C24 Updated

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
463 replies to this topic

#1 Onmi

Onmi

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sword of Seals

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

NEW UPDATE: C24 ENEMIES EDITED. NO LONGER ABLE TO STEAMROLL WITH JUST ROY

"Well we aren't going anywhere for a while, so why don't I tell you a story, about the true nature of a man."

swpqbd.jpg

The Game

Fire Emblem 6: The Divine War, is a hack I am working on in FE6, It's been 3 long years, lots of bugs, and lots of issues. Both mental, physical, and digital.

The Goal
To make FE6 as 'pretty' as I possibly can, to rework the entire story, following the same plot structure and hitting all the same beats, but expanding, rewriting, and generally improving. To add new characters, remix the supports, and add new maps, as well as combining the vanilla routes together for one experience. To make an experience I personally feel FE6 deserves.

The Features
What's being added to the game that wasn't there before?

-10 new playable characters, with their own supports. Guinevere, Eliwood, Lyn, Gale, Hector, Erik, Sigune, Erk, Nino and Mary

-A new story arc concerning the Lycian Counterattack against the Etrurian traitors inside the nation (Set between Chapter 14 and Chapter 16 in the original FE6)

-Several new weapons, sticking with Arthurian myth and the Song of Roland, or items that were cut from the game such as the Sea Sword

-New classes and rebalanced classes.

-Rebalanced bases and growths and levels.

-Route Splits no longer exist, in the case of the western isles, the player will do 11A (Subbing in for Chapter 10) and 11B (Subbing in for Chapter 11) and recruit everyone who is in that arc. in the case of Ilia and Sacae, the army will move north into Ilia and then south into Sacae before heading to Bern. If one was out of the way this split would be kept in but really theirs no reason not to hit Ilia if you're headed to Sacae.

-Maps are being remade, some completely, others will get some more minor changes.

-Magic/Strength Split (Meaning units can use magic and weapons, not that they have both stats)

-Canto for all mounted units

-I've changed the effective modifier of Horseslayer weaponry to effect Nomads and Troubadours

SPECIAL THANKS
Lisandra Brave-
Animations, Creative Feedback.
Amabel- Animations
Temp- Animations and Color palettes
Jubby- Sprite Sheets
The Blind Archer- For the animations you've given me permission to use, hopefully I'll put them to damn good use on this hack
Nintenlord- For the tools you've made, and for permission to use the Sword Armor sprite sheet to make an animation, And the questions you've answered
Mask-Kun- Maps
Various testers, editors and writers

CREDIT
Blazer- Questions regarding hacking, A Nightmare module.
shadowsofchaos- Questions, Bug Fixing
oracle_of_Fire- Animations

EXTRAS
These are things that may or may not be related to the current patch, but which don't really deserve their own threads

FE6: Roy's Promotion Time changed to 16/x (no other changes) FIXED
http://www.mediafire...mle7gutvbwqtciq
Just apply it with NUPS to any FE6 rom, it's a small hack and should work with other small hacks.

Edited by Onmi, 17 December 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#2 Xiltas Shepard

Xiltas Shepard

Loyal Follower of Zihark

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

Looks interesting, I might give it a shot when I have the chance.

#3 HongLei

HongLei

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

Do I patch this to fe6 already translation patched or a clean rom

#4 Onmi

Onmi

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Do I patch this to fe6 already translation patched or a clean rom

A clean rom

#5 HongLei

HongLei

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Okay thanks I'll try it out

#6 Taku

Taku

The Wonderboy

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

In terms of game progress, is this completely done? If not, what chapter does the current patch end at?

#7 Onmi

Onmi

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

In terms of game progress, is this completely done? If not, what chapter does the current patch end at?

It's completely playable. The additional content has all been added

#8 Taku

Taku

The Wonderboy

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

I figured, but just had to ask. However now I'm getting an invalid or deleted file message when I click on the patch link.

Edited by Taku, 13 July 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#9 Onmi

Onmi

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

Should be fixed

#10 Duke Zarrikos

Duke Zarrikos

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

This looks sweet.
I'm gonna enjoy this.
Thanks.

Says it's down again.
8:26 EST

Edited by Duke Zarrikos, 13 July 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#11 Onmi

Onmi

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Fixed again, I don't know why it keeps going down

#12 Duke Zarrikos

Duke Zarrikos

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Damn, this is messed up.
All ready back down.

Okay, copy and pasted the address, instead of just open link in new tab.
Apparently I'm the DeeDeeDee

Edited by Duke Zarrikos, 13 July 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#13 Onmi

Onmi

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

Corrected ALL overpowered enemy units (well overpowered in the capping several stats with no way to kill them sense so far)

1.8 will feature stealable boss items and will come once I'm sure Chapter 16/16x works.

We've encountered a problem. Ilia Route specific. at the end of 16x after you capture the throne, the game plays the Chapter 20Ax Divine Weapon chapter opening. And then the chapter has a garbled title. I mean it's nothing gamebreaking or anything like that but It's bugging the crap out of me.

The odd thing this doesn't happen when the game transitions to the Sacae route, making me wonder if the error was in the original game (I always went Sacae so I wouldn't know)

Edited by Onmi, 14 July 2011 - 02:17 AM.

#14 Lassie

Lassie

aka Feaw

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:36 AM

The chapter title icon thingy for Chapter 17 Ilia route has always been messed up. There's nothing really to do about it.

#15 Tryhard

Tryhard

alright lads

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

I've so far only played up to Chapter 3 but I noticed Ellen had her magic labelled as 'Str'.

Just saying.

#16 Onmi

Onmi

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

I've so far only played up to Chapter 3 but I noticed Ellen had her magic labelled as 'Str'.

Just saying.

This is not a bug. When Implementing the Magic/Strength split the game will automaticaly default the weapon page to display the Strength weapons and show the stat as strength. Because Ellen doesn't have offensive magic yet it will continue to display Strength until promotion and her getting a light tome.

#17 Tryhard

Tryhard

alright lads

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:13 AM

This is not a bug. When Implementing the Magic/Strength split the game will automaticaly default the weapon page to display the Strength weapons and show the stat as strength. Because Ellen doesn't have offensive magic yet it will continue to display Strength until promotion and her getting a light tome.

Ah okay. Makes sense.

#18 shrang

shrang

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

1) Bows are ridiculous now o_0
2) Animation doesn't show when Lilina counterattacks with the Luna Driver

Edited by shrang, 15 July 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#19 Onmi

Onmi

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

1) Bows are ridiculous now o_0
2) Animation doesn't show when Lilina counterattacks with the Luna Driver
3) Can you go into slightly more detail on the supports? What happened to insta-C-support for Roy/Lilina o_0

I wanted the balance between Bows and magic to be
-Bows get more range and strength, but they have to target defense, since you mostly fight melee units I figured defense would be higher to target (unless magic vs Res and strength vs Def are calculated different)
-Magic would get the extra effects like poison, HP drain, and (in a later patch) critting certain units like Aircalibur does for flyers. But suffer the range loss, but they can always counter during the enemy phase.

Now how successful this is? not sure, It definitly makes enemy archers something to fear, though if you think I should ramp back the Mt on the weapons a bit unchanged from the original) I could consider it.

Yeah I'm still mucking with the Luna Driver animation to fix it all it used to have the dark dragon breath but all that did was... well...

Posted Image
Lilina? Lilina why are you setting yourself on fire? and why is this hurting the Thief?

Yeah.

I didn't muck anything about with Lilina and Roy's supports.they should still pretty much instant C-support.

All supports are either 20 base/3 growth, 30/3, 40/3, 40/4, 50/4, or 50/5 the higher ones are reserved for guys like Yodel and Karel who come late, or couples/family like Zealot and Yuuno. The only ones who don't abide by this is the 'family' of Lugh, Ray, Hugh, Niime who support circle at 35/3

#20 shrang

shrang

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:59 AM

Something I came across while playing in the desert chapter (Chapter 14), pretty much all explained in the video:
I had to do the same for the boss as well, he seemed to have two lives as well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users