the Creative board. It is a splice of Roland, Tana, and Glenn.

2dk0hsj.png

This one is a sage. Nothing much really to say about it.

20pyqsj.png

This is one of my favorite sprites. I'm not sure what he is supposed to be, but I imagine he is some secret body guard for a really important(and possibly evil) person.

That is it for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Update! because I know you care

Also, more double posting, yaay.

xn9opk.png

I entered this into a contest and it only got 2 votes. Not that I was surprised. I mean i made it not long before the deadline and the clothes are just crazy. But at least it has an eye-patch :awesome: !

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

1feamu.png

Entry for Splicing contest round 6. I thought it was good at first but now I think its ugly...

261kokp.png

Round 5 splicing contest entry. She won :awesome: I really like this one. Probably the first and only time I will be able to splice hair without it looking dumb.

jt8kub.png

A shaman. One of my earlier sprites.

2ekltlt.png

Another shaman. I really like this one. Though it is really obvious who I used for the face. I might revamp it later.

Update!

1feamu.png

Entry for Splicing contest round 6. I thought it was good at first but now I think its ugly...

261kokp.png

Round 5 splicing contest entry. She won :awesome: I really like this one. Probably the first and only time I will be able to splice hair without it looking dumb.

jt8kub.png

A shaman. One of my earlier sprites.

2ekltlt.png

Another shaman. I really like this one. Though it is really obvious who I used for the face. I might revamp it later.

The manliness Level on Franz is OVER NINE THOUSAND

As I said before, awesome.

The two Shamans look nice.

You have some pretty clean splicing.

That one is cool! Did you custom the curls on her hair? Its very nice!

Thanks. And no, the curls come from some old man king from FE7(I think). I wish I could custom sprite like that, but unfortunately I cannot haha.

The manliness Level on Franz is OVER NINE THOUSAND

The two Shamans look nice.

You have some pretty clean splicing.

Thanks! I'm working on trying to make them more original and less recognizable though.

Heeeey there again. Here are some more very recent sprites.

34p17xc.png

I would imagine she is a mage. Probably from a small village/farm.

11rt8r9.jpg

The last of these was just made today. The first guy is all spliced. The 2nd guy has slightly customed helmet and partly customed clothes. The last guy has spliced armor and a mostly customed helmet(in case you couldn't tell). I like them. I would think they are brothers or at least somehow related. Also, they all have tattoos(You can see them on the first 2). THey seem like they would be wanderers or mercenaries. As for classes, it would be Cavalier/Armor Knight, Mercenary, Cavalier/Armor Knight.

...Those 3 brothers, look epic.

Seriously.

Though a couple flaws here and there.

For the first of the brothers, the 2nd piece of armor that you took from hector, you messed up the far plate, the trim suddenly cuts off, also, for ascetics, you might just want to remove the cloth/cape all together.

For the second, his collars don't match up, they're different shapes. Also the trim with the point under the inner collar could use some work, it's really rough. Also, there's a bit of pillow shading on the left arm (Our POV) as well as some pillow shading on the clothes beside them.

For the third, I have to say it's really well done, but there are tiiiiny bits that could use improvement. Such as when the cape touches the trim, it needs to reflect that, right now it's just the lightest color, you might want to shade it a bit. For the helm/mask thing, you might want to make the eyeslits a tad bigger, not so big that you could see his eyes, but just a bit bigger. lastly, the line going acorss the helm, you might want to shade that a bit instead of it being only a line, which stands out a bit.

For the mage, the eyes look off, and it's probably because of the original sprite, might want to change to a different set of eyes.

For the mage, the eyes look off, and it's probably because of the original sprite, might want to change to a different set of eyes.

I thought it was because of the nose. It's kinda big, don't you think? o.o

"Crazy 8's" O:

But seriously, you went crazy on 8, didn't you? o.o

Bahaha yes I did. At one point it had much less hair clothing. but then it just didn't look right from where I had it coming from so I just added a ton more to make it reach the bottom of the sprite.

As I said in the Contest thread, Round 8's....clothing looks like it could be used for wings.

I never actually thought of that.

Quick, edit your entry to have wings.

HAH, I bet I would win for sure then. But actually wings is a great idea. I won't do it since really I need to go to bed and also I would feel like I was cheating since really you thought of the the idea. Maybe someday I will use it to make a sprite with wings though. Maybe someday.