This topic is meant to be where new findings are posted, so as to not clutter up the rest of the FE3 DS board. Of course, if it's something huge that deserves its own thread, then feel free to make one. Similarly, if you need to discuss an aspect in depth, a new thread would be preferred.
Key details (pre-release)
- Remake of Mystery of the Emblem (Book 2)
- Create your own main character "My Unit" who fights alongside Marth
- New prologue and sidequest chapters with a larger focus on My Unit
- Contains a remake of the BS Fire Emblem chapters
- Four difficulty settings and a new Casual mode, where characters don't permanently die
- New downloadable episodes
- Image directory - Will be updated randomly, currently empty
Two images from a small booklet that has some general info on the series and this game. You can see some of the revamped maps here.
The class choices for the My Unit creation revealed in the retailer meeting seem to be true (as expected). However, it appears you can indeed Reclass My Unit afterwards like a normal unit. So you can Reclass a male My Unit from Fighter to Pirate. Presumably it also works in going from, say, Archer to Myrmidon (haven't checked yet). This info is from ChinaFE.
Some My Unit details (re)confirmed.
Male classes: Mercenary, Knight, Cavalier, Fighter, Archer, Mage
LEVEL 1 Cavalier
Sword E, Lance D
Only My Unit out
Boss is Jagen
Luke and Rody are enemies
Luke and Rody join (Rody D Lance, Luke D Sword)
Prologue is comprised of 8 chapters
Frey appears as an instructor
Katarina is playable(misread)
Athena and Wrys can be recruited
Some characters leave after the prologue
Cord joins from a village in Chapter 2
Wrys, Shiida joins (15 Spd),
Athena, Wrys, Cain appear
Change in map song, battle song
Enemies are Ruffians
Merric joins before Turn 2
Edited by VincentASM, 13 July 2010 - 12:10 PM.