Love Nayr! I think his design is awesome and love his face and the angle of his head. I have a few problems with him though:
1. The left side of his body looks off. Its angle looks awkward with the rest of him. Maybe moving it up and in some would make it look better.
2. Where the headband meets with the end of his hair. It looks too constricting on his head and I think some of the hair should fall over it in that area.
3. The right collar looks a wee too thick.
I fooled around with it in paint to show you what I mean. I am not saying you should use this because I am sure you could do better but it is just to demonstrate what I am talking about.Spoiler ()
1. The edit you made gives the impression that the cloth is being wrapped around his arm, as opposed to draping over it. You also forget that he has a pauldron on both sides, the cloth has to have girth to show that.
2. How the hair is arranged is up to the designer, it's just a question of how much hair is under it and how much sits over it, and given the length of his hair, there wouldn't be much. Also it's not really a headband, its more of a wrap. I just couldn't fit the knot and ends anywhere without blending into the collar or looking stupid. So assume it's on the other side. And unless you want one to fall off, it has to be tied tightly and the hair has to show that.(The edit was done by ShinyCharmander, who outclasses me.)
3. Fabric can be as thick as the designer wants. And given that the side on our right is facing a different direction plus is on the near side, of course it would appear larger/thicker.