Photo

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#561 VGE

VGE

You will quickly learn that I am an annoying idiot.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

No one is giving Tomo feedback on the voices?
Any particular reason?

#562 jubedube

jubedube

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

so I applied for a bunch of roles, including reyson, ashnard, and boyd.

looking forward to see what parts, if any, I get assigned

http://www.mediafire...816s74rik71063.

Your voice fits a very particular character, I suggest if you want to try out for more parts that you give the younger ones a good shot.

I enjoyed your Boyd the most, I also thought your Zihark, Sephiran, Brom, and Geoffrey were appropriate. As for the other characters you tried out, I don't know if we have a standard for this fandub, but I feel your voice is not quite low enough for the other characters you tried out save for Reyson, who I recall in the initial posts is being reserved for a seasoned singer.

If you want my advice, all you need to do is work on your delivery of the lines. Do multiple takes if you must and look up the in-game scripts (All in the PoR section of this website) that have the lines for your characters, that way you understand the context of what they're saying.

I hope you haven't taken offense to what I've written down, because that's not my intention, of anything, if other people like all your voices then l wouldn't mind if you did all the parts you tried out for.

#563 Ciarre

Ciarre

sold my soul to the gay swimming devil

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Couldn't you always have someone sing, but have another person voice the character?

#564 jubedube

jubedube

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Couldn't you always have someone sing, but have another person voice the character?

As long as no one minds the difference in the voice, that is a good alternative.

Edited by jubedube, 03 April 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#565 Eail

Eail

CARROT SWORD

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

I say to just use the original singing, it's not like anybody is really going to care considering it's in another language REVERSED

#566 Tomo

Tomo

The Canadian /co/mrade

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Your voice fits a very particular character, I suggest if you want to try out for more parts that you give the younger ones a good shot.

I enjoyed your Boyd the most, I also thought your Zihark, Sephiran, Brom, and Geoffrey were appropriate. As for the other characters you tried out, I don't know if we have a standard for this fandub, but I feel your voice is not quite low enough for the other characters you tried out save for Reyson, who I recall in the initial posts is being reserved for a seasoned singer.

If you want my advice, all you need to do is work on your delivery of the lines. Do multiple takes if you must and look up the in-game scripts (All in the PoR section of this website) that have the lines for your characters, that way you understand the context of what they're saying.

I hope you haven't taken offense to what I've written down, because that's not my intention, of anything, if other people like all your voices then l wouldn't mind if you did all the parts you tried out for.

makes sense. I'll redo some of my auditions, and try for a few more of the bosses.

#567 jubedube

jubedube

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

makes sense. I'll redo some of my auditions, and try for a few more of the bosses.

Just a heads up, the spots for Balmer, Gromell, Heddwyn, Ikanau, Kasatai, Mackoya, Seeker, Maijin, and Hevetti are filled (At least to my knowledge, I only mention this since it's not displayed on the front page). So unless you're interested in one of those parts you don't need to try out for them.

Edited by jubedube, 04 April 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#568 VGE

VGE

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

If I exclude the singing option for Reyson, then Leanne's singing goes as well. So, we just will try to avoid making the herons sing.

I don't have some "IT HAS TO BE THE BEST VOICES EVER!!!!!" 'standard,' but I want it to be enjoyable. So really, there is no "standard." Just have fun with the voices.

Balmer, Gromell, Heddwyn, Ikanau, Kasatai, Mackoya, Seeker, Maijin, and Hevetti

Which ones did you apply for again? I believe I liked all your bosses, if I recall correctly.

#569 jubedube

jubedube

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

If I exclude the singing option for Reyson, then Leanne's singing goes as well. So, we just will try to avoid making the herons sing.

I don't have some "IT HAS TO BE THE BEST VOICES EVER!!!!!" 'standard,' but I want it to be enjoyable. So really, there is no "standard." Just have fun with the voices.

Which ones did you apply for again? I believe I liked all your bosses, if I recall correctly.

I applied for all of the ones I listed except for Havetti, who, from what I recall, was being voiced by Hoss.

#570 Gone2Ground

Gone2Ground

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yo. I don't know if anyone's applied for Stefan yet, but I'd like to give him (And a few others) a shot. I just wanted to make sure that a (Not that) thick Scottish accent wouldn't mix anything up that much.
Or if there's someone that REALLY needs that accent pushed on, I can do that too.

#571 Snapdragon

Snapdragon

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Actually, I think an accent could probably work for someone like Stefan, since he's unaffiliated with any country. At least, it wouldn't be as weird as, say, Lucia having one and the Geoffrey and Elincia not or something. That's just me though.

#572 jubedube

jubedube

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Yo. I don't know if anyone's applied for Stefan yet, but I'd like to give him (And a few others) a shot. I just wanted to make sure that a (Not that) thick Scottish accent wouldn't mix anything up that much.
Or if there's someone that REALLY needs that accent pushed on, I can do that too.

A Scottish sword master?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok

Where do I sign?

(Specifically to say, "I am the desert, and I brook no intrusion. Make peace with your goddess.")

#573 Gone2Ground

Gone2Ground

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Here's my first three submissions (Stefan/Naesala/Bandit2). If anyone has any recommendations for other voices I should try out I'll take 'em. It's a little jumpy, but I haven't used Audacity since I was, like, six, so that was pretty much taken for granted. I'll practice with it some more until I regain my former proficiency.
4Shared
EDIT: I probably should have called it something else...sorry about that.

Edited by Gone2Ground, 07 April 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#574 VGE

VGE

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

I had an idea for Largo. We should totally have someone imitate Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove/School. Tell me you can't picture Largo with that voice!

#575 Kon

Kon

The weirdo who likes archers

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

You mean Patrick Warburton? That would be pretty awesome. XD Although John DiMaggio sounds like a better match for Largo IMO.

Funnily enough, DiMaggio is actually the voice of the Scotsman in that video a few posts up. XD

Edited by Kon, 11 April 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#576 jubedube

jubedube

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Here's my first three submissions (Stefan/Naesala/Bandit2). If anyone has any recommendations for other voices I should try out I'll take 'em. It's a little jumpy, but I haven't used Audacity since I was, like, six, so that was pretty much taken for granted. I'll practice with it some more until I regain my former proficiency.
4Shared
EDIT: I probably should have called it something else...sorry about that.

I don't know whether or not Etern has responded to your audition, but I'm assuming you want some feedback (Or you don't and I'm just a prick):

Really digging your bandit, don't take this as me making fun of you, but I really like the accent you put on it, namely the, "IF YUH DUNT AHH'LL START WITH THA GARRLL". As for your Stefan, it was a little muffled, I have bad speakers so I could only hear a few parts. For your Naesala part, I find it interesting that every person I hear say his name pronounces it differently (We're probably going to have to discuss that later as a group, I know that there was some discussion on pronunciation in the last page). Regardless, it had a good sense of humor and I thought it was quite fitting for his character. If you want my advice on sounding less muffled, I can tell you have a low quality recorder, but if you record in a quiet area and also cover your microphone with something that would act as a windscreen, it might be able to help (Although, I can't say for sure, these methods are more applicable with cardioid microphones). Also do multiple takes and check how far you need to speak from the microphone to get the best sound. Anyway, since my opinion hasn't been asked for I'm not going to get into details like voice direction or vocal range, I feel presumptuous as it is.

By the way, 32 seconds in, I heard it and I love it.

#577 VGE

VGE

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

I haven't listened yet, but I will tomorrow.

And jubetube, no worries about giving advice. It's the reason I tend to post the auditions in the thread itself, so others can provide their point of view.

#578 VGE

VGE

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I hate double posting...tch. Ah well.

Gone2Ground, I absolutely loved Naesala and Stefan. Stefan's pleased me the most. The Bandit I'm neutral about.

#579 Gone2Ground

Gone2Ground

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, I really liked how Stefan came out too. The bandit was just for a laugh, to be honest.

#580 VGE

VGE

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

So I'm thinking of sending something dubbed to machinima, for the dubbed project, but the question is, what do I send in?
A recruitment, death message, support?

I mean, it's not certain that they'll post it anyways, since they didn't post the fandub trailer, but it's worth a shot. The only thing is, it has to be something people would wanna watch. Probably something with Marcia if anything, since she has a big fanbase.

So, what do you think? And how about we give Gone2Ground Stefan, as well? I liked it. =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users