• Please log in to reply
2635 replies to this topic

#1 CT075

CT075

drunken hobo

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

BEFORE YOU POST YOUR PROBLEM:

I don't expect you to read through the thread to find out if your question has been answered, because that's slightly ridiculous, BUT there are things you can do.

- Have you checked the doc to see if your parameters are right?
- Have you tried disassembling a chapter from the vanilla game to see how it's done?
- Is your script (or the relevant part of it) included in the post?

Edited by CT075, 09 March 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#2 Trails in the Blaze

Trails in the Blaze

Blazer the Trails Fanboy

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

This forum (nor any other, IMO) doesn't really get enough people asking questions to warrant such a thread... but that's just what I think, I'll help regardless. Maybe people have questions but need a thread like this to give them the courage to post'm...

#3 Claude C Kenny

Claude C Kenny

• Exiled

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

i'll be the first to ask some questions since this thread was likely made for me so this thread isn't wasted.

easy question: can you set-up an event to give an automatic game over if you don't finish in a certain amount of turns, like in PoR? (this just came to mind a few minutes ago).

my more tedious question: I have a character that only appears if at least one of 3 characters are fielded. so, if all 3 were fielded, the event isn't going to repeat itself 3 times, since all 3 are fielded, correct?

the character that is recruited by this method I do not want appearing in any way, not on the field, in battle preparations, in the next chapter, etc. so, if none of the 3 characters are fielded, and the event isn't triggered, the character will never be seen, correct?

as I asked in the other thread: I use wordpad or notepad for this, and everything that I want to happen in a chapter can be done with a single document, no needing seperate documents for multiple events to happen in one chapter?

Finally: to my knowledge, disable_tutorials only has to be present in the first event, but what of the command EAstdlib.event? does that have to be present before every event, or just in the first?

and guys, please understand, I know I can be really annoying with all the questions, but i'm just trying to make sure I get everything right, so that I don't have to keep bugging later on. I know there's tutorials out there, but I do like hearing from people who are doing those things right now, with their own hacks. sounds stupid, but it's just me. and for a n00b, all these codes and things are really confusing. to be honest, this should be the last few things I need to know, unless I come up with some kind of crazy concept (which I already have one in mind).

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny, 30 March 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#4 RNG Princess

RNG Princess

Buy from me or game over. nwn

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

can the finding treasure method like desert map items work for recruiting characters too? (like Stefan from FE9/10)

#5 Trails in the Blaze

Trails in the Blaze

Blazer the Trails Fanboy

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

^Yes

easy question: can you set-up an event to give an automatic game over if you don't finish in a certain amount of turns, like in PoR? (this just came to mind a few minutes ago).

my more tedious question: I have a character that only appears if at least one of 3 characters are fielded. so, if all 3 were fielded, the event isn't going to repeat itself 3 times, since all 3 are fielded, correct?

yes

no (at least, not if you code it right)

the character that is recruited by this method I do not want appearing in any way, not on the field, in battle preparations, in the next chapter, etc. so, if none of the 3 characters are fielded, and the event isn't triggered, the character will never be seen, correct?

if you code it right they A) won't appear if all 3 characters aren't fielded or B) will disappear after they ARE recruited in the chapter so that they aren't in the battle preps the next chapter, if that's what you want.

Finally: to my knowledge, disable_tutorials only has to be present in the first event, but what of the command EAstdlib.event? does that have to be present before every event, or just in the first?

yes, those are standard definitions IIRC... (been a while since I hacked) you need them in every file. disable_tutorials only has to be done once but it shouldn't hurt you at all.

#6 Psych

Psych

I don't need the big brushes, I just think they're neat.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

Spoiler ()

Is there a reason it should be going to black upon loading? :/

#7 CT075

CT075

drunken hobo

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Opening_event:
CURF [18,4]
FADI 0x10
BACG 0x0D
TEX1 0x0803
FADU 0x10
LOU1 LeafUnit LeafUnit2
ENUN
ENDA

Bolded: Should be

FADI
BACG
FADU
TEX1

Beyond that, I can't see any reason why.

#8 Zath of the Sword

Zath of the Sword

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

So I have question. I have made a .txt file with the events I want for the first chapter (prologue). Now I want to assemble it and put it in the game. How? I have the event assembler program and I put the text file were it asked and the ROM were it asked but what about the other spaces what goes there?

#9 Trails in the Blaze

Trails in the Blaze

Blazer the Trails Fanboy

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

As long as you did ur script right, all you should have to do is press "assemble". disassembling works differently though

#10 Zath of the Sword

Zath of the Sword

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

Oh. Okay, I guess that's were my problem is. I have continued trying to get this to work but I think I am having formatting trouble. Can someone please link me a a sample event that works to over right the prologue so I can see how it looks.

Also how do I rename a chapter?

#11 ThatGuyDownTheStreet

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

Hi!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

Oh. Okay, I guess that's were my problem is. I have continued trying to get this to work but I think I am having formatting trouble. Can someone please link me a a sample event that works to over right the prologue so I can see how it looks.

Also how do I rename a chapter?

It's in FEditor but there are like 2 or 3 places you have to change the name because they correspond to other places.

#12 Zath of the Sword

Zath of the Sword

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

Could someone please explain why this is not working?

Spoiler ()

#13 Trails in the Blaze

Trails in the Blaze

Blazer the Trails Fanboy

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

The FE4A thread has some stuff IIRC. I have this as my Prologue Events for a hack, but part of it is disassembled because I originally did my events in hex, not using the EA.

While that one is a bit more complex, this one is much simpler and has much less depth to it, so it might be better for reference.

If you are hacking FE8, chapter names are graphics, IIRC. FE7 has chapter names as text. The text ID's/text indexes for that chapter can be found in the Chapter Data Editor (it may call them "Chapter Name Pointer" or something). The Ultimate Tutorial can give more details on that module.

In case it matters, the first prologue events are for Tactics Universe; the second are for Tales of Bravery. I am not responsible for any effect my codes may have on your events--use them as a reference at your own risk.

EDIT: It seems you posted while I was typing...

Your event file is practically blank. >___> For your chapter to work, you have to have a minimum of an Opening Event (called upon by a Turn event on turn "0"), an ending event, and either a location, turn, character, or miscellaneous event to call upon the ending event (AKA a chapter goal/mission goal).

Right now all you have are two units that aren't doing anything. You need to add a Turn event on Turn 0x00 that I would call "Opening_event", and then under "Opening_event" I would put the actual event. To know the details, please consult an event tutorial. Arch has 3 of them and I made one (it's in the Ultimate Tutorial). Both are very elaborate and IIRC Arch's includes a sample script, so both of ours will help you break down a script and teach you everything there is. However, most people use Arch's, because it is focused specifically on events, and covers some more subjects (like FE8 differences... and it probably covers them in more details with simpler, more brief explanations), so I would suggest his over mine.

Edited by Luffy, 06 April 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#14 Zath of the Sword

Zath of the Sword

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

Yay! I got it working and now understand how this all functions ;) Thanks for your help.

#15 Claude C Kenny

Claude C Kenny

• Exiled

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

what is NewMacros.Event?

#16 Trails in the Blaze

Trails in the Blaze

Blazer the Trails Fanboy

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

It's a macro file I made with all my macros (well, some of them are actually ones by others like Arch that I happened to use). However, they have all been added to the Event Assembler in one of the more recent releases, I believe. So you can probably find all my macros either as language raws or macros in the latest version of the EA (see the doc with the EA). Due to convenience, I haven't removed my NewMacros.event file (because replacing the macros with the EA standardized ones is time-consuming, pointless, and boring, amongst other things). And since my event tutorial is outdated, it still uses the NewMacros.event file (which is included in the tutorial IIRC).

Edited by Luffy, 06 April 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#17 Claude C Kenny

Claude C Kenny

• Exiled

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

I thought of a rather important one. using Four-Fanged Offense as an example, you know how the game switches between your characters talking, and Lloyd and Linus talking, how do you do that? is it all in the same text ID, or do you need seperate ID's for each convo? and what does it look like in the assembler?

#18 AstraLunaSol

AstraLunaSol

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

EDIT: Four Fanged offense have 2 separate chapter IDs, one is for Linus, the other, Lloyd.
You'll have to condition if the other is dead, go to this chapter, and whatnot in the previous chapter.

Edited by AstraLunaSol, 07 April 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#19 Claude C Kenny

Claude C Kenny

• Exiled

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

that's not what i'm asking. i'm talking about the switching between sides during the chapter.

for instance, you're characters have their convo talking about getting info on the fang. then, the game switches to lloyd and linus talking about keeping an eye on eliwood. that's what I need to know, is how to do the switching between convos.

#20 CT075

CT075

drunken hobo

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

TEX1 [First convo]
REMA
CURF [location on map] //optional
TEX1 [Second convo]
REMA
ENDA

Really not seeing the problem here.

Edited by Camtech075, 07 April 2011 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users