WTF is up with the release date?

Pokemon which came out in September 2010 and has a US release date, March 2011. NM came out in Japan in JULY 2010 and still doesn't have a release date for the US.

I say IS is being a b****! :angry:

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's a conspiracy to kill off Fire Emblem for good here and elsewhere too!

Fire Emblem is incredibly niche in comparison to Pokémon.

I know far too many people who don't know what it is... The fools!

Then get to work and have people play it!

Not to mention that Pokemon is not that text heavy (well, maybe B/W are, but generally pokemon hasn't been), while this game is pretty darn text heavy.

Also, over at FES, someone said that their brother, who works at Gamestop, was able to preorder it, although there was no release date. But then they canceled the preorders. :\

Edited by Rewjeo

International release is the biggest reason for remakes. And Casual Mode. We'll get it.

Although, I bet that it won't be released until Q2. So as not to compete with Pokemon B/W.

Edited by Pariah

Not to mention that Pokemon is not that text heavy (well, maybe B/W are, but generally pokemon hasn't been), while this game is pretty darn text heavy.

Also, over at FES, someone said that their brother, who works at Gamestop, was able to preorder it, although there was no release date. But then they canceled the preorders. :\

They have to translate every single move, ability, pokedex entry, item, etc, not just dialogue. Pokemon's much more text heavy than a Fire Emblem game.

^ that's so true. Pokemon should take 6 months but FE is taking too long to be released. Shadow Dragon wasnt as late as New Mystery and the only thing they added was an extra 5 online maps.

They have to translate every single move, ability, pokedex entry, item, etc, not just dialogue. Pokemon's much more text heavy than a Fire Emblem game.

Forgot Pokedex entries, but moves? It's not at all six months worth of translating. Especially if that's your only job. And there are plenty of you to do it. Items? Well, besides the fact that the majority don't actually have to be translated (I think, haven't actually played B/W yet) because they've been in previous games, they're also not exactly long complex things to be translated. Compared to the rather large amounts of dialogue in the new Fire Emblem that needs to be translated, convey it's original emotion as well as basic meaning, and sound right to the ear? I guess Pokemon probably has more physical text, but a lot of it is also a lot easier to be translated. Especially given that a lot of it is probably being recycled. So maybe text heavy wasn't the right word.

And, as said, Pokemon doesn't really care when it's released, but FE really needs to avoid being released around big titles.

Think of every city in the Pokemon world, and how many NPCs are running around. Pokemon definitely has more text. However my guess is that Pokemon has about twice or three times as many people working on it.

Would I be banned from these boards for saying I want both games? Haha, hate them or call them childish, but they're good games too. That said, I will cry if a FE doesn't come to the states. (and by cry I mean wait until fans fully translate it and then I'll just get the ROM.)

Would I be banned from these boards for saying I want both games? Haha, hate them or call them childish, but they're good games too. That said, I will cry if a FE doesn't come to the states. (and by cry I mean wait until fans fully translate it and then I'll just get the ROM.)

^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself. :newyears:

Edited by JosefLior

Think of every city in the Pokemon world, and how many NPCs are running around. Pokemon definitely has more text. However my guess is that Pokemon has about twice or three times as many people working on it.

Like I said, text heavy wasn't the right term. And I mentioned the people working on Pokemon, although looking back at it that was a very vague reference... besides, like anyone would care if 95% of the NPCs weren't translated

and @ the very end: Yeah, at this point it's pretty much guaranteed every FE will be available in English in one way or another.

Would I be banned from these boards for saying I want both games? Haha, hate them or call them childish, but they're good games too.

wat? Are you talking about pokemon? I don't think many people on this board hate them or think they're for kids.

Also, I could swear I've seen an article that confirmed fe12 would be released sometime.

ah, here it is: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-05-nintendo-sees-quirky-future-for-ds

I have no doubt that this game will get a release. You know what I AM worried about? Professor Layton. Those games take f***ing forever, and there's still one more DS game we don't have.

But I digress.

Edited by Flock of Geese

• 3 weeks later...