Return of the Emblem Chapter Seven: Reunion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1057 replies to this topic

#1041 roymbrog

roymbrog

LIZARD .__Y__.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

“Yeah...” Valter mumbled as they arrived at the room. It would be interesting to see how well off the common person was here. As he opened the door he remembered something probably relevant. Earlier, he had chosen a single room. They should probably move. "Hmm. I'll check and see if there are any double rooms in this hall," he said, heading back out.

-----

The food was delicious. Synthia focused on eating, rather than the self-righteous archer who decided to argue with Gytha again.

Edited by roymbrog, 29 January 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#1042 Snowy_One

Snowy_One

Free

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Robin sat up from her spot in her room. Nadya wasn't back yet. Normally this would not be a cause for anything. After all, even if she was a socially-desiring woman, not having someone around her at all times was hardly a cause for concern, especially at dinnertime. Robin was used to being alone anyways, but still... Sitting around in a room with little more to do than hum was boring! She wasn't sure what was going on with the rest of the group, but getting up and actually doing something would be better. At the least she wanted to go out and try to see what the city was like. Quietly she got her bow and arrow before calmly leaving her room, looking for a guard, or anyone, for directions on how to leave and what the city was like.

#1043 -Cynthia-

-Cynthia-

Most Terrible

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I guess I haven't told anyone this yet, but he seems like a pretty nice guy. Couldn't hurt. Nadya thought to herself before responding. "Not too far off actually, I'm savin' up to buy enough land for my clan to live on. Somethin' nice we can farm on, not livin' off whatever desolate scraps Kigen gives us. We really haven't had a land to call our own since we left Rex-Avaz- and I think it's high time we get some. Problem is, good land ain't cheap," she said with a shrug.

#1044 Phoenix

Phoenix

Least Terrible

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

Rasha

"Oh it wouldn't be any trouble at all." Rasha assured Aneda before the issue of price came up. A simple smile was her initial response. "Not really. The only expense for this is time and effort."

Haythem

"It sounds like you're trying to found a whole country. That's a huge goal!" Haythem exclaimed, picturing more of a seventh nation than claimed territory. "So are you going to be the queen by any chance?" he inquired.

Haythem Seeking Missile

A lone messenger spotted Isis from one of the rooftops, and not a moment too soon, as it would soon be too dark to spot anything in the air that wasn't being revealed by contrasting with the clouds(of which there were none nearby). The messenger stood on the rooftop for a few moments trying to decide how to get the rider's attention. Eventually they settled for sending up a flare. Revealing a tome, the messenger began waving his hand around in circles and flames began to appear forming a spinning ring of fire. <"You had better spot this, Haythem!"> Finally he thrust his arm out toward the distance wyvern and the flames rushed up into the sky. Isis hissed at the oncoming flames and swatted the flames with her tail instead of letting them pass. The small fire streak dispersed on contact.

<"Huh?"> Haythem looked down toward the building the fire magic had come from and sighed. <"Oh what's the big idea? Urgh.">

#1045 Mercakete

Mercakete

The Nyaa-ing mercenary manakete!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

After they were done eating, Synthia and Gytha went back to their room to rest. It was dark out now so the sconces in their room were lit. Maw was waiting for them there, curled up on Gytha's bed. She'd already eaten her fill (around half of the cut of meat she'd found in the kitchen) and drank a satisfying amount of water and no one was the wiser. Happily, the mariner plopped down on her bed, rudely awakening Maw who jumped off the bed and glared at the oblivious culpret. Gytha was fairly content. "So, Synthia... What d'ye want t' do tomorrow? I, meself, am goin' t' look around th' palace n' see if I can find Amon," she asked from where she lay flopped onto her bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't have to, you know. I could just sleep on the floor tonight. That way we'll both be asleep faster without staying up to look for an empty, two-bed room," Norbert replied with a shrug, "I don't mind."

#1046 ReformBlade

ReformBlade

Bring it

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

"You're sure?" Aneda cocked her head slightly, not quite sure how to respond. She wasn't used to such generosity. "Well... If you really wanna do this for me I won't refuse!" and hopefully this won't come back to bite me in the butt later... Oh well. I should take life in stride and not try to analyze every step before I take it. Damn I'm cool!

#1047 roymbrog

roymbrog

LIZARD .__Y__.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

Synthia stretched out on her bed, glad to be sleeping inside tonight. It was a nice change after the last few days. “I dunno,” she replied, yawning. “I guess, if they let us, I might go see what the rest of the city is like. We didn’t see too much of it on our way in.”

-----

Uh, no. His friend wasn’t going to sleep on the floor when there were perfectly good beds around. A few minutes extra sleep wasn’t worth it. “Don’t worry, it won’t take long,” he said and closed the door. True to his word, it didn’t. He was back within five minutes having found a vacant room just down the hall. He reentered the room and slung his bag over his shoulder. “I found one just a few doors down.”

#1048 Mercakete

Mercakete

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Gytha shifted herself and the covers around until she was under them. "Well, t'morrow'll be fun. G'night, Synthia." With that, she blew out the sconces near her bed and curled up in the comfy bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there was no arguing. Just Valter's expression when he suggested sleeping on the floor told the pegasus rider that much. The horseman found a room quick enough anyway and so gathered his things and began heading for it. Norbert had already picked up his own belongings again and so followed along to the new room. Once there, he basicly set his things by one of the beds and laid down in the bed he'd claimed. It was very comfortable, which was something Norbert's body wasn't prepared for, coercing him quickly into slumber. He barely managed to say "See you tomorow...Valter...." before he was already asleep, felling deeper and deeper into subconciousness by the moment.

#1049 roymbrog

roymbrog

LIZARD .__Y__.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

“Good night,” the mage replied. However, she did stay up a short while longer reading her tome before blowing out her own candle and falling asleep. The bed was so comfy, like a marshmallow...

-----

Thankfully, the pegasus rider complied without any further excuses and they were in their new room. As soon as Bert lay down he was out like a light. Valter took longer to fall asleep, but soon the stress of the day caught up with him and he was dozing as well.

#1050 Acacia Sgt

Acacia Sgt

To boldly go, where no man has gone before...

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Sophia suddenly stopped. Wait, she thought. I don't think I know which room we're staying at. She realized. Well, that is definitely a problem. Well, I can try to find her or just choose my own room. And then the walking resumed.

-----

John yawned. <Well, I guess the time to call it a day is near.> He thought. He rose from the bed and took a sitting position. <We'll see what awaits us tomorrow. But for now...> He looked over at the room. <Heh, this certainly can't be compared to what we may have once we're on the road back to Ursium. Got to take the opportunity while it lasts I guess.>

#1051 -Cynthia-

-Cynthia-

Most Terrible

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Nadya

Nadya was just about to explain how nomads didn't really have a strict leadership hierarchy like the other nations, when some sort of signal flare interrupted her.

<"Is that some kinda call to action? Better get movin' if it is, duty to your country and all that,"> she said to Haythem. <"Unless that's just a random arsonist, in which case ya should probably do somethin' about it anyway.">

#1052 GoD

GoD

GodofDiscord

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

And walk did the maiden need no further, because a few minutes later Chelsea motioned to Sophia to follow the troubadour to their room.

And a few minutes later the young maiden could rest, because they arrived in their glorious room, with their glorious beds, which were indeed filled with gloriousness....ness.

Anyways it was time to rest their weary bodies..... because damnit they needed some good-sleep, not the crap-sleep they had on the wagon. Raquel had to upgrade the wagon to a portable mansion.... with beds. Lots and lots of beds.
In any case Chelsea went to sleep in her bed and dreamt about beds.... and flying on beds, because sure why not.

#1053 Acacia Sgt

Acacia Sgt

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Just before fully retiring, John looked through his bag one final time. <Let's see, yeah, this should be fine for tomorrow. Alright then.> And with that, he finally retired for the night.

-----

Fortunately for Sophia, Chelsea found her and so the two were now in their room. As Chelsea went to one of the beds already, Sophia took a moment to look at the room. Finally, we'll get a chance to sleep properly. She thought. She then headed over to the other bed. Sigh, this is nice. Yes, this is certainly... much better than... sleeping on that wagon... And that was the last before she too fell asleep.

#1054 Snowy_One

Snowy_One

Free

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

About Robin the many people of the group were slowly starting to filter into their rooms. Though she could still feel determination in her body, the hot bathwater had caused her to become relaxed and sleepy. It was not time to head out, it was time to sleep. Slowly, she turned back into her room and went to lie down. She quietly looked down at her arrows, touching the tips she had shaped herself, before pulling the blanket over her and closing her eyes for sleep.

Spoiler (Robin Dream)

Robin suddenly rolled out of the bed and onto the floor, jolting her awake. She wasn't sure just how much time had passed, though it still seemed to be night. "<Oh thank the gods. That was a weird dream.>" she said, rubbing her head and back as she sat upright, unsure of what had just happened.

#1055 Mercakete

Mercakete

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

The sand-ship captain wandered the connected decks of the sand armada city. Most of the crew was on shore-leave -- well, as much of a shore-leave as one could have on the open sands while pulled into the docks of an armada city. Amon was away, visiting his old admiral and comrades. She met one of them -- a wyvern-riding quartermaster named Haythem -- and saw another, but she hadn't been introduced to anyone besides Haythem. He'd gone off while Gytha had been registering them with the city's docks and now she was wandering the planks alone, relaxing as she took in the sights.

"Ahooooooy!" the faint call from above caught the captain's attention. The wyvern landed on the deck of the next ship and Gytha smiled, hastening her pace to meet with its rider.

"Ahoy, John!" greeted the captain.

"Captaiin..." sighed the rider as he slipped off of the wyvern's back with a weak smile, "Me name's Jamaal. Remember?"

"Ah, aye, aye, sorry. I always forget," appologized Gytha.

"It's fine," he shrugged. For a moment, his eyes studdied Gytha, then guessed, "Lonely?"

"Aye..." sighed Gytha as she looked over the sand-ship city.

"Saw ye earlier with Dr. Synthia," he mentioned, coming up beside her.

"Aye, aye, I was... It was fun, too, n' I appreciate th' time. This is Amon's city, though. Was excited t' have 'im show me around," she replied, disapointment evident in her voice, "This place is is new, is all... But" she forced a reassuring smile as she rested her hands on her hips "I also thought comin' here would be good fer Amon. Looks like it is, isn't it? HARHAHARR! He's probabla goin' around, talkin' t' friends he hadn't seen in a long time!" she gave an affirmative nod "Aye, this is good for him. No need t' be selfish when someone's just come home."

"Aye, that's the truth of it, isn't it?" agreed John, "...But I know yer still disappointed, captain. Don't worry. Ye'll enjoy yerself, even if things aren't goin' as ye thought they would. Ye always find a way t' smile, after all. Ye wouldn't be Captain Gytha if ye didn't! Harheharr!"

"HARRR! Aye, that's right! I guess it's just b'cause o' back then... When I couldn't trust anyone 'sides Maw. Amon was th' first stable friend I made after that," she replied.

"Worried he'll turn on ye? Can't ye trust'im?" asked John.

"Aye, I know I can. Ahh, would ye look at that?" Gytha responded, relaxing again as she saw the sun setting over the shifting sands, "Nothin' like seein' th' sunlight reflectin' off o' th' waves."

"Aye, captain," Synthia walked up to Gytha and leaned on the guardrail as the two were blasted by a gust of wind. Niether minded. John was just taking off again.

"Dr. Synthia, I'm surprised t' see ye here," Gytha commented.

"Why should ye be? I like a sunset just as much as th' next person. N' I couldn't leave ye fer long. Ye were pretty disappointed. I'm glad Jesse could talk t' ye while I went lookin' around meself," Synthia replied.

Gytha smiled at her friend. "Thank ye," she mentioned. She caught a glimpse of Synthia shrugging as she returned her eyes to the dazzling sunset: a golden ball of light, stretching its beams high and wide with a red glow boardering it. The gold rippled and shimmered on the sand and the clouds were all orange and pink. It was magnificent.

#1056 Acacia Sgt

Acacia Sgt

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

404 ERROR

Please disregard this post.

Edited by Acacia Sgt, 13 July 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#1057 Phoenix

Phoenix

Least Terrible

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Duty Calls

<"It's only a flare ... an obnoxious one, but a flare nonetheless."> Haythem admitted with a sigh. <"I should take you back the guest quarters, first, though. Hang on."> he instructed, guiding Isis back toward the palace. Once they arrived, he landed almost in the exact place they had taken off from, and got off first so he could help her down. <"If I'm not back tonight, I'll definitely drop by again tomorrow ... and you can tell me more about the nomads, then okay?"

Hair Calls

"I'm sure~" Rasha assured Aneda. Now they only needed a place to work, and plenty of water on hand. A few more towels than they had would also be in order, as Aneda's hair wasn't exactly 'short' or even medium in length. She sent one of the servants off to fetch those and Rasha took Aneda and the dyes to someplace private where they wouldn't be jostled or disturbed, a vacant room on the second floor that wasn't currently in use, and had a beautiful balcony view of the city. "will this place do or would you prefer some other place?"

#1058 ReformBlade

ReformBlade

Bring it

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

"Yes this will be fine!" And then they tried their hardest to dye her hair, but Aneda simply wouldn't' stop fidgeting, she wanted desperately to do it herself but they insisted on doing it for her. Eventually, through much unneeded struggle, Aneda's hair was now a beautiful shade of green, and although she wanted to simply to marvel at it for a while, she noticed that it was getting quite late and decided to head off to bed.

Edited by RainbowKitty, 05 February 2012 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users