Solum's sprites

Solum

Okay, so I come from a little community of frenchs. We all are passionated by FEgames and... Sprites! I start two years ago and... in two mouths you can be best than me x)

But I'll share it all here.

Her's a command from a member of where I come from. He recolorated the mug as he wanted, and called him Tudel.

This one is "Siram" a Wyvern knight

This girl is Sille, a mercenary

Well I did other mugs but... I can't find them because my space is... Untidy.

That's all!

Edit: I will re-upload some mugs of this post. I hope they won't disappear again x)

Edited by Solum

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see number 3,4,5 and 6, but the other ones are.. fantastic! I mean, I like Flaris a LOT *_* she's beautiful! and her hair is fantastic!

and Sille's really cute ^w^!

I don't like Glytt's "spiky" hair on top, but... is that a braid that I see on the left part? *_*

and Ayon is... wow. XD I don't know how to describe him. I like his colours, anyway xD

Well. All that mugs has been done (oula... I don't know if the grammar is correct here >< ) In very differents times. Mug that you dislike as been done... long ago.

And yes it's a braid. x)

Edited by Solum

Ok yeah I think these are pretty impressive! ^~^ But I think I see a couple things.

On Glitt, the bright red doesn't look good with that light colored outline. Perhaps it'd look better if you switched to FE8 colors because to me it just doesn't look good together like that. And with that single, long strand going down the middle of his face looks like that the shading is extending bit too far compared to the actual strand.

And then as for Ayon, that larger strand that's going down the middle of his face looks like it needs a bit darker shading because otherwise when zoomed out it looks like it has next to no shading, making it seem kinda blocky. That white shirt thingy he's wearing looks like it should have a third shade on it because it doesn't look good having all that light color against the outline. If you were at the color limit then you might have to risk something for that third shade because otherwise it doesn't seem to go well with the outline.

There's something else I'm seeing with that shoulder/white shirt, but I'm not sure what exactly =[ Idk why I would think there's something off and don't even know what it is D=

Otherwise I really like what you've done with the rest of your sprites =D

(I don't know if I already said that I don't know make mini mugs? x)

Step 1: Take a 64 x 64 pixel section of your mug

Step 2: Resize it to 32 x 32 pixels

Step 3: Take out the nose (only a FEW exceptions to this) and the face shading to the lightest color

Step 4: Clean up the shading pretty much everywhere (especially the borders)

Not the BEST example, but that's how I did this:

TsubasaHimeFormatted.png

Edited by shadowofkitty

I called him Glitt. He's a social knight (Cavalier in french)

They're actually called Cavaliers in the US and PAL version as well, but no one here calls them that due to loyalty to the Japanese version. And I too cannot see Tudel/Ben/Lyrene/Siram. Could you try uploading it to another host?

Step 1: Take a 64 x 64 pixel section of your mug

Step 2: Resize it to 32 x 32 pixels

Step 3: Take out the nose (only a FEW exceptions to this) and the face shading to the lightest color

Step 4: Clean up the shading pretty much everywhere (especially the borders)

Not the BEST example, but that's how I did this:

TsubasaHimeFormatted.png

I tried doing this, and it made the image 256 colors.sad.gif Is that supposed to happen?

... scaling the image adds colors? >_>;

How the heck did THAT happen?

Resized in Photoshop/GIMP.

Resize it in paint, borders and such will be messed up, but the colors aren't messed up and it can be fixed.

Resized in Photoshop/GIMP.

Resize it in paint, borders and such will be messed up, but the colors aren't messed up and it can be fixed.

Yeah, I re-sized it in paint. It wasn't really that bad, I just took it down to a few base colors, and re-added the details after pasting it to my portrait. Then I checked for any stray pixels and got rid of them. 10 minutes later, and I got a chibi.biggrin.gif

Ah! Okay! I did not understand what you all meant by "can't see them" I thought you couldn't see them because they were too bad xD (Notice that they may be so...) Well then, I'll reupload them.
Otherwise, Thank you for your aid, I'll work on them =)

One question : When does the splicing mug tournament begin?

It's done. I think you will be able to see them now =)

Edited by Solum

Now two others : A begin of Reyson's custom mug.
custo.png

And A new mug, made two hours past.
2f9240cb-c9c1-42ad-b652-0bba160989ad_Pal
... I want to call him Kent (in his 35-40's) ^^ But Colors aren't the sames.
And sorry for the the double post...

Edited by Solum

Reyson's body feels too small. I mean, he IS a small guy, but he's still a guy. If we put a FE standard size head on him, the head would look huge. For a small male, I'd recommend shoulder widths of around 80 +/- 3 pixels at the angle you have, rather than 67 which is what you have now.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the way you make it looks "unique". It still looks fire emblemy, but not like any single fire emblem character (usually splices look too much like the character used as their base, and customs often look like a different style).

The sprite itself is pretty cool, but it's got a bad case of pillow shading on the body and it is especially noticeable on the strap. Try toning down the shading a bit.

02cc588a-28db-4257-acfd-a92c352d5986_FFFee2.GIF

I used the bandit's strap of the first chapter in Eliwood mode to modify this one.

In fact, I try to do like mugs of Dream of five, (at first some of them were just splices) and they are now as original and uniques characters.

I also began this one in full custom. And now I'm blocked. I can't do his eyes, the only thing I did is aberrants Dragonball looking. ><

Duke from Tales of vesperia (not released in PS3 in france. Impossible to play it Q_Q)

f52255ed-b607-44d9-9ba3-01e0c6a1dad3_Tryer5.PNG

I've tried to size him in Fire emblem dimensions so the hair isn't always the same.

Edited by Solum

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought I'd look at a sprite gallery

9e93050d-ba69-4d60-ba58-91dc69afacde_Tryer5.PNG

So I've continued to fight to get this. But I'm so far from the original looking of Duke *hell*

and I came upon approximately the best thing ever. The resemblance is really good, what are you talking about so far from the original? D: It's an awesome sprite for an awesome character. This makes me glad.

Okay thank you, I'll keep working on Duke.

Now i've done a full custom. (The face and the hair makes me happy, but the body... doesnt)

Anyway, Iplan on give her the class of mage knight.

And call her Camille( "ille" sounds like the begining of the sound of 'you' ) as a current name or Lesane as fantasy name.

vner.png

But I don't know wich color please me more

Edited by Solum