Rumor: New Fire Emblem on the Way?

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe this rumor of a new Fire Emblem game at all?

• Yes
    • No

Honestly, I don't really have any faith in this rumor, but I decided to post it here anyway.

(Originally found on the GameFAQS 3DS Message Board)

"RUMOR: Nintendo will reveal a new Firm Emblem title for 3DS soon, the game is called Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance. The game will take place 100 years after Sealed Sword, the story centers around Princess of Kingdom Bern and Prince of Kingdom Lycia, each will have different story in their perspective. The game will also have new Casual Mode for beginners and Lunatic Mode for advanced players"

Source: http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is a load of crock. First time a third game of a continuation in one world is made? A century ahead? In Elibe, arguably one of the least popular areas in the series? When did this blue sacred sword and red demon lance come from in Elibe? Why are they suddenly appearing in importance in just a century when they haven't been mentioned since the scouring?

Cool as a brand new game in the series would be on the 3DS would be, I'm hard pressed to believe this rumor in the slightest. Start a poll, wanna see how much a llandside it is for people seeing this as crock vs those that don't.

Although this could very well be a total load of bull, IS has come up with titles that sound just as wonky... Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light says "HELLO!"

As for it being another Elibe game, IS could be making an effort to jump-start the series with western audiences again by starting with another Lycia story (the continent that started western FE) on a new console. It might make some degree of sense: New Mystery was tailored for Japanese audiences (since FE3 was their favorite game), while this game will be designed with Western audiences in mind. As for "they can't DO another Elibe game," watch them do it. A century is more than enough time for new conflicts to brew. If this is true, I'm looking forward to seeing a century's worth of progress in Elibe (steam-punk FE...?).

Also, add a poll option for "I'll reserve my judgment because I am not all-knowing."

Edited by Arch

the game is called Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance.

Somebody has been playing pokemon a lot recently

Not gonna happen. They can't make another Elibe game. Everything was settled in FE6.

According to the argument, FE7 could not be made since FE6 wrapped everything together. Placement of timeline is unimportant.

According to the argument, FE7 could not be made since FE6 wrapped everything together. Placement of timeline is unimportant.

Sounds accurate to me. There was no good story that could be made for FE7, therefore it didn't have one, as has been demonstrated.

Blame my brain for being lazy on the weekends.

But even then, I still am not sure what would be done a century later. By the sound of it, it's basically Lycia and Bern going to war. A second time. Just kinda makes the rumor less substantial, since it's just repeating the premise of FE6 but switching around a few factors, like the princess of Bern.

Now what would be funny is if this rumor had substance, but the concepts of it were completely exagerated/misunderstood by the "leaker" and it just turned out to be a remake of FE6. I would actually welcome an FE6 remake, and I think the concept of a "Western FE" to mirror the eastern Archanea would be rather interesting to see what they do different between one and the other, or just how they're gonna juggle that in general.

As for it being another Elibe game, IS could be making an effort to jump-start the series with western audiences again by starting with another Lycia story (the continent that started western FE) on a new console. It might make some degree of sense: New Mystery was tailored for Japanese audiences (since FE3 was their favorite game), while this game will be designed with Western audiences in mind. As for "they can't DO another Elibe game," watch them do it. A century is more than enough time for new conflicts to brew. If this is true, I'm looking forward to seeing a century's worth of progress in Elibe (steam-punk FE...?).
I'd honestly rather have an FE7 remake with new characters (ike another female support for Rath, complete with a paired ending) added accordingly. Failing that, an FE6 remake. (That gets the FE7 pairs right. Excluding Pent X Louise and Bartre X Karla for obvious reasons.) I know well enough that neither is likely to happen. (And the two seem just fine as is.) Edited by Elmer

I'd honestly rather have an FE7 remake with new characters (ike another female support for Rath, complete with a paired ending) added accordingly. Failing that, an FE6 remake. (That gets the FE7 pairs right. Excluding Pent X Louise and Bartre X Karla for obvious reasons.) I know well enough that neither is likely to happen. (And the two seem just fine as is.)

You're just hoping that LynxHector is proven canon, aren't you? :P

It's called "milking a franchise to make more money."

As far as the OP goes... no. Just no.