Arthur VS Sety VS Corpul

Trueblade74

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best wielder of the Holsety Tome?

• Arthur (Mage-Mage Knight Disc One Nuke)
    • Sety (Pre-promote Sage, Indestructible and canon)
    • Corpul (Priest-High Priest, Est who starts with staffs)

I've decided that the best way to get rid of my rage is to poll every last one of you about who all your best Holsety users are.

Also, as a tip, Sety with a Leg Ring gets the same result as Arthur as a Mage Knight, minus the weakness to Horse-slaying weapons.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Arthur.

1) How can you turn down a unit that RE-MOVES AFTER KILLING SHIT!?!

2) I can always use the Leg Ring on someone else. Like Arthur. Then solo the game harder!

Edited by Colonel M

I can understand the widespread preference towards Arthur, but I still find Sety's sheer overkill beautiful. Even if it's counterproductive at times.

Also, lol Corple.

minus the weakness to Horse-slaying weapons.

horse-slayers vs lolsety? This can't be a serious argument.

Edited by TheEnd

Exactly why would you call Arthur "the best"?

Comes earlier than Sety and can have a horse after promotion. The higher caps of the sage class doesn't matter much since the bonuses from Holsety are already ridiculous.

Also, as a tip, Sety with a Leg Ring gets the same result as Arthur as a Mage Knight, minus the weakness to Horse-slaying weapons.

But you could also give the Leg Ring to Arthur (even though I personally think it's better on Celice or a Dancer). And Horse-slaying weapons aren't too common, and are only 1 range.

Availability.

Most notably, Holsety!Arthur changes Chapter 7 from WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh SHANAN HELP ME ISHTOR AND BLUME ARE ANALLY VIOLATING ME to something more much manageable in that he can easily deal with both the Melgan army and Blume. It's also somewhat useful in Ch8, where he can deal with Ovo's squad without a headache and kill Ishtar as well (although he's not necessary).

Edited by Silvercrow

Quick question: how notable are Horse-slaying weapons in Book 2 anyway? I asked Rody and he can't remember many if at all, so I was just curious since I haven't played the game.

What's so funny about Corpul? I consider him superior to Arthur, since he's an Est.

... excuse me?

Quick question: how notable are Horse-slaying weapons in Book 2 anyway? I asked Rody and he can't remember many if at all, so I was just curious since I haven't played the game.

Book 2 is Monshou They're a non-issue. And even if enemies have it, 60 base hit against Lolsety is hilarious.

Don't attack Bramsel at 1 range I guess. If he's even promoted at this point.

I took Arthur. I'd rather have Noish or Claude paired with Fury.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

I believe that Shanan ISNT necessary to deal with Chapter 7.

And as for Chapter 8, Ovo is easy to deal with, and Ishtar goes down with a single hit using Faval.

Sety because I never tried anybody else.

srs note: who the flip gives Sety the Leg Ring? That's basically automatic Dancer territory. And notably, Arthur promotes to Mage Knight yes? That leaves him with Canto over Sety.

EDIT: Shanan ...not necessary for C7? You just having Patty solo that top or ...?

Edited by Integrity

So you've stacked 50k worth of items Sety has to buy onto him now, for the same cost as Arthur existing?

EDIT: And yes, I put that shit on Laylea. Or Leen, I don't discriminate.

EDIT2: I want it stressed that I put my vote in for Sety, but your logic is all flavours of wrong. That's why I'm arguing.

Edited by Integrity

How about the Knight Ring? Or do you give that to Laylea as well, you Sylvia-hating fanboys?

The Knight Ring is even more dancer material than the Leg Ring (though I usually give Laylea/Sylvia/Leen both of them), as it lets the dancer stay away from the frontlines. And unless you're favoring dancers for lulz, you don't want them to face serious combat at all.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to expound on your "Corple is better because he's an Est" argument. Especially since Est is horrible.

This video shall provide a comprehensive argument on why "Est" is the "Best". I know I posted it already in one area, but why not do it again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyIcz_rJBRk

As the saying goes, "You can't spell 'best' without 'Est'".

They're a non-issue. And even if enemies have it, 60 base hit against Lolsety is hilarious.

Well so much for being weak to Horse-slaying weaponry.

The Knight Ring is even more dancer material than the Leg Ring (though I usually give Laylea/Sylvia/Leen both of them), as it lets the dancer stay away from the frontlines. And unless you're favoring dancers for lulz, you don't want them to face serious combat at all.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to expound on your "Corple is better because he's an Est" argument. Especially since Est is horrible.

Impossible...you insulted the Est Archetype...

Listen. I don't give rings to Leen, she's fine without them. Seriously. And she's never gotten in danger before, either. As for the Rings, Leg goes to Lana, and Knight goes to Lakche.

And if you EVER insult the greatest archetype in FE, I'll rip you spine out and feed it to you.

And if you EVER insult the greatest archetype in FE, I'll rip you spine out and feed it to you.

Yeah, let's try no. Gimme some factual basis for this.

Either way, you don't give stat boost rings to Dancers. You give the movement and canto rings which let them dance more efficiently. Derp.

And if you're saying your Dancer is never in danger then I hate to say it but you're a fucking liar or doing it wrong.

I just noticed. You also can't spell "greatest" without "Est". Amazing.

I'm all for Sety being a nuke; especially in FE5, but giving him 4 kiloMia's worth of favoritism just to "compare" to Arthur is a bit humiliating on Sety's part.

Oh right, I had forgotten about the superior Holsety user.

image2-1.png

Impossible...you insulted the Est Archetype...

Listen. I don't give rings to Leen, she's fine without them. Seriously. And she's never gotten in danger before, either. As for the Rings, Leg goes to Lana, and Knight goes to Lakche.

I'm still waiting for your argument. Or should I consider you're trolling?

And if you're saying your Dancer is never in danger then I hate to say it but you're a fucking liar or doing it wrong.

Dancers are clearly meant to be used for movement/healing only! What, attacking again? Please.

Edited by TheEnd