Rupert Murdoch should be jailed.

Raven

Seriously, have you seen half the shit that's smudged across his chin in regards to his media in the UK?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14112097

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11195407

Live: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14105372

His company News Corp. has committed several illegal activities. Murdoch and Rebekah Brooks should be arrested.

If I were in business and my employees did half of this, I'd be in jail.

Despicable.

Edited by V-Raven

Fox News: "The negative comments come even after News Corp. attempted to calm the waters by shutting the News of the World, the tabloid that allegedly hacked into the mobile phones of celebrities and the victims of child murders and suicide bombings."

"Calm the waters"? Fuck me sideways. They think this will blow over just by closing News of the World? Murdoch's media makes me sick.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/07/11/uk-regulators-cast-doubt-on-news-corps-bskyb-deal-amid-hacking-scandal/

Note to moderation: Double post I know, but I feel it is justified.

I'm not sure if it can be justified that Rupert Murdoch himself should be jailed. News Corporation is a massive conglomerate with major levels of bureaucracy. Unless it can be proven that Rupert Murdoch specifically either gave the order to hack those phones, or knew about it and allowed it to continue, he can't - or shouldn't be - jailed.

Now, Rebekah Brooks, on the other hand...

(As for Fox Business, I don't know what anyone would expect from them, considering they're owned by the same company.

I'm not sure if it can be justified that Rupert Murdoch himself should be jailed. News Corporation is a massive conglomerate with major levels of bureaucracy. Unless it can be proven that Rupert Murdoch specifically either gave the order to hack those phones, or knew about it and allowed it to continue, he can't - or shouldn't be - jailed.

Now, Rebekah Brooks, on the other hand...

(As for Fox Business, I don't know what anyone would expect from them, considering they're owned by the same company.

I agree with the Murdoch being unable to be jailed as of yet, even though I really don't like his media because of his ties with the current UK Prime Minister. He was hoping he could put a lid on things by closing the NoW paper, but the lid's blown clean off. His media here in the UK helped push for David Cameron to become Prime Minister last year, probably because of the chummy bond between Cameron and Murdoch, and he did become PM.

Several people, including leader of Labour and the parents of the murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler and other senior UK Members of Parliament, have called on Rebekah Brooks to resign her position in News International yet she hasn't budged an inch. She is also being interviewed by the Police as a WITNESS as opposed to a SUSPECT.

Also, this is interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14109531

Edited by V-Raven

I meant to post hours ago when I first read it on BBC about this, but just got round to it.

The only problem is, on Tuesday Rupert Murdoch, James Murdoch and Rebekah were supposed to appear in front of Members of Parliament and answer their questions regarding this series of incidents, which can be viewed to the public live. Now that she's arrested, it means that she may not be appearing with the Murdochs to answer questions. Anything she says now will only be said to Police and more than likely kept under Police protection. Her arrest has probably saved the Police more humiliation than they already have faced through this scandal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14179390

Simpsons%20-%20Pieman%20mini.jpg

It would appear he's struck again and shall be remembered as a pie-eneer for justice.

Because we all wanted to see how that one guy would react, balls to the juicy pie pictures and the surprisingly agile wife.

Edited by mikethfc

Daily Telegraph had it buried into Page 8. The headline suggested David Cameron was the one under fire. The pie was only mentioned in a blurry picture with a caption declaring Murdoch's wife 'protective'. There was a picture of Cameron answering questions, and another of Rupert smiling and looking like an upstanding citizen.

Geez, I can only wonder who runs THAT paper.

Edited by Furetchen

I think that this rage in the "progressive" media against Murdoch and his associates is ridiculous. Some people are calling it anti-semitism. I don't know about that but there's certainly some ulterior motive.

I don't have a lot of time to go into detail, but there's nothing new or special about the accusations against them. Like it or not mobile phones are not private and you'd better believe that governments know a lot more about you through them than News Corp ever did. Make a sincere investigation of the subject and you'll see that all of this has been done before with barely any backlash.

Hey guys did you hear about that whistleblower who turned up dead shortly after this scandal? No because they're doing a pretty fine job of using this story as a diversion so they can sweep the details about the govt. partially privatising the NHS.

This will play out the same way as the Harringay council/Baby P case. You know despite how as the higher up they're meant to be the in charge of what goes on but they'll find them unaccountable due to the fact that they can't actually do their job, so they'll just be reinstated and wait for the whole thing to be reinstated. The fact that the Bskyb takeover was only delayed by 6 months shows how quickly this scandal will be swept under the rug too.